rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

5 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I'm one of the tiny subset of fans for whom that goal gets worse and worse every time I see it.

He made Burnley look like Arsenal

• Upvote 3

They should have bought Alderweireld in the summer, he was available for only 25 million and while he isn’t the player he was a few seasons ago, he is still a million times better than the shower of shite they have right now.

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I was sure the top 4 was sealed up a month ago, but Chelsea have opened to door wide open. A string of goods results for you, Spurs and even United and Palace could see them drop out.

I'd gamble on Hodgson beating Anthony Joshua in a fist fight before I'd bet on us finishing 4th.

Utd spending £55m on a 1990s full back that can only defend looks a sound move when they have the lead and need somebody who can tackle, rather than just bomb forward.

United have entered their 90s Liverpool phase. Managed by a former player they play well against the best sides but cannot beat lower table teams.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bradigor said:

City will be in trouble here. Fred hit by objects from the crowd. 

And, racist abuse! Classy Citeh are classy...not (there was talk of the 90's above lol)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ryodi said:

United have entered their 90s Liverpool phase. Managed by a former player they play well against the best sides but cannot beat lower table teams.

Yup. This season they’ve beaten City, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester, and drawn with Arsenal and Liverpool (spoiling Liverpool’s otherwise perfect record).

They’ve also lost to Newcastle, Bournemouth, West Ham and Crystal Palace, and drawn with 2/3 of the newly promoted sides. 

Anyone know why Lampard has dropped Tomori? I assumed it was a one-game resting so didn’t ship him out of my FF team on my wildcard, but now he looks firmly out of favour.

That said, you could argue he had a good game yesterday!