rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Robo_1

E3 2019 | EA TODAY @ 5:15PM BST

15 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

That's a game that completely slipped me by, but as I understand it, it's a bit like The Division, in that it's an online, team based campaign? Just to satisfy my own curiosity, could you (or anyone else for that matter) sum up what went wrong with the game in a paragraph, as I remember the hype and the gameplay footage looked strong enough. Just wondering where it went wrong. Cheers.

@Gorf King is the man to answer this. Put it this way, The Division 2 Beta had more gameplay than what Anthem had at launch.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Exactly. The sad thing is I quite enjoyed Ultimate Team when it was new. Now it's just a cash cow that means the other parts of the game don't get touched. I presume there is another no-effort switch version this year as well?

Ah yes, the ‘Legacy’ version.

I can only hope they aren’t putting any effort into FIFA on Switch anymore because Nintendo has informed them of a new Mario Strikers.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I can only hope they aren’t putting any effort into FIFA on Switch anymore because Nintendo has informed them of a new Mario Strikers.

No because are EA are arse.

5 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

Wow, the forum really has just shrugged at this conference, lol

I just came in expecting to find insane hype levels, so imagine my surprise etc etc...

15 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Did they show a new Need for Speed?

Nope

41 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Luckily for me I don't need a new version of Fifa on the switch. As Spurs don't sign players my 2018 version is still up to date. 

What about Liverpool’s CL patch though? Will look outdated with just 5. 

So am I right I’m thinking EA pretty much announced nothing?

A few yearly sports game updates, a few game expansions, and Star Wars which we already knew about. Is that it?

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

So am I right I’m thinking EA pretty much announced nothing?

A few yearly sports game updates, a few game expansions, and Star Wars which we already knew about. Is that it?

That's it. And the Star Wars game looked generic and by the numbers. They had absolutely nothing.

I don't get what people were expecting? They literally said before that this wasn't your standard conference and announced everything up front in half an hour blocks. 

14 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Feel sorry for BioWare, they have been bummed senseless by the dickwads at EA.

Let's not lay all the blame at EA here. By all accounts Bioware wanted to make this game and from all the reporting by Kotaku it sounds like working at Bioware is an absolutely horrendous experience. 

2 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

The biggest publisher in the world

'we got nothing'

Ultimate Team prints money and will keep shareholders happy until governments clamp down on it because it’s actually gambling. But until that happens they will happily carry on throwing the odd bone to fans like the Star Wars game to keep them happy. 

On 09/06/2019 at 10:16, ryodi said:

Ultimate Team prints money and will keep shareholders happy until governments clamp down on it because it’s actually gambling. But until that happens they will happily carry on throwing the odd bone to fans like the Star Wars game to keep them happy. 

When they eventually do class it as gambling it will be interesting to see what EA do. I bet they can't believe their luck at the moment.