rllmuk
mansizerooster

Resident Evil 3 remake (no spoilers please!)

On 07/03/2020 at 08:43, Jamie John said:

I never played this on the PS1. Is it more action-orientated and linear than 1 and 2 or is it the same sort of Meteoidvania (ish) gameplay, exploring the same larger location, doing puzzles, getting keys, fiddling about with statues, that sort of thing?

The original was more shooty than 2. In fact every Resi became more shooty until they reset the clock in 7.

I visited Capcom’s Resi stall at TGS back in 2002 and it was full of replica guns, along with the figures and cosplay stuff. Seemed pretty clear they were aiming for full-on gun fetish even back then. 

• Upvote 1

Anywhere doing this for less than £50? 

Comes out 3 weeks tomorrow!

Excite!!!

• Upvote 1

On 03/03/2020 at 08:14, Phil said:

I think it's out over the Friday the 13th weekend. A person on resetera who posts a lot of RE insider stuff said something like [it's out on] "the most resident evil appropriate weekend in March".

I so hope this is correct...

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

I so hope this is correct...

Sadly not. Apparently it's going to be out next weekend to coincide with the 24th anniversary of the series.

This demo on Thursday and then Doom Eternal on Friday :omg:

• Upvote 4

I'm so super hyped for this!

Resi 2 was an absolutely phenomenal remake and this looks to be even better. Seriously, if Capcom forge ahead and give us Code Veronica and (gasp) Resi 4 in this engine I think I might explode! I've said it a bit further back but I would LOVE a "remake-remake" of the best game of all time - Resi 1. Just thinking about those bloody hairy spiders rendered in super real-o-vision gives me chills... :wub:

I'm all over this demo - bring on Thursday! :)

I don’t think I’ll be able to do any of these with spiders in. Gutted, because REmake 2 was amazing.

• Empathy 1

It’s got to be Code Veronica next surely?

They’ve already got nice looking versions of 1 and 4 out there. 

Played the demo twice and loved it. It looks amazing, even more so than Resi2. Nemesis is bloody tough though and far more aggressive in his pursuit than Tyrant! 

Can't wait for the full game to drop. 

11 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It’s got to be Code Veronica next surely?

They’ve already got nice looking versions of 1 and 4 out there. 

In EDGE's in-depth feature on RE3, the head of the dev team did say the team was feeling quite exhausted after they finished both RE2 & 3 remakes, so I don't know if we'll see another remade RE game any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Only played a few minutes of the demo and quit. Never played 3 but having enjoyed 2 so much last year I’d seen enough to know I should just be buying it and playing it all fresh. It looks amazing with all the neon.

Started the demo on Xbox one x, but can’t get past the framerate. Gonna try again on pc tomorrow, 120fps phwoar

Really looking forward to it and want to get it but my internet has massively shit the bed in the last week so it'll take approx a month to flipping download. Boooooo.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Slow on the uptake, but only just now noticed that they retconned this into Resident Evil 3.

Huh?

Used to be Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Originally it was Resident Evil: Nemesis, a side story, but because of contract obligations they had to to another mainline RE game on the PSOne, so they called it RE3: Nemesis (the only mainline RE title with a sub-title) and Code Veronica (which was supposed to be RE3) became a side story.

Something Capcom later went on to deny even though it's quite obvious that the main story goes from RE through RE2 to its conclusion in CV.

• Upvote 3

Well, that was pretty stressful, running (strangely slowly) from the big guy, whilst trying to hit dodge at the right moment to evade zombies. Still, the graphics and tight controls of 2 remake are still lovely as ever. I just hope Tentacle McTwistynose takes a timeout now and then so I can relax and soak up the atmosphere.

What's with the tentacle grab where he drags you towards him then does nothing? It would be good if it were like Half Life barnacles and you could pull your gun and shoot as you were being dragged. I held L2 expecting her to aim her gun.

3 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Used to be Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Originally it was Resident Evil: Nemesis, a side story, but because of contract obligations they had to to another mainline RE game on the PSOne, so they called it RE3: Nemesis (the only mainline RE title with a sub-title) and Code Veronica (which was supposed to be RE3) became a side story.

Something Capcom later went on to deny even though it's quite obvious that the main story goes from RE through RE2 to its conclusion in CV.

3 is miles better than CV though, so overall a lucky escape for the franchise.

• Upvote 1

Played through the demo twice now - is it just me or does this look even better than RE2? It's excellent - Nemesis is going to be a royal pain in the posterior though, it's so hard to get away from him. Agree with what's been said above, it'll be such a relief to take a break from being pursued to appreciate the atmosphere a bit more and slow things down a bit. Just thinking back to RE2 how bloomin' tense it was hearing Mr X stomping around all the time. 

I can't remember if Nemesis "supercharged" the regular zombies in the original game - thats a new thing right?

Also the shooting in these games is just the best, it has so much weight to it. :wub:

Yeah to my eyes it looks even better than RE2. Especially on the X. Played it through now a few times on my Xbox X and PS4 Slim. 

Judging by the demo it seems it'll be a fair bit more action oriented, no issues running out of ammo! it's also nice to be in the city and it seems a bit more open in general.