FromSoftware + George R.R. Martin: E3 reveal incoming?

Vemsie

George posted on his blog yesterday that he worked with a Japanese game maker, which is line with earlier rumours that Martin contributed to a new title from FromSoftware.

And then there is this:

It should be noted that Ty Franck,  co-creator of The Expanse, also worked with From.
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/dark-souls/262012/author-ty-franck-reveals-hes-working-with-from-software-on-a-mysterious-project
Could it be for the same game?

Pretty exciting nonetheless, roll on E3.

15 minutes ago, Sun Tze said:

Didn't he cooperate with From on DS2? I thought that entire game paid homage to this 'highly acclaimed show' tone/fashion wise. Even some of the locations names sounded interchangeable. 

Don't think so

37 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Hopefully Martin was hired to fetch biscuits and nothing else. Miyazaki doesn't need lore or story help. His work is peerless on that score.

Yeah, Miyazaki is brill at that but I can imagine him getting some quality writing help as he's also running the company and (co) directing multiple games.

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Yeah, Miyazaki is brill at that but I can imagine him getting some quality writing help as he's also running the company and (co) directing multiple games.

I'd hope that wasn't Martin - not much of a writer, however successful his world-building has been. I imagine he'd be a decent one-stop shop for research help though, which is a huge time saver.

I imagine Martin's notes were stuff like "have you considered introducing about a hundred new characters two thirds of the way through?" "Worldbuilding tip: don't call chickens 'chickens', call them 'capons' to create an air of the exotic" and "if you get stuck, jack the whole thing in for a decade and write loads of prequels no-one wants".

The Norse stuff is bullshit according to a trusted source on Era, who added.

Best to not divulge anything further as Fromsoftware is very, very excited about this title. Would be in poor taste to spoil it, the reveal is close enough.

This game is the pinnacle of Fromsoftware level of quality, Sekiro is just a taste of what's to come.