PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

Hitman, being a game about mastering a single location and playing it in multiple ways really does suit someone being given the time to do that without the temptation to just rush on.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Hitman, being a game about mastering a single location and playing it in multiple ways really does suit someone being given the time to do that without the temptation to just rush on.

There’s a lot in that.

I remember the quake 3 arena demo (please can they make another one of those..) obviously only a couple of maps but they became more comfortable to play. So much so they probably remained the most popular when the game was released.

Well the console is cheaper than I thought and the headset is more expensive. Swings and roundabouts. 

Digital only console and headset on day one if those prices are accurate. 

2 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I can’t believe they would charge 100 world dollar pounds for a UHD disk drive?

I think it's more they would be taking way more of a hit on the digital edition because they will recoup more with people being locked into digital purchases.

• Upvote 3

Yeah but I think Sony’s economy is a really good one right now with the sales. The sales have been the biggest up side of this gen for me.

I know it would be quite sometime before the ps5 games were on sale but there’s always cut price credit and I’m happy to wait till I can pay something that’s fair for a game.

If it’s a must have then I’m ok paying 60 to have it on launch 3 or 4 times a year

Hopefully they don't mess around with any proprietary wireless connection for headphones. I've got several pairs of decent Sony BT cans and I'll be fucked if I'm buying console specific ones and all.  

49 minutes ago, amc said:

Hopefully they don't mess around with any proprietary wireless connection for headphones. I've got several pairs of decent Sony BT cans and I'll be fucked if I'm buying console specific ones and all.  

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

I charge mine with a 3 metre lead I bought if they are connected to the PS4 . I also charge them via a usb plug adapter if I’m not using them .
never had any issue . 

6 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

If the stand is sold separately what are we supposed to do without it? Wedge a stroopwafel under there?

The air being vented from the thing will cause it to levitate!

• Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Would it even need one? I've never used a stand for 2, 3 or 4 and had them all vertical.

The last three consoles had a flat side, this is curved on the left and right. You can see in the press pics that the vertical stand is shaped so can also act as a wedge when the console is horizontal, a thin wedge for Digital and a fat wedge for next to the disk drive bulge on the other console.

16874479-DBAF-4D59-9353-338A41CED066.jpeg.74031988f907bd39d1da3662a7d45e5d.jpeg

F0148825-0138-4265-9FB7-F768ACAEC48E.jpeg.0115c9163fe1412f1ba65fe59d02f672.jpeg

Edit - Oh, you meant for vertical. No, but Sony do need to ship as horizontal stand and it’s looking like those are designed to do both.

400 quid for the digital edition would be a hell of a price.  Cheaper than I thought it would be,  That is mighty tempting given I was ready to get a disc version.   Only downside would be I wouldn't be able to use my Ps4 discs. I have a few but my collection is mostly digital.   60 quid for new controllers is going to hurt as we tend to get 3 or 4 in the house.  At least with the next Xbox we can use the current controllers

1 minute ago, rafaqat said:

60 quid for new controllers is going to hurt as we tend to get 3 or 4 in the house.  At least with the next Xbox we can use the current controllers

I wonder if the DS4 will still work on the new machine, without the fancy force feedback? Is there much else the new one does?

3 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Same guy predicts £450 for the Season X and £350 for Season S.

I really don’t think so though.

Edit - Oh Jesus the bit of my brain that translates “Series” to “Season” when thinking about TV shows has leaked.

IU'd be absolutely amazed if the Series X (disc edition) was £400. If this 400 quid Sony digital price is right then they've played a blinder to be able to say once again they have the cheaper console.   Hooraah for competition.  :D

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, rafaqat said:

60 quid for new controllers is going to hurt as we tend to get 3 or 4 in the house

Plus you just know the first gen controllers are going to have some weird issue like peeling rubber or dodgy sticks.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1
6 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Plus you just know the first gen controllers are going to have some weird issue like feeling rubber or dodgy sticks.

To  be honest that's why I tend to buy from amazon.  They've sorted me out on all that around launch.   My PS4 controller rubber started looking a bit rough very early on and they refunded me the equivalent to get another controller.

When the Switch JoyCon connection drops were a thing I contacted them and they refunded me the same amount a new pair would cost.

When the courier delivered a PS4 for my son and the outer box was dented and the courier legged it without letting my son know about the dented box,  I let amazon know in case the Ps4 ever had problems in the future (inner box was fine so I was just simply letting them know in case something happened months down the line), they refunded me £40.

They are absolutely amazing at customer service if you are polite and explain the problem (especially around launch time)

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

I charge mine with a 3 metre lead I bought if they are connected to the PS4 . I also charge them via a usb plug adapter if I’m not using them .
never had any issue . 

Agreed that tweets horseshit, i charged my sony golds with the same charger that my phone uses and never had any bother for 3 years.

• Upvote 1
On 29/06/2020 at 00:00, rafaqat said:

have we seen much of that though.  Like as a percentage of games on game pass/ps now, how many have done that in the time that Game Pass/PS Now has been around? 

Well if you look at Microsoft’s first party output since gamepass there has been more of a focus on multiplayer focused games, Sea of Thieves, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 etc. with a lot of content and changes being added years after release. It can be argued that those were all in development before Gamepass so its hard to say how much they were influenced by the subscription model. 

Sony seems to be the only one out of the two that are still dedicated to big AAA single player only games.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - Showcase Wednesday, September 16 at 9pm
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic