rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

I wonder if the original headline was something like "Sony Unveils... etc ...on June 4", which is a rumour that's going around right now.

As always, it's amazing these nothing sites aren't the first to get the real inside leaks.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Found it:

Needs more ventilation for 8K.

Just now, Ghosty said:

Needs more ventilation for 8K.

another slot for toast?

1 minute ago, footle said:

another slot for toast?

Reminds me of a PC thin client.

Have console designs ever leaked? I can not remember one example, but that's probably me being forgetful.

Still, these things are generally kept secret, there's a 99% chance every reveal and design you see now that's not directly posted by SCEE is a fake. In fact, make that 100%. I sincerely doubt any gaming/tech website would choose Sony being angry at them in exchange for 1 day of increased traffic by unveiling the official design.

48 minutes ago, df0 said:

Have console designs ever leaked? 

The hideous final revision of the PS3 which had a grooved sliding disc tray leaked, iirc.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Have console designs ever leaked? I can not remember one example, but that's probably me being forgetful.

Still, these things are generally kept secret, there's a 99% chance every reveal and design you see now that's not directly posted by SCEE is a fake. In fact, make that 100%. I sincerely doubt any gaming/tech website would choose Sony being angry at them in exchange for 1 day of increased traffic by unveiling the official design.

I feel like the 360 design leaked?

Unless Sony are cooling it with liquid nitrogen then it’s not going to be in a small slim case like that :lol:

Liquid Nitrogen cooling confirmed for PS5!

• Upvote 3

The original PlayStation and Saturn had “leaks” back in early edge magazines which had artists impressions - the Saturn one was pretty close in the end. I miss those days. A monthly drop of news and information. Then edge issue 11. I still remember buying it on the way home form work experience as a 15 year old and pouring over the actual real PlayStation images all night. Good times!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bangaio said:

The original PlayStation and Saturn had “leaks” back in early edge magazines which had artists impressions - the Saturn one was pretty close in the end. I miss those days. A monthly drop of news and information. Then edge issue 11. I still remember buying it on the way home form work experience as a 15 year old and pouring over the actual real PlayStation images all night. Good times!

I did Edge 5, the issue with the leak as an episode recently so I've got the pics handy.

72761651_5FakeSaturn.thumb.jpg.f8cbd6081ba05b1e5915d45eb84eccce.jpg

Saturn.  Not bad.

1707537819_5PSXRender.thumb.jpg.c0b004dc425e59b0127e8f7fca8c8572.jpg

Playstation - No.

Although they got one detail horribly wrong, the Saturn's price.

1008198498_5SaturnPrice.jpg.d45221ef6cff985488fee4e43a2658e9.jpg

• Upvote 1

that saturn looks a lot like the neogeo CD... and the Sony one is clearly a DiscMan.

• Upvote 2

The PS4 Slim leaked too. Like the PS3 Slim it was shipping out to stores in Europe and someone was able to just buy one weeks early. Seems to be much more common for hardware revisions than entirely new consoles for obvious reasons.

For new machines it’s usually been mock ups based on important parts of the design right? Aside from the 360, the closest we’ve had to an image of a finished new machine was the one-piece PSP design study with the positions for the buttons marked out.

Can't wait for the Unreal Engine, Dolby Digital, and Bink Video versions.

• Upvote 1

Unsurprisingly, Sega already have one of these. It was used for the Sonic film:

• Upvote 4

It does feel a bit like when your food is taking ages and the restaurant sends out another basket of bread or a round of drinks. 

• Upvote 7

I can't imagine where they came up with the same PS Studios from.

image.thumb.png.fcf1a80b21033256fc851e93496c1b12.png

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

This is surely the correct video.

How come Knack isn't in there? 

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I can't imagine where they came up with the same PS Studios from.

They’ve been called SCA or SIE Worldwide Studios for like 15 years. Making it PlayStation just makes it easier to market the strength of their first party than anything with “SIE” in the name.