Elden Ring - E3 2021 Trailer in First Post

Broker

10 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

They better not kill your horse, videogame developers love killing my horse 😕

There was a recent Berserk arc with some frankly penisy monsters. They could make a whole game out of it.

Reveal hidden contents

DDDkZl2UwAUMtMZ.jpg:large

4lUUJsKbFlkt2hsXlKiEHPTRnGTK5CAohJidh22Q

Spoiler

Dick Souls, obvs.

This looks amazing and I will, of course, be in day 1.

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

He's just responsible for the background lore and some world-building aspects. I don't think he's written any dialogue or cutscenes for it.

He's added the bit where you get to make love to your sister but you don't know she's your sister until later on. It's like hot coffee 2021. And it's dlc.

Here’s the full press release:

ELDEN RING will launch on January 21, 2022 for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM. The game supports the Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles as well as a Free Upgrade to PS5 for players who purchase the PS4 version.

Dive into a thrilling adventure and decide the fate of a vast world filled with intrigue and power. Fight against formidable enemies with FromSoftware’s signature melee combat and discover a wide range of inventive strategies made possible by the open-ended Action-RPG gameplay of ELDEN RING.

A new world filled with fantastic tales and lore has been woven by Hidetaka Miyazaki – creator of the influential and critically acclaimed DARK SOULS video game series; and George R.R. Martin – author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Players will embark on a journey across a meticulously handcrafted world dripping in blood and deception brought upon by a variety of characters with their own unique motivations for helping or hindering the player’s progress, adversaries with profound backgrounds, and fearsome creatures. Throughout their adventures, players will choose the fate of this cursed land by unravelling its secrets and myths.

Featuring a vast and seamless landscape with natural weather and time-of-day progression, players will become fully immersed in the world of ELDEN RING as they begin their journey and choose on their own path. Traverse on foot or horseback, alone or online with friends across grassy plains, suffocating swamps and lush forests. Ascend spiraling mountains, enter breathtaking castles, and witness other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title. 

ELDEN RING’s role-playing and customization options allow players to define their own unique playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged with a wide variety of weapons, magical abilities and skills found throughout the world; enticing players to follow previously unexplored progression paths.

ELDEN RING gives players the opportunity to chart their own path through its world. Choose to run headlong into fierce battles against daunting foes or take advantage of the game’s stealth and combat systems to gain the upper hand. It is up to the player to decide how to handle the many challenges that lay before them.

“With ELDEN RING, we have applied all our dark fantasy and action-RPG expertise cultivated throughout the Dark Souls series, in order to create a bold, classical evolution of the genre,” commented Hidetaka Miyazaki, Director at FromSoftware, “We’ve crafted a rich world with a staggering sense of scale, based off of legends written for the game by George R. R. Martin. ELDEN RING is a world full of mystery and peril, ready to be explored and discovered; a drama in which various characters flaunt their own mystique and ulterior motives. We sincerely hope you enjoy experiencing it for yourself.”

“I am very happy and excited to announce the release date of ELDEN RING, a new game created by Mr. Miyazaki and Mr. George R.R. Martin, two creators that I truly admire and have a passionate fan base around the world. I am very happy and excited to be able to tell you about it.”  Added Yasuo Miyakawa, President & CEO, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. “We will continue to develop ELDEN RING not only as a game but also in a variety of other areas in order to deliver the worldview and charm of this title to our fans around the world. We look forward to your continued support.”

It looks a bit cross gen, but their monster / creature / world design is so excellent.  Hype get!  Don't really want to know anything else.  I was hoping for more of a thematic departure (like Bloodborne was) but ultimate it looks a bit like a mashup of Souls x Blooborne x Sekiro with a side order of Zelda/Shadow of the Colossus.  BRING IT.

Nobody makes adventures like these guys.  That first playthrough is going to be so great. 

7 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

ELDEN RING will launch on January 21, 2022 for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM. The game supports the Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles as well as a Free Upgrade to PS5 for players who purchase the PS4 version.

Dive into a thrilling adventure and decide the fate of a vast world filled with intrigue and power. Fight against formidable enemies with FromSoftware’s signature melee combat and discover a wide range of inventive strategies made possible by the open-ended Action-RPG gameplay of ELDEN RING.

A new world filled with fantastic tales and lore has been woven by Hidetaka Miyazaki – creator of the influential and critically acclaimed DARK SOULS video game series; and George R.R. Martin – author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Players will embark on a journey across a meticulously handcrafted world dripping in blood and deception brought upon by a variety of characters with their own unique motivations for helping or hindering the player’s progress, adversaries with profound backgrounds, and fearsome creatures. Throughout their adventures, players will choose the fate of this cursed land by unravelling its secrets and myths.

