Resident Evil 8 (village?)

The demo was OK. I guess the guns will, like Resi 4, be varied. The pistol was, as others have said, rubbish. It's a pretty game. 

I'll wait for Game Pass.

I just wish it was third person like 4. 

Said it before and I'll say it again and again - the RE:Engine is an absolutely wonderful thing. Hugely scaleable, able to give you fantastic detail and can be used in pretty much any type of game you can find. Can't wait to see the new Monster Hunter game on new consoles/PC too.

It's fabulous.

The reviews have been great -  and this is out tomorrow! :wub:

I was thinking to stay up and play this as soon as it unlocks (presumably at midnight) - but I have to give PT sessions at 6am tomorrow morning (actual physical training that is, not Konami's awesome demo), and it's probably best not appear all baggy eyed and freaked out. :lol:

Supposedly some people ha e been able to play the digital version early on xbox. 

I tried last night and had no joy. 

Suppose I could change my region to New Zealand later and play it early anyway. 

Amazon have taken my money and my Xbox steel book edition is being delivered tomorrow. I hope I did the right thing by buying the Xbox version. My rationale is that my screen can handle VRR which should help with any frame rate issues.

11 minutes ago, Hexx said:

This unlocked on PSN just now! :D

wait what?! Isn't it tomorrow? I just ordered a physical one :hmm: (Yes I am dumb enough to pay a premium to play a new Resi NOW)

1 minute ago, Bojangle said:

wait what?! Isn't it tomorrow? I just ordered a physical one :hmm:

Seems to be a global unlock based on Aus or NZ midnight

3 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

wait what?! Isn't it tomorrow? I just ordered a physical one :hmm: (Yes I am dumb enough to pay a premium to play a new Resi NOW)

It counted down and unlocked at 1pm but is relocked and counting to midnight while I finisher work 

ok I'll break! Seriously considering the PSN mega bundle of RE7 : Gold Edition and this for....[just remember the import days] £75...anyone else gone for this?

4 minutes ago, merrychan said:

ok I'll break! Seriously considering the PSN mega bundle of RE7 : Gold Edition and this for....[just remember the import days] £75...anyone else gone for this?

RE7 is part of the PS Plus Collection if you’re on PS5 btw.

5 minutes ago, merrychan said:

Resident Evil 7 is excellent for what it's worth. Though I'm sure if you're happy to wait RE7 appears in sales all the time, and would probably work out cheaper buying them separately.

Or yeah, PS+ collection if you're on PS5 (though you don't get the DLC with that. The DLC is mostly rubbish anyway).

Thought I would go back to Resi 7 for an end game playthrough from an old save. 

Compared to 8 the FOV, speed and weapons are far far worse. Its really sluggish. Still great though. 

Thanks all! I'm fresh out of likes but thanks for the input, I've loaned my PS4 Pro to a friend while I was moving so will be on base PS4 until I can get a PS5 :D (I don't have the heart to take the Pro back off them)

I really, really don’t have the bandwidth to be buying new games right now, but conversely I’m not sure I can handle the FOMO of both Returnal and Resident Evil VIII in the space of a week. 

What a dilemma!

I'm pretty sure RE7 was £4.99 a few weeks ago. I almost bought it, but I don't really get along with the first-person perspective plus I've already watched other people speed run it several times.

Had an hour or so on this earlier (didn't play the demo). Looks gorgeous! :wub: Plays just like RE7. Enemies are sponges. Headshots still do fuck all, not even flinch. I never know if i should be running or fighting.

Typical Resident Evil 'complaints' then. :lol: 

A gripe. 

So this generation I have both consoles - much like in the PS360-era - and I basically want to know which version is best, or at least best for me.

But DF no longer do the simple articles that would give you the information you needed quickly, instead a spoiler-filled tech deep-dive that I bet most people do not want to watch yet is made (with what looks like a lot of effort) that's 23 minutes like have you have to sit through 2/3rds of it to get to the information that is best used as a buying guide. 

It's sooo fucking annoying, and they've been called out on it before as it seems that John Linneman has no interest in doing these type of "buying guide" videos even though that's part of the job. 

Has anyone got the New Zealand account time zone trick to work on PS5? I created an NZ account on PS4 for the RE3:Remake demo which let me play it 12 hours early. I can't get it to work on PS5 though. There are UK streamers playing it online so I'm stumped.

There were also reports that the Xbox version felt different to play in the demo. Heavier aiming. 

Would be nice to know if there was a difference but I guess DF are too busy showing off loads of the environments of a game that's not even out yet. 

23 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Has anyone got the New Zealand account time zone trick to work on PS5? I created an NZ account on PS4 for the RE3:Remake demo which let me play it 12 hours early. I can't get it to work on PS5 though. There are UK streamers playing it online so I'm stumped.

There’s a bunch of streamers playing who have gotten earlier access from Capcom.