rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

But the blades were on TV plenty last year without them. Think the club were claiming them to be required for VAR.  I guess it’s all related to broadcast quality, regardless.

The requirements for TV and media in the Premier League are much more high spec than the Championship. Burnley had to spend £5m on upgrading in 2015.

The PL handbook has specific lighting requirements for TV. A very quick skim of the Floodlights section of the 2018/19 and 2019/20 handbooks shows no difference for VAR. (On Phone so can't link but Google for Premier League 2019/20 Handbook.)

52% of the audience agree with him. <_<

Also I see Coutinho has ended up at Bayern. He must have a hell of an agent because I just don’t see him as this Galactico figure that his recent moves and fees seem to indicate.  He was a good player for Liverpool but I think he was struggling to hold down a place in their best XI at the time of the sale and I’m not at all sure he’d be anything other than a bench warmer at Anfield now. The (£140m?) fee Barca offered must still get laughed about in the Liverpool boardroom.  He’ll probably win stuff at Bayern this season but I can’t see him becoming the player they build their team around nor will he be someone who dominates games like a Galactico should. Seems fitting that he’s probably going to get James Rodriguez’s old parking spot at the training ground.  

He also is a bit of square peg in a round hole at Bayern. Was at times wonderful for Liverpool but the side has progressed since his protracted departure.

He’s always welcome at the Anfield museum to see the European Cup his ridiculous transfer fee essentially won.

Nah he’s fucking quality tbh. Isn’t an ideal fit for a Klopp side but would still get in our team more often than not. For the right system he’s top drawer.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, spork said:

We've had the first 2 league games now. Aren't we usually due an international break at around this point?

England play Bulgaria and Kosovo in the first week of September?

https://englishsoccerguide.com/when-are-the-international-breaks-in-the-2019-20-premier-league-season/

For the Premier League, the most-watched league in the world, this just means no games these weekends:

September 7

October 12

November 16

March 28

22 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Linfield's 3rd goal was quite something. It's on the BBC website. They won 3-2. I doubt they'll qualify but a great result.

woof.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Probably the best result in my time watching wolves. 

watched it in mexico with a Mexican Wolves fan who I gave my shirt to a couple of days ago (swapped for a Club America shirt, Raúl’s old team) so it was pretty nice for Raul to score. 

Cannot wait for the second leg. One more goal should do it. We should have won by more tonight really. 

I didn't watch it but I was confident enough to put a tenner on you guy's winning :)

I think you'll continue to do well in Europe and I think your players / manager are probably quite enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we do seem to relish every game and it's great to see.  Nuno also might - just might - have solved the enigma that is Adama Traore.  He's been unplayable in the last 2 games rather than being the footballing equivalent of Forrest Gump.  Hopefully he can keep this up.  His assist for Jota's goal last night was excellent.

Bought my ticket for the return leg next week - South Bank.  1st time I've been able to get a ticket in there on my supporter number in years - being a member actually has it's perks!!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Yes, we do seem to relish every game and it's great to see.  Nuno also might - just might - have solved the enigma that is Adama Traore.  He's been unplayable in the last 2 games rather than being the footballing equivalent of Forrest Gump.  Hopefully he can keep this up.  His assist for Jota's goal last night was excellent.

Bought my ticket for the return leg next week - South Bank.  1st time I've been able to get a ticket in there on my supporter number in years - being a member actually has it's perks!!

I’ll be there, nervous but excited. 

Hope I can learn the new songs in time :) 

47 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Hope I can learn the new songs in time :) 

NUNO NUNO NUNO NUNO!

GINGER ARMY!

COME ON WOLFS!

WE HATE WALSALL, SAY WE HATE WALSALL!

• Upvote 1

in what will come as a surprise to Chelsea & Man City fans who believe football started somewhere around 2003 tonights game between Villa and Everton is the most played fixture in the top flight, with this being the 203rd meeting.

45 minutes ago, Gotters said:

in what will come as a surprise to Chelsea & Man City fans who believe football started somewhere around 2003 tonights game between Villa and Everton is the most played fixture in the top flight, with this being the 203rd meeting.

Luckily for you, if this forum is anything to go by, Chelsea and City fans don’t exist.

There's about to be 3000 very unhappy Rangers fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628

Rangers have been ordered to close part of Ibrox for Thursday's meeting with Legia Warsaw following "racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing" from fans.

The punishment from Uefa relates to the Europa League first round, second leg against St Joseph's on 18 July.

Rangers must close at least 3,000 seats and display a banner with "#EqualGame" on it in the empty section.

They are yet to announce the area to be shut for the sold-out game.

30 minutes ago, Adrock said:

The BBC are billing tonight's game as winless Villa against unbeaten Everton :lol:

2 games into the season. What bullshit.

Write to Points of View

I think I may just do that. Talking up the Liverpool vs Arsenal match as the 100% records falling also annoys me.

I understand Sky are trying to sell the drama when they do it but the BBC football website does not need to do it.

The general quality of BBC has dropped in exchange for a high quantity of stream of conciousness twitteresque drivel.

Check this out.

579717032_Screenshot2019-08-23at20_54_55.png.b589a9b6fa270d01b580a06f6fc9a840.png

Lawrenson has been awful for years but at least get someone to check his nonsense. Aside from the generally poor English, that last bit's not even a phrase!

4 minutes ago, Timmo said:

The general quality of BBC has dropped in exchange for a high quantity of stream of conciousness twitteresque drivel.

Check this out.

579717032_Screenshot2019-08-23at20_54_55.png.b589a9b6fa270d01b580a06f6fc9a840.png

Lawrenson has been awful for years but at least get someone to check his nonsense. That last bit's not even a phrase!

Doesn't he usually talk to Chris Bevan? Every single pundit on the BBC speaks to him. I feel sorry for him, having to listen to retired professionals mostly talk absolute bullshit.