rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Edge #336 | Disintegration

IMG_2749.thumb.JPG.9e91c1fc938a9e7450d085a979b02940.JPG

Hype has a look at, Link's Awakening, John Wick Hex, Marvel's Avengers, Kine, The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan, and River City Girls.

Hype Roundup has a quick shifty at, Doom Eternal, Autonauts, Rainy Season, Cris Tales, and Savior.

Features include cover star, Disintegration from ex-Halo co-creator. Rebellion plots its boldest development yet. 30 years after the wall fell, games explore what it means to remember a divided Germany.

Reviews:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 6

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 9

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 8

Sky: Children of the Light - 8

Nowhere Prophet - 5

Dr Mario World - 4

Stranger Things 3: The Game - 3

Fantasy Strike - 7

The Making of Into the Breach.

Studio Profile visits The Chinese Room.

Time Extend looks back on Persona 5.

The Long Game still loves playing Apex Legends.

• Upvote 6

Redefining the sci-fi shooter with Disintegration.

Starring AnthemDestinyIronMan.

Also featuring a space ship out of Destiny

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (which is absolute shit) is 1 better than the excellent Day's Gone!

I haven't played Youngblood because New Colossus was woefully inconsistent. Days Gone is alright, I'd say a middle of the road score is fair.

Opinions! *Jazz hands*

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, K said:

I don't think scores are benchmarked against some absolute universal constant, like the games journalism equivalent of the rotation period of a particular pulsar, or that score discussions revolve around some complicated process of triangulation. Like, if Youngblood is worse than Days Gone but better than Dying Light, if all three games are worse than Mario Kart: Double Dash but are also all better than Little Big Planet, and if the best game of all is actually rubbish, then you can probably arrive at a consistent score, but it would need to be expressed in the form of Zermelo-Frankel set theory, and most of the mag that month would consist of code. I suspect it's just someone's opinion of how good that game is.

[6]

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, K said:

I don't think scores are benchmarked against some absolute universal constant, like the games journalism equivalent of the rotation period of a particular pulsar, or that score discussions revolve around some complicated process of triangulation. Like, if Youngblood is worse than Days Gone but better than Dying Light, if all three games are worse than Mario Kart: Double Dash but are also all better than Little Big Planet, and if the best game of all is actually rubbish, then you can probably arrive at a consistent score, but it would need to be expressed in the form of Zermelo-Frankel set theory, and most of the mag that month would consist of code. I suspect it's just someone's opinion of how good that game is.

My initial comment is both a bit snidey at EDGE's reviews and also quite facetious. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grobbelboy said:

Does it have a dedicated single player mode?

That's what I'm wondering. I love Bungie shooters but I have zero interest in their GaaS/MMO type efforts. If these guys can deliver a proper shooter with a Bungie feel and a proper campaign, then I'm all for it since I don't see Bungie themselves making one of those anytime soon.

I hope this turns out well!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Instead of score could we talk about that super thick cover stock this month or literally anything else.

Theres a relatively long john wick hex article that I’m more interested in because I bought it in the epic games sale?

4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Cheers MrDo :)

Another month without a subs-exclusive cover it seems... Hmmm...

Just coincidence. Star Wars we didn’t do one because there was hardly any art about (and Disney’s approval process doesn’t really fit with our habit of telling PRs at E3 that we want to put their game on the cover and please show us all the art you have immediately) and we felt the text lifted the image. Without it, it just looked like something was missing. 

This month is one of those occasions where we’ve gone so nuts on the treatments for the newsstand cover that anything different we did for subs would have felt inferior to it. We want subs to have the most beautiful version, not just a different one. Sometimes that will mean you get the same as the newsagent. But only rarely. Normal service will resume in due course (hopefully this month but I’ve been on hols the last two weeks and am blissfully ignorant of what’s going on). 

• Upvote 4