rllmuk
Goose

Disney Plus - Disney, Marvel, Star Wars & Pixar - You name it, we go it!

Got a funny thing happening with Graviry Falls, today. I'm sometimes getting closed captions for things on the screen that have written words on them. For example, if the Msytery Shack is on the screen, "MYSTERY SHACK" will appear in a close caption on the bottom left. It's annoying. Anyone else with this issue? 

9 hours ago, Thor said:

Got a funny thing happening with Graviry Falls, today. I'm sometimes getting closed captions for things on the screen that have written words on them. For example, if the Msytery Shack is on the screen, "MYSTERY SHACK" will appear in a close caption on the bottom left. It's annoying. Anyone else with this issue? 

I get them as translations when there’s foreign or “monster” dialogue, but not that.

It appears it was only for that one episode. Anyway, have to say I wasn't really feeling Thai seconds season, but just watched the episode with Giffany. Amazing scenes! :lol:

Ooh. They’ve moved Hamilton to a streaming release, rather than the postponement till next October...

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A musical movie based on the stage show?

not sure I want a movie yet. Will quite happily watch the stage show for the fourth time!

Definitely want to give Hamilton a try as everyone says it’s so great, but every clip I’ve seen on YouTube really makes it look like one of the Simpsons episodes where they do a piss take of musicals.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

Definitely want to give Hamilton a try as everyone says it’s so great, but every clip I’ve seen on YouTube really makes it look like one of the Simpsons episodes where they do a piss take of musicals.

it's great in person, but it's a musical - a combination of acting, staging, music, and that music coming back and repeating over time. I don't know that any musical works on Youtube.

1 hour ago, footle said:

it's great in person, but it's a musical - a combination of acting, staging, music, and that music coming back and repeating over time. I don't know that any musical works on Youtube.

Oh I’m a big musicals fan. I live in Cornwall so have never had the chance to see it. When I first heard about it I watched numerous songs from it on YouTube (I guess from this same broadcast) and listened to some of the album, and I just don’t get it. But you’re right, you have to reserve judgment until you’ve watched it as a complete show. No doubt I’ll be back on here in July saying what an idiot I was.

I had played the album on repeat for two years before I saw it live the first. Also the genius page is good.

On 11/05/2020 at 13:21, Thor said:

yeah, it randomly did it for a few episodes.

So I thought I'd give it another try, and HOLY CHRIST it's impressive on the Samsung app on the other telly. It's a world away from the awful PS4 app, and the overly-dark picture the website gives.

• Upvote 1

Some new stuff has popped up in the us version maleficent mistress of evil and the princess bride :-) 

I do wonder if this will get new content loaded on quickly enough to be worth making it another regular subscription. I've seen most of the stuff I'm interested in , well within my free trial limit. Although there's a load of stuff I'm sure the little girl will love so I'm not going to cancel it now. 

But long term ... It's strongest attraction seems to be big-name blockbusters and are there enough of them to keep us interested! 

Seeing stuff like The Princess Bride being added gives me some hope though. Is that owned by Disney ? 

Princess Bride is Fox, who are part of Disney.

Anyone had their account already hacked it seems? - someone has changed email address on my account and now I can no longer log in.  Speaking to them on live chat the assistant said they seem to have loads of email address in the database with the same as the one mine was changed too but with different numbers at the end...

I had someone access my account yesterday. It's a rare event. My passwords are usually pretty good and unique. But this Disney account got busted pretty quick. 

I got an email as soon as it happened though so was on the ball. 

Watching Iron Man and by golly it's quiet.

Finished Captain Marvel earlier and haven't changed anything on my soundbar but have had to whack the volume right up to hear some of the dialogue on IM.

3 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I had someone access my account yesterday. It's a rare event. My passwords are usually pretty good and unique. But this Disney account got busted pretty quick. 

I got an email as soon as it happened though so was on the ball. 

Yeah the same as me - I gave them the email address that it seemed to have been changed to and they asked if it had any additional numbers as they had loads of records that began with it :(

I’m watching all the Marvel films. What I don’t understand is why are the subtitles (when someone isn’t speaking English) white in a cyan box?  

7 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

I’m watching all the Marvel films. What I don’t understand is why are the subtitles (when someone isn’t speaking English) white in a cyan box?  

You can change it's size, font and colours.

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

You can change it's size, font and colours.

Can you have them do unnecessary emphasis, like John Wick?  I'd watch everything with subtitles if that was the case.

• Upvote 1

Watching Iron Man 2 and, it's not as terrible as I recall but, by God did I forget Elon Musk has a cameo!

Almost as bad as that film when Gordon Ramsay cameos as himself.

/Cringe

The best thing I noticed in my current MCU run through was the amazing Pulp Fiction easter egg at the end of Winter Soldier :lol:

I binged all the films on Disney+ recently. My opinion on most was unchanged with a few exceptions: Grauniads 2 went up in my estimation, as did Ant Man (both films have a quite lovely exploration of dysfunctional family). Civil War and Endgame went down significantly. I think Infinity War still surprises just because of the audacity of its ending, but once you get into it Endgame doesn't have anything meaningful to really say about any of it and is just an expeditionary romp until we wave our goodbyes.

Spoiler

Ragnarok went up again.