rllmuk
joffocakes

Huge Capcom Announcement - Home Arcade

I can't help thinking it'll be half price come Black Friday/Christmas, And even though it looks awful I think I'd give it a go for Progear if it runs well.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Camel said:

I fucking LOVE how ridiculous this is. You don't get that so much in videogames these days.

I hope it flashes different colours and vibrates randomly.

And it plays arcade jingles if left plugged in by itself (put speakers into the stick). And the LED lighting runs through it whenever it vibrates!

Would be amazing. :wub:

This is ridiculous and amazing, but to get me to buy one it would have to be a reasonable size, a reasonable price, and have every Capcom arcade game ever released on it, not just sixteen of them. Well, all the ones not constrained by licensing issues anyway.

And then I'd want a Sega version of the same thing.

40 minutes ago, RJ Badman said:

I'm not comparing mini consoles to Pis as one is plug and play and one needs fannying about with.

A pandora stick is also plug and play just the same as this and has a lot more than 16 games on. You can even swap out the sticks and buttons for Sanwa ones.

Yes people can say this has legit licensed games but how many people on here have a Pi loaded with roms, a hacked PSP or an everdrive (there is even a Pi with retropie installed and an everdrive up for sale at the moment. I doubt people will just load them with games they already own if they buy one) so lets not get all holier than though.

It looks like Capcom have possibly stolen someone else's code so it's legit roms on a non legit emulator and it seems they may be expecting people to load up with roms anyway.

If it had more games on then I would be very tempted just for the novelty value but 16 is pathetic and even the ones on it are not an amazing selection.

It's amazing, I'm in love with it. Reminds me a bit of Steel Battalion with its complete apathy towards catering for the middle ground.

If the guts of the machine can do 1080p and the software / scaling side has been engineered with love the £200+ asking price seems more than fair. If it isn't quite that it's still a fuck off literal Capcom logo dual arcade stick with Ghouls n' Ghosts and Pro Gear

Edit - So after a quick scan of responses online it seems Capcom have alienated pretty much everyone with this. Not enough games and wildly overpriced for the 'mini console' fans, too much of a Pandora's Box clone for arcade connoisseurs and just too batshit an object (unusable in one player mode, too gimmicky / ugly) for everyone else..

• Upvote 2

€230 for two Sanwa equipped arcade sticks isn't so outrageous imo. But it's the ridiculous shape and the paltry selection of games that makes that I'm going to give this one a miss. 

A Switch, its arcades archives and 2 mini Hori arcade sticks is my nostalgic arcade itch largely taken care of anyway.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, spanky debrest said:

Edit - So after a quick scan of responses online it seems Capcom have alienated pretty much everyone with this. Not enough games and wildly overpriced for the 'mini console' fans, too much of a Pandora's Box clone for arcade connoisseurs and just too batshit an object (unusable in one player mode, too gimmicky / ugly) for everyone else..

So this will make an ideal unit for a retro collection... :D It'll sell badly and be worth a fortune in 10 years time.....

• Upvote 1

This thing is so gloriously stupid, I love it. It reminds me of when companies used to make terrible peripherals all the time. The RE4 chainsaw controller! 

Surely this'll be hacked within a week to allow side loading.

I love how stupid it looks. Plus it has AvP and Puzzle Fighter. Come on now.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, deerokus said:

This thing is so gloriously stupid, I love it. It reminds me of when companies used to make terrible peripherals all the time. The RE4 chainsaw controller! 

More please

UnfitIdealHousefly-small.gif

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, df0 said:

Surely this'll be hacked within a week to allow side loading.

I love how stupid it looks. Plus it has AvP and Puzzle Fighter. Come on now.

Yeah having Puzzle Fighter on it and been 2 player may actually help me sneak this past the Mrs.

Spoiler

After I have taken the roof off the house to get it in :lol:

• Upvote 1

This stick would actually be kind of neat to see at Capcom events like Pro Tour - maybe they could set them up at little kiosks for casual play. :) In my house though? Hmm...

Can we get a logo-shaped six button controller next?

I’m a bit grumpy that AvP is on this but not in the Beat ‘em Up Collection.

Never mind eh? 

I love plastic tat but this isn’t pushing my buttons (boom boom) like.

On 17/04/2019 at 06:31, MattyP said:

So this will make an ideal unit for a retro collection... :D It'll sell badly and be worth a fortune in 10 years time.....

Absolutely this. If it actually gets released, after all the FBA fandango, it's got 'mental collector's item' written all over it. 

On 17/04/2019 at 15:45, MrMorgasaurus said:

More please

UnfitIdealHousefly-small.gif

That thing actually was legitimately incredible though.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

That thing actually was legitimately incredible though.

Still have mine! I kinda want to put the ridiculous Capcom logo next to it. That would be something

7 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

I like the idea. Some great games in it but some massive misses too. Needs double the amount on there to make it an attractive prospect though. 

It’ll probably have a lot more than that on it about two days after launch.