Featuring a vast and seamless landscape with natural weather and time-of-day progression, players will become fully immersed in the world of ELDEN RING as they begin their journey and choose on their own path. Traverse on foot or horseback, alone or online with friends across grassy plains, suffocating swamps and lush forests. Ascend spiraling mountains, enter breathtaking castles, and witness other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title. 

ELDEN RING’s role-playing and customization options allow players to define their own unique playstyle. Experimentation is encouraged with a wide variety of weapons, magical abilities and skills found throughout the world; enticing players to follow previously unexplored progression paths.

ELDEN RING gives players the opportunity to chart their own path through its world. Choose to run headlong into fierce battles against daunting foes or take advantage of the game’s stealth and combat systems to gain the upper hand. It is up to the player to decide how to handle the many challenges that lay before them.

“With ELDEN RING, we have applied all our dark fantasy and action-RPG expertise cultivated throughout the Dark Souls series, in order to create a bold, classical evolution of the genre,” commented Hidetaka Miyazaki, Director at FromSoftware, “We’ve crafted a rich world with a staggering sense of scale, based off of legends written for the game by George R. R. Martin. ELDEN RING is a world full of mystery and peril, ready to be explored and discovered; a drama in which various characters flaunt their own mystique and ulterior motives. We sincerely hope you enjoy experiencing it for yourself.”

“I am very happy and excited to announce the release date of ELDEN RING, a new game created by Mr. Miyazaki and Mr. George R.R. Martin, two creators that I truly admire and have a passionate fan base around the world. I am very happy and excited to be able to tell you about it.”  Added Yasuo Miyakawa, President & CEO, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. “We will continue to develop ELDEN RING not only as a game but also in a variety of other areas in order to deliver the worldview and charm of this title to our fans around the world. We look forward to your continued support.”

image.png.dabe36f4eeeb1aebcd502360179657e6.png

This is gonna be absolutely massive. The hype surrounding it is pretty crazy. If Dark Souls 3 can sell over 10 million (!) copies, this will probably eclipse that with ease. It still amazes me how From went from niche developer to one of the biggest and most acclaimed names in gaming in two generations.

26 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I bet they still try and flog a PS5 branded disc at £10+ over the PS4 disc

So instead of mining that sweet Berserk vein, they've got GRRM to write a few short stories to freely adapt instead.

Sounds good. For all parties involved.

3 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

This is gonna be absolutely massive. The hype surrounding it is pretty crazy. If Dark Souls 3 can sell over 10 million (!) copies, this will probably eclipse that with ease. It still amazes me how From went from niche developer to one of the biggest and most acclaimed names in gaming in two generations.

Yeah, and without any easy modes 🎻

Just remembered that absolute fucking melt that stumbled through Dark Souls going 'THIS IS BAD DESIIIIIIIGGGGGNNNNNN' until he followed the basic advice he'd been given many many times. 

I hope the stealth system is a bit more robust than it was in Sekiro. Being able to properly stealth around an open world of this scope, scale and imagination would get into dream game territory.

Combat looks more aggressive than Souls which is a big plus for me. Bit more getting the fuck into some faces rather than tip-toeing around with your shield up. Bit more Bloodborne, basically. 

Just now, Jolly said:

Combat looks more aggressive than Souls which is a big plus for me. Bit more getting the fuck into some faces rather than tip-toeing around with your shield up. Bit more Bloodborne, basically. 

You've just described Dark Souls III

31 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

So instead of mining that sweet Berserk vein, they've got GRRM to write a few short stories to freely adapt instead.

Sounds good. For all parties involved.

I dunno, I saw some pretty Berserky-lookin’ ass MF’s in that trailer there man.

8 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I dunno, I saw some pretty Berserky-lookin’ ass MF’s in that trailer there man.

I meant text-only of course. ;)

42 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Just remembered that absolute fucking melt that stumbled through Dark Souls going 'THIS IS BAD DESIIIIIIIGGGGGNNNNNN' until he followed the basic advice he'd been given many many times. 

tbh honest on rllmuk, that could be any thread on any game. 

3 hours ago, englishbob said:

I bet they still try and flog a PS5 branded disc at £10+ over the PS4 disc

Honestly, if this is even a whiff over the xbox series version price, I am just buying it on that.

15 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Box art?

Elden%20Ring%20PS4.jpg

I mean, it's event he same font as Dark Souls, jesus. 

Could literally be the cover of Souls 4. 

Just now, robdood said:

I mean, it's event he same font as Dark Souls, jesus. 

Could literally be the cover of Souls 4. 

I'd guess the marketing team are probably worried to shit it isn't called Dark Souls 4, so they are gonna make it look like that in everything but the name, I suppose.

Yeah, I guess this is more of a publisher thing. Marketing/sales will have probably battled Fromsoftware to make the 'protagonist' larger, looking at you directly, with weapons drawn. What we see is probably the compromise.

[edit] Actually, I'm more anxious that there isn't PS5 box art. Does this mean there will only be a PS4 version with a PS5 update?