Resident Evil 8 (village?)

This has a 'Preorder Resi VIII on Xbox and receive 6000 reward points' card in the Xbox Rewards app today. Just preordered mine. :)

Edit:

DSC_0480.JPG

It’s a nice canned animation, but like most of the objects in the demo he’s otherwise inert.

I wasted most of my ammo on the Daughter in my first run as there was genuinely no way for me to tell whether it was producing no reaction because it was ineffective, or producing no reaction because there are no animated hit responses.

Same. Weird way to tutorialise (is that a word?) shooting. Shoot this woman you can't shoot!

I'm really hoping there's more to the basic enemies in the final game. The zombie mechanics in RE2:R were actually quite complicated.

I hope they haven't simplified it too much for the sake of more shooting and Mercenaries coming back.

Oh right. Yes they probably should’ve just skipped the prompts altogether until the bit where you’re meant to actually shoot things.

(Although it turns out enough damage will buy you a moment’s respite. In hindsight it had happened while I was using the pistol and just seemed random, but the shotgun makes it obvious there’s a connection between shooting at her and the pause in the attack.)

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

This has a 'Preorder Resi VIII on Xbox and receive 6000 reward points' card in the Xbox Rewards app today. Just preordered mine. :)

Edit:

DSC_0480.JPG

I cancelled mine and reordered it when I saw it. No idea if I'll get it as I paid with gift cards, but my fingers are crossed!

Is there any particular reason wht the standard edition pre-order would be out of stock on Amazon? I've got some vouchers, but I'm not interested in wasting them on fancy steelbook editions.

Also, when searching for the game on amazon.co.uk , I didn't filter against PC & Video Games and it showed me a bunch of stuff from other sections, including the Posters & Prints category. If you really REALLY like Resident Evil, then I guess Amazon has you covered with its selection of saucy RE Village hentai. Note that it's probably NSFW if you decide to go looking.

55 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

If you really REALLY like Resident Evil, then I guess Amazon has you covered with its selection of saucy RE Village hentai. Note that it's probably NSFW if you decide to go looking.

Ep5y-0_XcAIUBeJ.jpg.a5a3194b2e61e73c9a168ed492127d96.jpg

I've just noticed that I have 30 quid in my PSN account so I've splurged on the Deluxe Edition. Roll on Friday! We missed the Castle Demo last week so looking forward to not forgetting about the one hour demo tomorrow!

Tried the demo on PC.

3090/5950X user.

Won't run that well in 4K with all maxed out and with RT on. Is OK in 1440p but framerate is up and down, certainly not the 120fps locked I would expect.

They should have got DLSS in there, they're in bed with AMD on this game.

Not bothering with the demo but some people are saying the aiming is laggy on the Xbox version compared to the PS version. Hopefully just a demo thing or something that could be fixed with a patch but I'm definitely holding off on picking a version until this comes out properly I think. I seriously doubt I'll have Returnal completed by the time this releases anyway so I can wait.

Summer is just not the right release period for a game like this? It's getting bright outside and I'm too old now to sit up all night. Might just hold up until autumn for this one as I already have a shitload of unplayed titles on both PC and PS5. 

3 hours ago, Triple A said:

Tried the demo on PC.

3090/5950X user.

Won't run that well in 4K with all maxed out and with RT on. Is OK in 1440p but framerate is up and down, certainly not the 120fps locked I would expect.

They should have got DLSS in there, they're in bed with AMD on this game.

I wouldn't worry unduly about this. Demos are notoriously shitty on PC most of the time, and unless something really off happened, I have no doubt that it'll run considerably better when the final game comes out :)

(Typed by someone with the same specs as you ;)

Just turn raytracing off, it looks virtually identical and more than halves the framerate! Seems to be an AMD implementation which wrecks 3xxx series cards.

Tried the PC version and while it's a big improvement, the combat still feels pretty ropey to me compared to Resi 2 Remake and even RE3. The enemies don't seem to react in any meaningful way when you shoot different parts of them, which is much easier to test with a mouse. Hands, feet, knees, head - everything results in a little puff of a blood and nothing else. It doesn't bode too well for tactical aiming decisions when getting swarmed. But perhaps I'm thinking more RE4 and less RE7, which rarely had you fight more than a couple of enemies at once. A week to go, hopefully my worries are unfounded.

Controls do seem more floaty on Xbox than the PS5 and is it possible to actually do damage to the enemies with the firearms ? 

environments look gorgeous though and it’s more resi so I’m still in 

37 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Controls do seem more floaty on Xbox than the PS5 and is it possible to actually do damage to the enemies with the firearms ? 

environments look gorgeous though and it’s more resi so I’m still in 

apparently the floaty controls are fixed by adjusting the aim accelerator 

Played half hour on my Series S on my new oled. Anyone who says series s isn't a capable next gen console play this. Looks awesome at 2k 60fps. Tried ray tracing mode, but didn't really make any noticeable visual impact to warrant halving the frame rate. Really nice use of hdr to. As for game play, enjoyed by what I played upto yet. Only thing I would knock it on is shooting werewolves felt like sponge bullets. Can't wait for the final release

Played through this on series X last night. Really enjoyed it and the graphics look great.

Two gripes though. The weapons are really floaty and lack any punch.

It's just not scary. At all. Which is odd because re7 was terrifying.

It’s really nice looking and very smooth but there is something off with that camera movement, felt laggy and motion sickness inducing.

No real jump scares but it was quite unnerving especially when enemies appear in the castle demo. I take it you are meant to die in that, or is it just demo over once you die? 

Bloody hell, it took ages to find the demo on the Xbox store. 

Downloading now. Available for a week, right? I missed the castle demo on PlayStation last week, so I’m looking forward to giving it another go. 

Has anyone established if the combined demo is playable on PS5 if you’ve already played one/both of the previous single demos?