rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Hope my LDF buddies are please with my lot, you wonder if luck could be with Liverpool this season after both results today!

Nah, gap needs to be at least seven points before we blow it.

17 minutes ago, JamesTW said:

Eh? What about luck with Spurs, the result was for them right or are they out of already?

We go about quietly and will win the league stealthily... shhhh

6 minutes ago, glb said:

Nah, gap needs to be at least seven points before we blow it.

15 at Christmas or no hope ;) 

Funny how Shearer was all like "that's the rules" last week now he's "it's ridiculous" :rolleyes: (regarding the handball decision)

And what's with calling VAR "var"? Surely everyone else bar the pundits spells out the acronym?

VAR is following the rules. You can think the rules are ridiculous but non of that is VARs fault. It was used correctly and followed the rules set out by FIFA.

Now as much as I enjoy City getting done over by VAR, the new handball rule is a joke.

12 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

VAR is following the rules. You can think the rules are ridiculous but non of that is VARs fault. It was used correctly and followed the rules set out by FIFA.

Now as much as I enjoy City getting done over by VAR, the new handball rule is a joke.

It seemed like last week when Ian Wright was saying he thought the rule was ridiculous Shearer was countering with "well it's the rules", this week hes made the same noises as Ian Wright did last week

They’ve always said these things even themselves out. It won’t be any different this season with every VAR decision evened out by the inevitable nonsense that is coming our way with this new handball rule.

Yesterday’s example was far from as bad as it can get. This season will be the most infuriating yet with trying to get close range accidental handballs being the new diving.

There seems to be a hunger and work rate about Chelsea in this game that has been missing for a couple of seasons with them. All over Leicester here. 

It’s the time of the season where the physical prep done can really make a difference, so it could just be down to that. We saw it with Arsenal last year, where Emery had worked the players really hard in pre-season, and we managed to get good results largely due to that physical edge. It always catches up to you though.

3 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

VAR follows the rules, but I absolutely hate the wait to celebrate a goal. 

New handball rule is awful, can’t see it surviving till next season intact. 

Imagine if Maddison wasn’t off side at the end there, would have been a massive VAR moment!

Chelsea had 20 mins of huff and puff and then Leicester took them apart second half and must feel hard done by with a point - so many missed chances.

25 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Also I will be shocked if Tammy Abraham scores more than 3 goals this season.

He's the new Patrick Bamford. He'll be back tearing up the Championship next season.

An annoying VAR-inspired draw with West Ham feels a bit like a loss. But Trossard is shaping up to be a Primark version of Hazard which is what we need.

We do need those 3 points off Southampton next week, though in preparation for the battering from City at the Etihad in GW4 and to try and preserve our Champions League spot.

Really love watching someone prick about with CAD software for five minutes after an amazing goal. Just to see if someone's little finger was further than another little finger. Riveting stuff. 

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Just now, cowfields said:

Really love watching someone prick about with CAD software for five minutes after an amazing goal. Just to see if someone's little finger was further than another little finger. Riveting stuff. 

:facepalm:

Can't score with your hands ;) 

Definite penalty but a poor effort from Pogba. I’ve not seen a game from Molineux for a while, how long have those awful double advertising hoardings been there?

On 18/08/2019 at 19:31, glb said:

Love this.

That is absolutely brilliant that!

A real shame that the blues are moving on from Goodisons.

The atmosphere in the ground is still as tenecious and raw as ever, and i say that as a red.

2 hours ago, nohsa said:

That is absolutely brilliant that!

A real shame that the blues are moving on from Goodisons.

The atmosphere in the ground is still as tenecious and raw as ever, and i say that as a red.

Yeah, I’d love to go to a derby there, even if the likelihood of getting an away ticket is slim to none and slim just took a taxi home.

That Coutinho deal strikes me as very high risk and really bad business from Barca, a sign of how much they regret buying him.

No way I can see Bayern paying that fee at the end of the year, leaving Barca with the player back a year older, a year less on his contract, on huge wages and possibly viewed as even more of a flop if he hasn't torn up tress in Germany. 

Of course they may get €120m for him off Bayern, or he may be brilliant and ready to slot back into team, or have suitors lined up - but that seems less probable.