rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dan chambers

Snooker 19

Does it have John Virgo rambling endlessly to ease me to sleep?

This is a bit ragged - menus are clunky and either unresponsive or oversensitive and I've had a player float about with no legs in addition to cues and rests just passing through cushions. However in career after losing two qualifiers I won one and got a century break so I'm in love with it.

• Upvote 2

I think I'm in love too. Qualified for the 6 ball tournament last night with a nice total clearance (27). Haven't seen any weird glitches yet but have heard the announcers going fucking mental over a simple tap in to the middle pocket.

• Upvote 3

Bought this full price on the store:lol:

Im ill and my closest argos doesnt have any in stock the closest in stock is 22 miles away so thought id treat myself.

Plays nice snooker,like others had said it seams a lot harder than the other games.

I wish the online was more robust with stats a leaderboards etc. it's still great that it's limited to 20 minutes so you don't need to set aside 3 hours to play a frame.

Really enjoying this, picked up from Argos today (cheers for heads up). It seems you cannot select to play a friend in an online game sadly unless I’m missing something? Hopefully will come in a patch.

• Upvote 1

Currently 143 rank in the online tournament after a couple of wins.

The 20 second per shot is great but also annoying when u panic and miss a pot or dont take the shot at all:lol:

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, dave7g said:

How does the tournament work? It explains absolutely nothing.

You play matches, and I think whatever you win by is added to your score. I played one match, won by 17 and my score on the leaderboard was 17 so guess its that lol.

7 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

You play matches, and I think whatever you win by is added to your score. I played one match, won by 17 and my score on the leaderboard was 17 so guess its that lol.

Hmmmm, what an odd way of doing it. 

They really should have limited the number of frames you can play in a tournament. There's nothing to stop someone with no life to continuously play for two weeks without stopping for air.

22 hours ago, dave7g said:

Devs have gone silent on Reddit for over a week now. Not a good sign. 

I would not read too much into that. They are still active with posts on twitter and confirmed they are working on the next patch. Quite a few of the staff have also been at The Crucible this week doing media and also had a demo area.

• Upvote 1

On 17/04/2019 at 17:31, GamesGamesGames said:

Daft question, but is there rest/spider play with any sort of impediment to manage?

Anyone? Nowt by way of Google I can find and I'm curious.

On 15/04/2019 at 21:02, Fry Crayola said:

Snooker Nation is so bare bones in its current state, which is a shame as it plays a good game. Shoddy approach to Early Access though.

Weirdly, Snooker Nation received an update recently, changing its name to Snooker Nation 2019, adding Snooker Plus as an option, and adjusting the AI.

A patch was released yesterday with a number of fixes, mainly to the online. The 20min match time has been extended, as has the shot clock and you can now play friends at your leisure ( I.e without any time limits).

Highest break for me is 111, which I was quite pleased with and I have found it an enjoyable little game which has complimented watching some of the world championships on the telly.

• Upvote 3

Really enjoying this, highest break of 123 so far. Its a lovely relaxing game to play at the end of an evening.

5 hours ago, Shaky burn said:

A patch was released yesterday with a number of fixes, mainly to the online. The 20min match time has been extended, as has the shot clock and you can now play friends at your leisure ( I.e without any time limits).

Highest break for me is 111, which I was quite pleased with and I have found it an enjoyable little game which has complimented watching some of the world championships on the telly.

Still...

Complete nonsense that you never know what your score is in the online tournament or have any idea where you stand.

Let alone possibly know what the rules are regarding winning points or how they work, God forbid they could explain anything like that.

It is a nice relaxing game though, but ffs EXPLAIN THE FUCKING ONLINE! Jesus Christ!

Don't suppose anyone else picked this up on Switch?

I got it yesterday, but trying to play it on the bus this morning resulted in constant errors about no internet connection before I'd even selected a mode. Surely this isn't always online? I can't find anything online to suggest it needs a connection to play, or anyone else complaining about it.

I don't own the game, but have you tried putting the Switch in airplane mode?

Not an ideal solution but it might stop the interruptions (maybe),

11 minutes ago, Nequests said:

I don't own the game, but have you tried putting the Switch in airplane mode?

Not an ideal solution but it might stop the interruptions (maybe),

Yeah I'd tried that as well, but it just nags you to turn flight mode off instead.