PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

19 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Anyone know how to access the Collection of games that are free with PS+ on PS5? I don't mean the monthly game but the pretty decent selection that has GoW, Batman, Days Gone etc? 

Under the subscription tab in the store I think it was.

5 hours ago, deKay said:

I had to add them to my library via the website. One at a time.

They didn't show up on the PS5 at all until then.

There are 4 tabs in the game library section of the UI, the third tab is for  PlayStation Plus and has a link to the PlayStation Plus Collection and the monthly games

12 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

There are 4 tabs in the game library section of the UI, the third tab is for  PlayStation Plus and has a link to the PlayStation Plus Collection and the monthly games

Yeah, that link wasn't there at the time.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think we're suggesting that you're mistaken or were looking in the wrong place. Which would be easily done, as the UI is inconsistent.

It may have been somewhere else originally, but wasn’t there at some point. And it’s not just me as people were unable to find it before I even had a PS5.

A number of bits of the shop have moved, or disappeared and reappeared, over the last few weeks. It’s a shambles.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

It may have been somewhere else originally, but wasn’t there at some point. And it’s not just me as people were unable to find it before I even had a PS5.

A number of bits of the shop have moved, or disappeared and reappeared, over the last few weeks. It’s a shambles.

I could definitely add them all on the opening weekend of PS5, but I can’t remember whether the collection had a dedicated tab back then or if it was hidden somewhere in the menus. 

Anyone else have a loose right trigger?

Noticed it when playing Watch Dogs. Suddenly the right trigger felt like it snapped and then the gun wouldn't feel right when I fired. Then after a few seconds it felt normal but the trigger feels like there's no resistance for the first 20% of movement.

It still works fine just doesn't feel quite right. To the point where shaking the controller will make that trigger flop about. 

Had another MM crash last night, first the controller went crazy, then I died and the PS5 froze, it was funny because the heartbeat rumble was stuck on loop. Like most with MM crashes. No amount of holding the power button would reset the console. In the end I disconnected the power and did the db rebuild dance.

Nothing new here, this sounds like the same issue everyone has had with MM.

Still loving my PS5 the speed at witch I can switch between PS4 and PS5 games is truly magical especially considering all my PS4 games are sat on an external drive. 

Playing MM has been fantastic despite the odd crash (2 or 3 so far @ 46% complete)

The RT 60 mode is truly living the dream on what is a spectacular looking game.

On 28/12/2020 at 18:51, keptbybees said:

They should be in your Game Library and there will be PS Plus tab with them in

22 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Under the subscription tab in the store I think it was.

Cheers, guys. Thought I'd give Days Gone a try while it's free. Seems to be pretty divisive, like Marmite. Well I bloody love Marmite so bring it right on.

Decided to make Uncharted 4 from the PS Plus Collection my Christmas game and enjoying it so far. Really fast loading on the PS5 and it runs well, not sure if it actually has an upgrade though as I never played it on the PS4. It looks amazing though!

Otherwise the PS5 is still going strong, no new crashes or bugs of note and still whisper quiet all the time barring a game install or random disc spin up. Love this console.

Will get UC4 finished and then decide where to go next, I have got a huge pile of shame now thanks to the PS+ stuff, sales and gifts :sealclap:

Talking of PS5 bugs, I've had the (fully powered) controller lose connection and had to power off/on the PS5 a few times. Once even that didn't work and had to use a pin on the reset hole on the back of the pad. Am sure that will get fixed via a patch in due course.

I've completed four games so far (Desperados 3, Astro’s Playroom, The Last Campfire, Ghost of Tsushima) and the only issues I have had are game crashes. Once on Ghosts of Tsushima & twice on Desperados 3, it did not lock up my console and I loaded the game back up with no issues with my save file.

I like the PS5 pad more than the PS4 because for me it is more comfortable. I also have the official controller dock so no need to use cables for charging, I've had no issues with stick drift or any of the trigger buttons.

I agree with everything about the storefront on the console it is rubbish! I tend to use either the mobile app or website to purchase any games. I do not use the rest mode & power off the console every time. I also have no need for an external drive currently I have eight games installed on the console with 450GB still free!

TLDR after six weeks I'm still in love with the PS5 and am very happy with my purchase.

16 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've been tempted to replay UC4 or LOU2 but I keep putting it off as I feel like it's only a matter of time until they release a PS5 'boost' patch for it similar to Tsushima? Am I going to be waiting forever?

I've been holding off playing LoU2 until they bother to do something with it. No signs of that happening any time soon. 

4 hours ago, Sng said:

Anyone else have a loose right trigger?

Noticed it when playing Watch Dogs. Suddenly the right trigger felt like it snapped and then the gun wouldn't feel right when I fired. Then after a few seconds it felt normal but the trigger feels like there's no resistance for the first 20% of movement.

It still works fine just doesn't feel quite right. To the point where shaking the controller will make that trigger flop about. 

I had something that was like that. It fixed itself though after I played some other games. I put it down to a bug that left the resistance incorrectly set

13 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've been tempted to replay UC4 or LOU2 but I keep putting it off as I feel like it's only a matter of time until they release a PS5 'boost' patch for it similar to Tsushima? Am I going to be waiting forever?

This is the new "not buying a game because it will probably be on ps plus soon".

I got TLOU2 as a Christmas gift but decided it was perhaps a little heavy for Christmas gaming (hence UC4). A full boost patch would be nice but from I what hear it’s pretty amazing looking anyway isn’t it? I don’t think I’ll be waiting specifically and will get into it when I’m in the mood.

Just now, FiveFootNinja said:

I got TLOU2 as a Christmas gift but decided it was perhaps a little heavy for Christmas gaming (hence UC4). A full boost patch would be nice but from I what hear it’s pretty amazing looking anyway isn’t it? I don’t think I’ll be waiting specifically and will get into it when I’m in the mood.

Yeah if you've not played it yet, it will look amazing. One of the best looking games out there both technically and artistically.

9 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Cheers, guys. Thought I'd give Days Gone a try while it's free. Seems to be pretty divisive, like Marmite. Well I bloody love Marmite so bring it right on.

Days Gone is great, just unfortunately the character is a bit obnoxious at first and it takes a bit of time to warm up to him. Stick with it though, especially at 60 FPS. It’s genuinely stunning.