rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

This is releasing on the 31st of March. Looks incredible, only worry I have is that it will be too scary for me to play.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Herbalizer said:

Cheers for the repsonses guys.  Beat Sabre it is. 

SABER!! :mad:

Prepare to sweat profusely, and for your arms to fall off. ;)

5 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

Is that my punishment for making a spelling mistake? :o

:lol:

After going VR gaming last week I'm looking at getting a VR headset, think I have decide on getting a Quest with the Link cable rather than a Rift S but it seems everywhere is out of stock. Is it worth getting the 128gb over the 64gb, especially if I am planning on getting the Link cable?

16 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

After going VR gaming last week I'm looking at getting a VR headset, think I have decide on getting a Quest with the Link cable rather than a Rift S but it seems everywhere is out of stock. Is it worth getting the 128gb over the 64gb, especially if I am planning on getting the Link cable?

Only lunatics get the 128gb version tbh.  (or those desperate due to stock shortages...!)

31 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

I got a 64gb one on Sunday from the PC World ebay store. Maybe look on there.

3 hours ago, robdood said:

Only lunatics get the 128gb version tbh.  (or those desperate due to stock shortages...!)

This is true. And I am a lunatic. 

My 128gb is nearly full though. 

Also, might be selling it as Im not working, struggling and need cash. (See mental health thread)

• Empathy 1

Hey Quest bros, has anyone play Keep Talking on Quest and used TV casting? Does it do anything smart like the PS4/PC versions?

I kinda love when alarms etc go off and the sound scares EVERYONE, not just the person in the headset!

Man I fucking LOVE Pistol Whip in Dual Wield mode on hard. Can only play it in very short bursts because it is a proper knackering workout, but man its such a fucking buzz. You properly feel like you're in a hong kong action movie.

Its really difficult too, which I like. 

The other thing I really love is the social aspect of Quest. It goes everywhere with me now. Never leaves my bag. 

Yesterday I had lunch with friends in Soho then after we went to Soho Square to have a VR session on Table Tennis and Pistol Whip. 

Rather than feeling geeky and self conscious people are really getting into the fun of it now. Had passers by walking up wanting to try it out (Corona heaven). 

I even got the number of a girl from the Women's march after letting her play some Beat Sabre 

Rather than the worries that it was anti social it's a bloody great social device. 

• Upvote 2

Just taken the plunge and ordered a set of prescription lenses for my Quest! No more guard or fear of smearing my lenses with crud from my brow as I move about. Proper 20/20 vision to look around in VR. Can't wait. Sort of putting me off playing it in the meantime :lol:

Really impressed by the tracking on the Quest, I didn't realise stuff like this was possible. Are multiplayer connections headset to headset without a router or whatever?

• Upvote 2

Not sure it anyone here puts any footage of them playing Quest games online, but if you do you might be interested in this. The LIV mixed reality software is now available in Beta for the Quest. It's got pretty low PC requirements with a few cameras supported including any iOS device with an A12 processor, or an xbone Kinect camera.

https://uploadvr.com/liv-mixed-reality-now-has-beta-support-for-oculus-quest/

• Upvote 2

I've been using some prescription lenses for it now for several days.. guys if you have glasses these things are a must! The weight, press and smearing lenses is a thing of the past! I now have perfect vision and can move around environments freely. Bop along to music or jump like crazy in the gym without any of the fear of damaging stuff inside. If you have glasses you NEED lenses, a must.

Where did you get them? I like the sound of that :)

Brill, I shall see if I can find my prescription and get some. Ta!

Moss is currently 25% off (17.99). It’s one of the best games on the system so worth picking up if you haven’t already got it.

• Upvote 1

Hope you don't mind me asking these questions here. I have just received an Oculus Quest, my first foray into VR, specifically to play Beat Saber. Would you advise I buy the game on the Oculus store, or on Steam? I want to be able to play custom songs but do plan to buy Green Day and Panic! At The Disco packs at some point. 

I also want to play Half-Life Alyx which I can't see on Oculus Store. I assume I need to use Oculus Link for that. Do I need to keep the Quest connected to the PC all the while I am playing the game, or is it just for installing and then I can disconnect?

You will want to buy Beat Saber on the Oculus store, and specifically the Oculus Quest store as I'm assuming that you will want to play it untethered (I don't think it's cross buy). You'll have to then mess around a bit with sideloading to get custom songs running.

Any PCVR game that you buy (So anything from the SteamVR store) will require you to be linked to the PC in some way (either via Oculus Link or Virtual desktop). Those games are running on the PC and are just sending the image data to the Oculus Quest. The only games that run natively on the Quest are those that you buy from the Oculus Quest Store (or sideload through SideQuest). You can't just stick any old PC game on there as, 1) they aren't the APK file the android OS running on Quest requires and 2) the Quest has nowhere near the required grunt to run them.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks, bought on the Oculus store and just had a great 30 minutes while on my working from home lunch break.

My Quest has been sat in a draw for six months - but man I am happy to have it in these isolated times!!

HL: Alyx maybe my favourite ever game (piping HL 2), and just bought Moss and Vacation Simulator for my kids... totally marvellous.

Such an all-round wonderful box of magic.

• Upvote 4