rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
samthefootball

Love Island

I’m pleased @samthefootball has the balls to start this thread. I’ve bottled it for four years running. 

Yeah of course I watched it. Off to a good start. That Scottish bloke did what he needed to do to try to bag Lucy but it didn’t pay off. Nice try though. 

• Upvote 7

The girlfriend watches it. In fairness, the ladies are easy on the eyes. Like Baywatch it benefits by watching with either the sound off or the occasional glance whilst playing on the switch.

Plus the Scottish narrator guy can be pretty funny sometimes. 

This is by far the best thing on TV every summer. Watched it for the first time last year and was instantly hooked. 

:wub:

1 minute ago, spork said:

This is by far the best thing on TV every summer. Watched it for the first time last year and was instantly hooked. 

:wub:

Same.

already loving this season too.

i liked Callum early doors but he’s turning into a letdown. Curtis and Sharif are probably my favourites at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Ahahahahahahahaha, the floodgates have opened!! Losers!!!*

*Yes, I am watching it too :blush:

• Upvote 2

Me too, I just watch for my wife's sake. :blush:  

What I find really annoying is that freeview doesn't have ITV2 HD so I have to watch it in old fashion fuzzy vision!

48 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Me too, I just watch for my wife's sake. :blush:  

What I find really annoying is that freeview doesn't have ITV2 HD so I have to watch it in old fashion fuzzy vision!

Oh dear. I imagine the KY Jelly Slip and Slide Mini Game loses most of its appeal once you've reduced it's quality to SD....

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

Oh dear. I imagine the KY Jelly Slip and Slide Mini Game loses most of its appeal once you've reduced it's quality to SD....

McCoy gets it!

Every year....

Mr Mrs has it on the TV, whilst going "phwoar" every time she sees a fella with his top off, I sit playing on the Switch without looking at the telly for 58 of 60 minutes, and as soon as I forget myself and look up.. "Having a good look at her tits were you" 

"No dear" 

• Upvote 2

Had to watch this on plus 1 last night. Was gutted when at the end I opened the Love Island app to find out voting was only open for 30 minutes :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/48673973

Ofcom has received 794 complaints about Love Island since Friday, largely based on two issues.

Maura Higgins' advances towards Tommy Fury during Friday night's episode have received 486 complaints.

Higgins tried to kiss the boxer several times despite Tommy moving his face away from her as he lay on the sofa.

There were also 302 complaints about the treatment of Lucie Donlan, by some of her fellow contestants including partner Joe Garratt.

I'm honestly not sure I understand the British Public.  Why complain to Ofcom about what reality contestants are doing and saying to each other. People being mean to each other is bad but why do people feel that such behaviour should not be broadcast in the first place? If people don't like the concept of the show complain to ITV or ITV's shareholders, I'm not sure what people expect Ofcom to do. 

Joe in this is an absolute creep. Hope he gets booted off. Awful bloke.

Tbf that thing with Maura was pretty dodgy and I guess they thought they shouldn't have shown it and she should have been reprimanded in some way? I dunno. It was pretty gross though, she was proper trying to force herself on him.

The extra awareness of this kind of thing in recent years makes me wonder how longer this kind of show will be tenable. It's all seemed pretty mild to me so far, especially compared to some stuff in previous years (Terry's antics a couple of years ago with regard to Malin, the insanely jealous Welsh bloke who Sophie was coupled up with that same year), and also thinking further back to Craig's extremely creepy behaviour towards Anthony in Big Brother.

I think it's good if this kind of show can start conversations about how and why some of this behaviour is problematic. It's going on all over the country every day so it would seem silly to sweep it under the carpet or force a very inauthentic set if constraints on the contestants.

Who's still watching this then? Last night's was a bit good and the promo for tonight's is pure fire. :eyebrows:

Glad Michael got shot of Amber, but Lucie's new guy looks a bore.

• Upvote 1

I always say I'll never watch this because it's absolute gutter trash TV...... but I always do.

Last night's was ACE.  I can't abide Amber or Anna (both are immature bullies) and Amy has zero redeeming features so looking forward to shit hitting the fan on tonight's show.

• Upvote 2

Hey everyone, mentioned this in the "what do you do" thread, but me and a friend are in the second year of our Love Island podcast, Isle of Hate! I don't watch it, my friend who hates anything pop culture does, and then essentially takes notes and reports it all back to me. It's not as piss-takey as I thought it would be when we started, I think the sheer length and amount of episodes pisses him off and this year he's really struggling with Maura, but aside from that I think he quite likes the show. 

Anyway, we think it's funny, and if you're looking for a slightly nerdy reaction to something you're watching every night then look no further;

https://open.spotify.com/episode/389yGTe10hDOjWksKB3oF6?si=jWryk8l9RC6uZur6YyKqKA … 

https://t.co/EuugtELWNT

https://pca.st/WB58

http://podplayer.net/?id=72941456

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ta! Start with season 2, which is obviously this year's season of the show. We'd never done anything like that before Season 1 and I think it shows!

Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm watching it this year and it's AMAZING. I'm playing footy tonight but I'll be rushing back afterwards to witness the carnage after last night. Shit's about to get real.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Do you do them weekly?  

We do. Keeping it as current as possible. We record Sundays and release Wednesdays, so assuming my normal editing job doesn’t screw me over there’ll be a new one for everything up to last week out tonight! 

Had a listen and I like it so I've followed you.  You both have the same disdain for the show as I have - the phrase 'utterly horrendous' crops up a lot :lol:

I hadn't realised how much has happened since the last one you released.  A lot of which really was utterly horrendous.

Amber and Anna are such arseholes. Obviously the boys are no angels either (especially Curtis' weirdness) but looking on Twitter pretty much everyone is backing Amber and these dickheads are the ones who actually vote.

Anyway it's become a bit of a non-event for the actual winners, much like last year - Tommy or Molly will have to fuck up spectacularly to not walk away with the 50Gs.

• Upvote 3

Agree - cannot abide Amber or Anna.  Nasty girls and typical bullies.

TBF I don't really think Curtis has done that much wrong.  It's a fucking dating show - none of them have become 'official' yet (I reckon Tolly Mae will by the middle of next week) and Curtis has tried to be as honest as he can.

Too many childish wankers in there as usual. 

• Upvote 2