rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
bradigor

Puyo Puyo Champions - May 7th

puyotitle.png.b1232f56b140d1377d9ce9a3621aefd8.png

Looking forward to this as a distraction to Tetris 99. 

http://puyo.sega.com/champions/

Puyo Puyo Champions
Calls Out To All Competitors On May 7, 2019

Join the Thrilling Puzzle Party at an Outstanding Price

puyo1.jpg.daf7cce19aab03dda0060895d861a650.jpg

IRVINE, Calif. - April 23, 2019 - Puyo Puyo Champions (released in Asia as Puyo Puyo eSports) is coming to the PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, Nintendo Switch™, and Steam® for PC on May 7, 2019 - just two weeks from now - for only $9.99! Whether you're looking to sharpen your skills or want to see what all the excitement is about, the latest entry in the colorful puzzle series lets you partake in the popping sensation that is Puyo Puyo at a very affordable price. 

With 24 lovable characters to choose from and new features designed to make the game accessible to players of all skill levels, there's even more reasons to give Puyo Puyo a try! Be sure to watch the announcement trailer.

Puyo Puyo Champions Features:

The Preferred Way to Play--With a strong focus on global online competitive multiplayer, Puyo Puyo Champions is based on the fan-favorite rulesets of Puyo Puyo 2 (Tsu) and Puyo Puyo Fever. This includes the popular "Fever Mode" where you crush your opponents with ready-made chains!

Tournament Mode--Duke it out for bragging rights in the brand-new, eight-player Tournament mode that lets you scratch that competitive itch locally with friends and family.

puyo2.jpg.6f1fa86729efd8ea6a0e1fa69dacaec3.jpg

puyo3.jpg.bd847c9104a13ac0347d622e3817106e.jpgpuyo4.jpg.345ed1e5ce6092500717f278db3ee895.jpg

Improved Replay System--Pull off a devastating chain combo? Alongside auto-saved replays, Battle History provides a visual timeline of the biggest moments of a game with timestamps, so you never have to worry about missing a thing.

Dual Audio--Players have the option to enjoy Puyo Puyo Champions with the original Japanese voice acting and either English, French, German, or Spanish text.

These fantastic features along with the improved HD visuals makes Puyo Puyo Champions an incredible value you can't miss out on! Find out by more by checking out the announcement trailer and by visiting the official website at http://puyo.sega.com/champions/.

• Upvote 1

I'd say you're wrong, but I respect your opinion. They're different enough to be hard comparison though.

I think I don't like it as much because I can't visualise how the Puyos are going to fall.

7 minutes ago, Jonster said:

I'd say you're wrong, but I respect your opinion. They're different enough to be hard comparison though.

I think I don't like it as much because I can't visualise how the Puyos are going to fall.

My issue with Puyo, is that I can never be competitive, because my brain simply cannot fathom the patterns for combos, like I can picture the way Tetris works. I can do enough to get through, but always fall short against anyone half decent. 

Both are great compliments to each other though, as evidenced by PPT. 

It has fever mode, and if you're playing randoms you know you're going to get Puyo vs Puyo matches instead of your opponent potentially choosing Tetris.

23 minutes ago, Jonster said:

It has fever mode, and if you're playing randoms you know you're going to get Puyo vs Puyo matches instead of your opponent potentially choosing Tetris.

This. I'd buy this for Puyo vs Puyo and (take note here SEGA and The Tetris Company) I'd buy a standalone Tetris game that is basically cut from PPT as well. 

10 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

What's the benefit of this if you already own Puyo Tetris? "Extra characters" is not a valid answer.

It has the Puyo Puyo 2 rule set (and Fever's ruleset).

Only problem is the original Puyo and Puyo 2 are getting SEGA AGES releases, and will be online, too.

I'll buy all of them, obviously.

11 hours ago, Camel said:

I've never taken PPT online. Can you not limit your games to just Puyo then?

Online, in Versus, you choose Puyo or Tetris on the character select screen. So because there’s no selection before searching there’s no filter for it. That said everyone gets a title depending on their rank and the balance between Puyo and Tetris played (ie mostly Puyo, mostly Tetris, or fairly even) so you get an idea what your opponent will pick before the match starts.

On 24/04/2019 at 09:45, Jonster said:

It has fever mode

On 24/04/2019 at 18:20, NEG said:

It has the Puyo Puyo 2 rule set (and Fever's ruleset).

Still don't understand why this means anyone should care about this as opposed to PPT. Why are these things important?

Guaranteeing Puyo vs Puyo matches is a great shout though.

Tbh I don’t care about Fever mode, I was just listing something it has that PPT doesn’t.

If Tetris doesn’t interest you it’s cheaper than PPT, in case you don’t already own that. Speaking generally here btw, not specifically to you.

Personally I’ve used PPE when I wanted to play Puyo, if I go on PPT the temptation to just play Tetris is too strong.

• Upvote 1

Yup, and it even carried over my progress from Puyo Puyo ESports. Well all my losses! But I finally got a win online and did a 9 chain while doing so. Finally starting to get my head round Puyoing.

I’m also triple dipping for this price so will have it on PS4 and PC as well. 

• Upvote 2

I am ruddy awful at Puyo still. But, what the hell, I am in. 

Gotta learn to chain properly. I really struggle telling the blues and purples apart though. 

http://puyo.guide

https://puyonexus.com/wiki/How_to_Play_Puyo_Puyo

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOZoV2nQ_k1A1msj_EBrBIYpqKmBjIwDZ

The first one I’ve found better recently as it’s been a bit more focused and has advice on when to move on. The second one was pretty much recommended reading but hard to take in in one go, split it into sections. The third one is good if you like videos.

I’d highly recommend getting PuyoSim as well, on both Android and iPhone. The pieces don’t fall so you can really think about where to place the piece when practicing. iPuyolator for iPhone (not sure about Android for this one, sorry) is also really good for just drawing setups without worrying about random pieces.

GTR is an amazing tool but don’t be too reliant on it, and don’t rush to learning it. I learnt it too early and don’t know what to do now if I can’t set it up!

• Upvote 3