rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Then don't make a very specific claim that you're covering every team the same. 

I don't think there's any space whatsoever for something that only covers the two big teams so I expect that section will be quietly shelved and it will become an England-only outlet. 

• Upvote 2

Cahill will be joining us at Selhurst, seemed a bit confused by the shirt, maybe his agent had only told him someone had agreed his wage demands but not who...

Small.jpeg

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, Plissken said:

Where The Athletic have splashed money on journos from the Big Clubs, Burnleys chief correspondent graduated from University last month.

I’m a Liverpool fan but the most interesting stuff I’ve read on there so far has been about other teams or something that is not actually about a specific team. It’s quite liberating reading material that is not clickbait bullshit and has a bit of substance.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

He looks like he's woken up wearing it, and has no memory of where he got it.

It's like the start of an episode of Qunatum Leap, next up he'll step out and see that the only chance Palace have of winning is Benteke scoring...

"Oh boy"

• Upvote 4

I do quite like a footballer looking miserable at signing picture, this though seems to have moved things on a little to 'elderly player looking confused'.

Who were the most miserable recent signings, Anelka to anybody usually scored highly, and Robinho to Man City was a peach too.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

I do quite like a footballer looking miserable at signing picture, this though seems to have moved things on a little to 'elderly player looking confused'.

Who were the most miserable recent signings, Anelka to anybody usually scored highly, and Robinho to Man City was a peach too.

This is still one of the greatest videos on the internet. His face, the music, everything. Perfect.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, spork said:

Wayne Rooney set to potentially become Derby manager. Derby fans can't be happy with that can they? 

Cocu leaving already after 1 game - thought it was some player/coach role so he could get his badges

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

I like the contrast between the sweet, naive optimism and 'you're not Mr Ferguson'.

5890a1b695185ddd8a000002.jpeg

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Coach, isn't it? Cocu has only just arrived.

Sacked after one match in charge, a really impressive win as well. RIP!

Rooney signing is mental, so surreal. It's not meant to be happening until January. Maybe it'll stop our traditional February slump. Or make it even worse. I love this game.

14 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/06/bristol-city-write-to-clubs-to-explain-new-policy-of-not-kicking-ball-out-of-play

Good on them. The rules have got so muddled and the faux outrage when a team doesn't kick the ball out is beyond pathetic.

Totally agree with this approach - the cynical going down and faking of injury to stop an opposition attack or counter, then the spewing of fake outrage is idiotic.

It drives me mad when you have a good position and then are forced to kick the ball out of play as the opposition defender is rolling around clutching his calf, then they'll take a throw and hoof it back to your goalie like that is the gentlemanly thing to do. Its just cheating.

I hope other teams pick up and do the same, I think the laws are clear, its the fake outrage and 'convention' that now drives the gamesmanship in this situation.

• Upvote 1

Apparently he gets between 11th November and 31st December off, as a Derby fan I'm a bit concerned about just how hungry he'll be between those dates to be honest.

• Upvote 3

Less than 48 hours of the transfer window left for English clubs. News picking up about Eriksen going to Utd and Spurs getting Coutinho on loan after being rumoured to be heading to Arsenal earlier today.

Time to get hyped and ready for absolutely nothing to come from any of this.

:omg:

Coutinho was never really ‘going to Arsenal’ - seems his agents are hawking him around to get him loaned out somewhere and talking up any deals they can.

Quite a fall for him really.

Other than miserable signing photos, big fan of lazy stereotyping. This popped up on Twitter earlier, taken when Di Canio joined Sheffield Wednesday.

BECAUSE HE’S ITALIAN!!!1!

6F293C28-866C-4BB1-88C3-B22BBDFB2363.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, glb said:

Other than miserable signing photos, big fan of lazy stereotyping. This popped up on Twitter earlier, taken when Di Canio joined Sheffield Wednesday.

BECAUSE HE’S ITALIAN!!!1!

6F293C28-866C-4BB1-88C3-B22BBDFB2363.jpeg

The Era When It All Went Wrong.

Possibly started by a raw pizza.