Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu @ 19:00 - Paul Ricard Dec 10

5 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I'd be interested in watching it but they used to have something like that in F1, it was shit. 

Seems like it might be more interesting to be involved in, than it would be as a viewer.

Track limits are even more ridiculous than F1.  Should be a hard and fast rule in all motorsport that the white line is the edge of the track; two wheels over that is a time deletion in practice and quali and a penalty if it's used to gain an advantage in the race, simple.

1 minute ago, SharkyOB said:

Track limits are even more ridiculous than F1.  Should be a hard and fast rule in all motorsport that the white line is the edge of the track; two wheels over that is a time deletion in practice and quali and a penalty if it's used to gain an advantage in the race, simple.

I agree.  Looks like track limits for this race are the tyre barriers and gravel traps!! :lol:

3 minutes ago, davejm said:

I agree.  Looks like track limits for this race are the tyre barriers and gravel traps!! :lol:

Why aren't the commentators laughing at this?  It's fucking ridiculous.  They might as well tarmac the entire area between the barriers and let the drivers go wild.

Edit - amazing that a driver has just had a time deleted for track limit abuse.  He must have dipped his wheels into Germany.

Weirdly, cars stayed inside the lines in the main qualifying session. Baffled.

Just had a quick scan and in the warm up session the commentary team were saying that there just aren’t enough marshals / race staff to police the whole circuit. I suppose if it’s a choice between that and no race then it’s the pragmatic solution. Doesn’t stop it looking shit though.

In the spirit of keeping the same livery style (and making everything chrome to mess with @Meers's framerate in a desperate attempt to slow him down) I present my Super Trofeo:

LamboST.thumb.jpg.965b6c5b573e6f4ca2ac1a21b156c3b6.jpg

Related - I enjoyed this article on the difference from a regular Lambo, to an ST, to a GT3:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/huracan/2020/lamborghini-huracan-gt3-evo-race-car-review/

1 hour ago, Valver said:

making everything chrome to mess with @Meers's framerate in a desperate attempt to slow him down

The joke's on you, because I've got my materials setting on mid, making all reflections look like those found in N64 games. 

It’s very tricky compared to the nice and stable Aston! I think that anyone who usually drives a mid-engined car will have the early practice advantage. It’s a good circuit for the car though, I like Misano.

Is anyone else struggling to keep the rear tyres cool or is it just my driving style?

It’s a car that’s suiting @Valver at least :)

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

It’s a car that’s suiting @Valver at least :)

Yes, this lambo ST seems to be clicking with me. Its quite mobile under braking, and full power which is fun.   I'm loving it!

Wish it had a rear view mirror/cam though. Can't see shit behind me.  

Also all that sliding is overheating my rear tyres too, is it sensible to reduce pressures I them to try and bring the temps down? Or is there a different way to get them down?

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Come back Porsche, all is forgiven. What a fucking horrid car to drive. :(

So much turbo lag, it is like driving a tractor. 

... hey, waaaiiiiiiit a minute... :mellow:

PowerQ is using the server again tomorrow.  He's doing a live hotlap challenge.  He does non-live hotlap challenges as part of his channel, so this is the first live one.  It's 16:00-19:00 UK time so the server will be flipped back to normal right after.

Screenshot_20201025-081055.thumb.png.3a0c8f9c8808553e53836efa503f5660.png

He'll be giving out the password on his stream.  Not sure if I'll be able to make it but I might be able to get down a few laps towards the end.

Just wrestled the lambo round to set a time.

But for some reason I'm more happy about the fact I did it twice. I did the *exact* same time, to the millisecond, twice within 11 laps. :)

20201024104244_1.thumb.jpg.8c6770fd088735e50cb5aff92ef7723c.jpg

Don't be fooled by her good looks. She's naaaasty.

4 hours ago, SneakyNinja said:

Just wrestled the lambo round to set a time.

But for some reason I'm more happy about the fact I did it twice. I did the *exact* same time, to the millisecond, twice within 11 laps. :)

20201024104244_1.thumb.jpg.8c6770fd088735e50cb5aff92ef7723c.jpg

Don't be fooled by her good looks. She's naaaasty.

I did a couple of laps the same too, but they weren't my best so don't count... but the results companion is listing you twice :D 

With your best sectors strung together you'd have a 1:40.269.

image.png.ef73d2053ad9f641149044f19a3c01d4.png

• scoobysi changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu @ 19:00 - Paul Ricard Dec 10