rllmuk
PeteBrant

Most bad ass scenes in film

Just watching first blood and it strikes me that the forest scene where Rambo takes out the local police with non-lethal force is about the most bad ass scene in cinema. It just sets up the whole film without a single kill as him being a one man army in a completely believable fashion. 

What beats it?

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

I'm a massive fan of the opening escape in First Blood, really tightly filmed action, then morphs into a chase, and a scramble into the woods, followed by that cliff jump and fight with the helicopter. It's a solid 20 odd minutes. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Goose said:

I'm a massive fan of the opening escape in First Blood, really tightly filmed action, then then morphs into a chase, and a scramble into the woods, followed by that cliff jump and fight with the helicopter. It's a solid 20 odd minutes. 

It really is great. 

• Upvote 2

Police Station scene from the original Terminator is pretty fuckin' bad ass. Awesome guns, high body count, great music and lighting.

Hospital scene from Hard Boiled for that one-shot take and the sheet amount of carnage

but one of my all time faves is Van Damme in the Mardi Gras warehouse from Hard Target. It's totally hype, cheesy and laden with real effects that look awesome. The upside down pistol shooting @1:42 in particular - a real highlight

• Upvote 4

The last one is particularly impressive as it was largely improvised. Where most action scenes are choreographed and rehearsed for ages, Yen and Jing just went for it and shot it in a night.

• Upvote 6

Not a bad ass scene, but thought this was pretty interesting, with a stuntman reviewing fight scenes and giving a bit of behind the scenes view of the effort involved in choreographing them. Edit: Ugh there is a GoT final season spoiler in there, be warned... A very short one but a biggie.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

The last 10 minutes of Blade, where the man himself cleans house and delivers the best line in recorded history.

The opening ten or so are excellent too.

Tony Jaa destroying people in the middle of Ong Bak.. 

Or this four minute single take fight from The Protector/Tom Yum Goong

• Upvote 3

A different sort of badass action scene...

Rewatched it recently for the first time in a decade. I wasn't as keen on the movie as a whole as I remembered being on first watch, but that final race is a perfect example of everything a sports movie climax should be. :wub:

• Upvote 4