Rate the last film you watched out of 5

Klaus 5/5

Klaus has some of the most beautiful and spectacular looking animations, environments, characters and effects i have ever seen. The mix between 2D traditional animation and 3D CGI Lights, really give a stunning aesthetic.

The story is amazing, other than a few clichés (You'll know when you see it), the characters are lovely, although i would have liked a bit more development about them in some occasions. You will laugh, cry and love this movie.

9 hours ago, yakumo said:

Klaus 5/5

Klaus has some of the most beautiful and spectacular looking animations, environments, characters and effects i have ever seen. The mix between 2D traditional animation and 3D CGI Lights, really give a stunning aesthetic.

The story is amazing, other than a few clichés (You'll know when you see it), the characters are lovely, although i would have liked a bit more development about them in some occasions. You will laugh, cry and love this movie.

Cheers for the impressions.

I've watched the trailer a couple of times and couldn't quite decide whether to go all in or not.

Kids have woken up stupidly early (as expected) so we've put it on and, by goodness, it's wonderful!!!

5 ho / 5

Star Wars TROS - 2/5. 

Chinatown - 5/5

Terminator - 5/5

Last Action Hero - 4/5. (A film that's aged brilliantly, loved it as a youngster but it got critically panned at the time. Love it even more now)

Diary of a wimpy kid 3/5

Diary of a wimpy kid 2.../5

the boy got a box set of the films, to go with the boxset of books... :facepalm:

W&G curse of the wererabbit 4/5

because I found a Blu-ray with the first 4 W&G adventures that we misplaced a few xmas ago under the stairs. Along with Pirates! An adventure with scientists, and The Polar Express.

10 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Cheers for the impressions.

I've watched the trailer a couple of times and couldn't quite decide whether to go all in or not.

Kids have woken up stupidly early (as expected) so we've put it on and, by goodness, it's wonderful!!!

5 ho / 5

It's a legitimately good movie with a Christmas theme, not just a by-the-numbers "The Santa Claus"-type Christmas movie, if you get what I mean.

The Two Popes. I really enjoyed this. Two brilliant performances from Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce as Popes Benedict and Francis. There's not much story, it's pretty much the two of them talking theology and church policy for two hours, but it's gripping to watch thanks to the chemistry between these two great actors. Surprisingly funny at times too, a sort of odd couple film at points. 

4/5.

Ralph Breaks The Internet: 4/5

It was never going to be as good as Wreck-It, but it was better than I expected - I thought it would be packed with dumb memes and borrowed gags that would end up dating the film, but once it got most of the webby parodies out of its system there was quite a nice central storyline involving Vanellope and Ralph. :)

didnt know what to do..

so

I watched Bumblebee... this was a mistake...as...all i want to see now is a full blown remake of 1986 in that style of the first 3 minutes, as that is exceptional,!?!

BUT...its clear , this is a transformers  movies, for transoformers fans, and..the.best thing about it ..its full of heart, and that has been lacking in modern day blockbusters so much,.

Xmas day is always movie day. So I finally caught up on my watchlist. Gonna compress..

Marriage Story
A tight stage play remake of Kramer vs Kramer for the modern age and better balanced. But not fully balanced. Still, beautifully written and wonderfully observed.

3/5

The Report
A spectacular performance from Adam Driver in a one man show YouTube version of All The Presidents Men. Full of fascinating observations but very light on Cinema.
3/5

Free State of Jones
Strong Cinematic character study on a shameful moment in American history. Solid film making and performances. Great cinema. Wish I'd seen it on the big screen.
4/5

Call Me By Your Name
I struggled with this. Only due to my own prejudice. Beautiful love and life story, but in certain homoerotic scenes I embarrassed myself by looking away as though it were gore. I only volunteer this as confession. I still cried at the beauty of the central connection.
3.5/5

Plain Soleil
I watched this as a kid and didn't really get it. After having read the book and watched the Talented Mr Ripley I have to admit its a lost classic. Way more intelligent than the remake. Way more sexual. I love the remake, and I love what it did different. I'd say they play off each other really well, and I'd love to think that was Minghellas intention all along.

But fuck, has will there ever be a Tom Ripley as sexy as Alain Delon?
5/5

On 24/12/2019 at 23:13, yakumo said:

Klaus 5/5

Another 5/5 here

Avengers Endgame

Saw it at the cinema. This was my second viewing. I preferred the Thanos fight in the previous one. 4/5

Wreck It Ralph - Breaks The Internet

Preferred the first one but this was still great fun. 4/5

The Wizard of Oz

Still amazing and I virtually know the script. 5/5

Robin Hood

I thought this was excellent apart from the terrible production design and costumes which are just very badly misjudged.  No surprise to me to see everyone else hated it. I thought the cast were excellent, particularly BM who is much better here than in Rogue One when I watched it last week. Great action scenes and a nice brisk pace.

I am going to knock a point off for that terrible design work and the fact that it clearly wasn’t shot in the UK at all

3.5/5

Wombling Free (1978).

Live action kids film.  With the wombles, and lots of songs.  As an adult the songs are the best but, but the nieces and nephew enjoyed the plot and definitely engaged with the environmental message of the film.  So the film worked on that level.

The "Japanese" businessman is a horrific piece of casting/writing/acting that I'm surprised was made, even then.

2/5 (me) 4/5 (niblings)

Peter's Friends (1992)

Kenneth Brannnah directs his friends in a film about a bunch of University students reunion at the house of one of them (Stephen Fry, as Peter).  I'd never seen the film before, but found it worth a watch (and quite appropriately seasonal, although I didn't know that beforehand).  It is also a good reminder that all of this lot can act.  And makes you Google "Tony Slattery" to see what happened to him.

4/5

Teen Titans GO vs Teen Titans - 2019

(A.K.A Teen Titans into the Titans-verse)

My daughter has become a big fan of both Teen Titans GO and the original Teen Titans recently. We often watch TTG on Netflix and have watched the feature film Teen Titans Go to the Movies multiple times. With her enjoying that and also getting into the original Teen Titans so much I got her the new straight the video crossover film for Xmas.

I enjoyed it and found myself laughing out loud a lot. It's got a great balance between the more serious TT and the stupid/jerk like TTG. It also has some wonderful jokes in there that basically take the piss out of the vocal idiots who cried about the changes from the OG Titans to TTG and theres some really fun cross dimensional stuff in it too. 

It doesn't really feel like a feature film,  like TTGTTM did, more of an extended episode of TTG. But regardless of that it's very fun and enjoyable. 

3/5