Elden Ring - E3 2021 Trailer in First Post

Broker

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Nice typo in the first line of the second paragraph. Wasn’t this supposed to be written by the Game of Thrones author? Maybe they should have run a spell check before posting.

Other than that, it sounds cool!

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Nice typo in the first line of the second paragraph. Wasn’t this supposed to be written by the Game of Thrones author? Maybe they should have run a spell check before posting.

Other than that, it sounds cool!

I doubt George R. R. Martin writes Namco's PR. :)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

God knows what's going on here (I suspect a form entry error or something), but Elden Ring on the PS Store seems to support PSVR and the PSVR gun-attachment?

(NL screen cause I can't grab an EN one for reasons.)

afbeelding.thumb.png.09735114a730b55e6455f21ee15dbac6.png

https://store.playstation.com/en-uk/concept/10000333/

Look at the huge targeting reticle in the picture. Of course it's gonna support the gun attachment!

• 3 weeks later...

Eurogamer on Legacy Dungeons:

It sounds like these dungeons feature smaller scale bosses and treasure, but also branching out from the open Overworld are much larger multi-tiered castles and other huge dungeon areas, which are perhaps more akin to what you find in the Dark Souls series. These colossal structures, once you dive in, will slowly unfold with more intricate, multi-layered level design, granting players larger and perhaps more thematic or unique challenges to overcome. From are calling these Legacy Dungeons, and it feels like these will be the areas to approach when you want to maybe further the main quest or test your might against a bigger challenge, once you've cut your teeth on a few smaller dungeons first.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-26-elden-ring

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Now I am really excited about this. That sounds great. Almost like it's going to be lots of mini Souls worlds strung together by the open world, which is a totally different experience. 

One other thing I took from it is that it sounds like it's going to be a dead world again, so there won't be any living cities to explore. Which I've always thought I'd like to see for a change in a Souls game. But he does mention that at one point an NPC approaches you - which sounds like a first. As everyone else in Soulsbourne Universe stands or sits still until you approach them, if they aren't trying to kill you. I guess he could have been describing something that happens in a cut-scene, but I don't think he said so. 

41 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

One other thing I took from it is that it sounds like it's going to be a dead world again, 

She does that there is various wildlife around and such. Breath of the Souls!

Just did a very quick skim of the Eurogamer article and it sounds pretty great. Definitely don't want to learn any more about the game, I'll happily go into it knowing the basic overview and those few trailers we've had. The open world and more freedom in builds and playstyle is exactly what From needed to do after Sekiro, and its great they are putting more emphasis on exploration in Elden Ring. Can't wait to see what world they've come up with and explore it all. I'll probably be ducking out from here. Roll on January!

From reading it - it’s not going to be Souls. Or Bloodborne, or Sekiro, or King’s Field. It’s going to be Elden Ring. It’ll borrow the dark fantasy vibe and certain mechanics from Soulsborne, but stick it in a massively ambitious and interconnected overworld built to encourage options and opportunities for all kinds of player. Given that one of my favourite aspects of Bloodborne was how cohesive the world was, it’s definitely interesting to read… I just wonder if it’ll have the open-world problem of “I’ve exhausted every option and I’m still getting rocked by this encounter”. I had a bit of that in Sekiro - I’d make progress in various other directions whilst still getting bodied by Genichiro - but hopefully this game has better player character development :P