Best New Music 2020

I need to work out my albums of the last decade, in the meantime January has already delivered these bangers. 

Can’t believe it’s been three years since the last Destroyer album :o

New Daniel Avery & Alessandro Cortini album coming 27th March, here’s the title track. 

Also, a brand new Gorillaz track featuring Slaves & Slowthai, I really, really like this. 

I kept meaning to make this thread, as I'd made the last few, but hadn't done so as I hadn't come across anything so far this year I wanted to share. I did hear the new ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead album but wanted to give it a few more listens, plus reviews of it seemed to be from last year so was confused by that.

I'm glad you made it @Stanley

I wasn't sure about that new Gorillaz track at all, it feels like Slaves' contribution to it has been dulled somewhat, I don't know enough about slowthai to comment on the rest of it.

EDIT:

Might it be worth putting details for albums where we've embedded Spotifty/YouTube/Other services? Last year I posted a bunch of stuff, but didn't say who it was by then the embed stopped working and I couldn't track what it was I'd recommended when I looked back through the thread.

I've listened to that ... And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead (whom I've talked about so much now they're name is saved in my phone's auto text :lol: ) album again this morning and I think it's probably one of my favourites of theirs

I think it totally rocks and would agree with you there, Madonna was always my favourite just for the sheer force and energy of it, but the songwriting on the new one is top notch whilst still retaining and channelling that same energy. 

A quick reminder in case you missed it - the RLLMUK music poll for the best albums of 2010-2019 is open until 16 February, and it would, as always, be brilliant to have your votes! You don’t have to have 20 albums - your vote counts, even if you have just one album you’ve liked from the last decade.

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/314473-rllmuks-favourite-albums-of-the-decade-2010-19-list-thread-open-until-february-16/

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Did you like Art Angels?

Not really. One of the biggest disappointments of the last decade for me.

Visions is one of my favourite albums though.

Ohhh, Pure Reason Revolution were one of my favourite bands back in the day, but they disbanded about ten years ago. They've since regrouped and are putting out a new album, Eupnea. The first cut is called Silent Genesis and it sounds like a perfect blend of the more electronic sound of their latter two albums with the longer and more proggy structures of their first album:

2 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

Ohhh, Pure Reason Revolution were one of my favourite bands, but they disbanded about ten years ago, but they've since regrouped and are putting out a new album, Eupnea. The first cut is called Silent Genesis and it sounds like a perfect blend of the more electronic sound of their latter two albums with the longer and more proggy structures of their first album:

Ooh that’s pretty out there, liking it a lot. 

1 hour ago, Nequests said:

I saw them live in about 2005 and then never heard a single thing from them after that. Not sure why.

Which album is best?

Wow, that would have been when they were just starting out, with their Dark Third album.

Yeah, they did two follow up albums, Amor Vincit Omnia and Hammer & Anvil. Both had a more electronic sound than Dark Third, they both had some cracking tunes but on balance I think Hammer & Anvil was better, because the production was tighter and the album had a fuller sound. Black Mourning is one of my favourite songs... one of these -> .

The first one had some gems too, I must have listened to this track hundreds of times over the years. :)

15 hours ago, Stanley said:

I’ve only heard Terminal Slam, but I’m going running on the beach in a storm tomorrow, and I reckon the album might make a suitable soundtrack to that :mellow:

And it was fucking amazing :)