rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
samthefootball

Love Island

First year of watching this show. Was always a bit dismissive before, but I got home late from work one night after a long day and the GF had it on after being peer pressured herself - we watched it in the background and got sucked in.

I'll admit to it being decent telly.

Weird how the combination of the prize money, pressure cooker environment, and shot at fame, are making people in there go absolutely doolally. Exploitative stuff for sure but if you're gonna take part...

Few genuine people in there, but like I say, decent telly.

Maura’s “arsehole Wednesdays” quip had me in stitches. Best girl.

1 hour ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Pleasepleaseplease let that trailer for tomorrow lead to something real. What a power couple haha

It won't. The trailers are horrendously misleading 90% of the time. 

Does anyone else think that Amy probably shouldn't be on the show?  When you think of the bad press it's had over the past few months - she appears to be very, very emotional after what's happened over the last few days.

I still don't think Curtis has done THAT much wrong.  Certainly not enough to warrant the tirade he's received.  He's known her for just a few weeks, they weren't even official and it's a sodding dating show.  I don't think I showed my ex-wife that level of vitriol when I found out she'd cheated on me and we had been married for 8 years and had 2 kids.

• Upvote 1

vsctthntzc831.thumb.jpg.7e6022af3b78cf22b30c9030df40238f.jpg

#TeamCurtis. He's done nothing wrong and yeah, they should probably reassess Amy's health, as she looks fragile as fuck. Still, it's a dating show and they must all have known what they were signing up for.

Still waiting for Michael to have a go at Anna for her hypocrisy.

Yeah, it's not a good sign and doesn't scream contestant care or any improvements in the selection process after poor old Mike. They need to get Amy out really.

1 hour ago, Pikkewyn said:

Still waiting for Michael to have a go at Anna for her hypocrisy.

Anna never said a bad word about Jordan. Yes they both chose to recouple and left people in the lurch, but their attitudes to the procedure were totally different. Michael was an absolute dick to Amber, trying to bait her into kicking off, and also spent a significant amount of time complaining about her to Joanna.

The only thing Anna did that was wrong was having a go at Michael for not "saying it with his chest", because she was meek as fuck when she saw Jordan had waited for her and actually tried to deflect some of the guilt onto him.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I can agree with that, @The Fox. My reading of the situation is that Michael had prepared himself for an almighty kick off with Amber and as a result had his guard up. But Amber directed her anger at Joanna, calling her a 'dead ting' (I cringed so hard typing that as a 44 year old white man.) Then Anna wades in repeating the same shitty phrase over and over. Anna is pathetic. Couldn't even look at Jordan at the recoupling and mumbling like a naughty schoolgirl who'd been caught smoking. Jordan deserves better.

Anyway, Amy got taken out of the villa briefly for some counselling but she's gone back in. ITV obviously twitchy after recent events.

This series has been ace.

• Upvote 2

On 04/07/2019 at 14:10, Boothjan said:

(I reckon Tolly Mae will by the middle of next week)

Go me. #rllmukloveislandmaster #notahashtagiwillboastabout 

I just glanced a headline with a big spoiler which also pretty much spoils the cliffhanger from last nights episode. Bloody spoilers. :mad:

Just now, spork said:

I just glanced a headline with a big spoiler which also pretty much spoils the cliffhanger from last nights episode. Bloody spoilers. :mad:

Yep - me too.

I'm annoyed, even though I predicted that was going to happen.

20 hours ago, spork said:

They always bloody do it, I find that the mail is the worst for this. Just one more reason to hate them

The Metro is the worst.  And annoyingly, it's unavoidable as I commute on the train.  I never read it but always see the headlines due to other people.  Which is another reason to hate people.  Which brings us back to Love Island.

Lovely bit of drama on last night's episode. Can't stand Maura's attention seeking shoutiness, so well chuffed Francesca stole Curtis from under her. 

How's everyone feeling about the rest of the islanders? Still liking all the boys, except maybe new guy, Chris. Ovie's cool as fuck, Jordan and Anton make me laugh. The girls are mostly boring, though I do like the new one. Amber's gone back up in my estimation after her awfulness a week ago. Anna's still annoying me and even though I'm warming to Molly, I'd still like to see someone come in and have a go at Tommy.

Marvin's lack of game will be missed. Was hilarious seeing him try and chat up Amber. :lol:

It felt like Marvin was just starting to come out of his shell, so it was a bit of a shame that he left last night. Maura's my favourite though, she brings the drama whilst also being funny as fuck. It would be dull without her around.

I have no time for Anna and only slightly more for Amber. The lads are mostly alright, except Curtis. It's not that I dislike him, there's just something not quite right. He's either in the closet or he's hiding something of his true nature in there. That's a tough act to maintain for so long.

5 hours ago, Boothjan said:

I think they're pretty much all awful.

Pretty much this which is the same every year, although you usually have at least a couple of couples who make up for it. Tommy and Molly are probably the only likable pairing at the moment.

I think Amy and Curtis were on to be this years much loved version of Danny and Jack but Curtis couldn't help himself and now he's looking like a massive idiot while chasing two girls because they are both giving him attention. :quote:

FFS we were so close to getting rid if Anna. She's appalling.

Didn't enjoy tonight's episode. I really don't think I like any of them. Belle and Anton's argument was absolutely pathetic.

I didn't mind Anton and Belle all that much - until last night.  Giving the girl in the shop his number might have been 'banterific' and it gave the boyz something to laugh about, but it's a twattish thing to do which was never going to go down well.

But then Belle surpassed Anton's twattery with her reaction to that challenge and the subsequent bust up.

By that point, I just wanted them both to fuck off and grow the hell up.

Absolutely infuriating.

The only person in there I don't loathe in some way is Ovie.  Jordan isn't too bad, but I loathe him by proxy for thinking Anna is anything other than a vacuous shitehawk. Tommy and Molly are too icky for me to like.  I used to like Curtis but he's turned creepy.

Ovie to win - but not couple up with anyone because they're all awful.

The townie egos in the villa really are quite something! Though I wonder how much of last night’s episode might have been influenced by the producers wanting to make it be like the typical nightclub barnie at the end of TOWIE.