Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)

This game hits so many of my nostalgia buttons, growing up in London and getting a 70p kids travelcard and just fucking around in the city center. Haven't been back since leaving in 2011 so this really is A grade virtual tourism. I've just hacked a service drone and am using it to carry me around the map, just checking shit out. Currently hovering over Victoria Station.

Port report - this makes my laptop wheeze hard! No matter what I do I can't get a stable 60fps. Medium settings, 50% render resolution... I think it's the CPU more than the GPU though so may have to lock it to 30.

One of my favourite mechanics is in this game, enemies fighting other enemies. I really botched a sneaking mission in an Albion base and was hunted down by a fucking horde of grunts and drones. I was booking it through the backyards, they were almost upon me when they ran afoul of a clan Kelley hideout. I hid behind a hedge until there were no more explosions and lived to try again.

Man alive. This is awful. Janky, messy, awful voice acting. Visuals that range between servicable and terrible.  I don't remember thinking this about 2.

That's the PC version.

i7 -9700k, 32gig ram, 2070. 1440p, DLSS set to performance and it can't hold 60 ever. The game appears to be heavily cpu bound. Even dropping from high to medium did nothing to improve the FPS on what are quite average visuals.

It has a built in benchmark that in no way shape or form reflects what you'll get in the game.

Was more the horrible lip-sync and the terrible voice acting. Lip sync and faces were always going to be sacrificed when you could play as any NPC but there's no excuses for the voice acting. Surely there must be some voice actors from London they could use instead of the horrible Dick Van Dyke accent going on there.

Yup. Lip syncing I can easily ignore but the quality of the voice acting is at "Random guy from the office" level bad. Wasn't this game delayed something like 8 months? Imagine the state it must have been in 8 months ago.

37 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Well that's pushed me into "wait till it's on sale for £15 in Asda" territory instead of "oohh shiny new next gen game" for my Series X at least

Well it's a Ubisoft game so that'll be around Christmas time. 

Also, seeing as how a copy of this comes with thousands of nvidia 3080s which have been sold (mostly to bots), do you think Ubisoft will count those towards sales of this to announce it’s their most successful entry in the franchise ever? It’s the kind of shit they’d do :lol:

Suggestion going around that the game maybe a bit fucked with 3000 series cards. Even on my 2000 series though there were some belting graphical bugs when talking with people as they appeared to have massive amounts of depth of field applied to them or were covered in some sort of wierd hazy ball.

Good job Ubisoft. Another quality product.

4 hours ago, Flub said:

That's the PC version.

i7 -9700k, 32gig ram, 2070. 1440p, DLSS set to performance and it can't hold 60 ever. The game appears to be heavily cpu bound. Even dropping from high to medium did nothing to improve the FPS on what are quite average visuals.

It has a built in benchmark that in no way shape or form reflects what you'll get in the game.

Nvidia have released updated drivers. No idea if they make much of a difference yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/jk96td/game_ready_driver_45709_faqdiscussion/

This is a weird looking game. Anyone notice the sky has a noise effect, couldn’t find an option which this would apply to.

im playing on pc. i7 7700k, 32gb Ram and 2080 ti. Getting 50fps in 1440p with everything on ultra with dlss on balanced.

Here’s an image. Don’t know if you can see the effect.

620BBCC5-E8AB-41B5-89F7-11C9BD6C702E.jpeg

Anyone know if I can sign up to UPlay+ for £12.99, play this for a month, and then cancel UPlay+ without having to pay any more for the game?

Definitely CPU bound.  I'm running a Ryzen 2700X, 32gb RAM and 3080 and it's dipping into the 50s FPS at the start of the first open world section whatever settings I push up or down.. . DLSS on/off, RTX on/off, shadows low/high etc... it doesn't really make a difference.  

1 hour ago, Zero9X said:

This is a weird looking game. Anyone notice the sky has a noise effect, couldn’t find an option which this would apply to.

im playing on pc. i7 7700k, 32gb Ram and 2080 ti. Getting 50fps in 1440p with everything on ultra with dlss on balanced.

Here’s an image. Don’t know if you can see the effect.

620BBCC5-E8AB-41B5-89F7-11C9BD6C702E.jpeg

The new Nvidia driver seems to have fixed this for me btw.

Got this free with a card and it's just not very good at all so far. I've got it cranked up to max on everything and I don't even think it looks that great in fact it just looks a bit odd/off. And the actual game is so bloody dull. Played a couple of hours and it's so uninteresting.

Also, why on earth can't I listen to those audio files outside of the menus, terrible decision? I think someone else brought this up. The character models are so so bad and whole thing feels ropey and dated to me. Not next gen at all.  :(

I just played a small section of the game to try out some different settings. 100% cpu at almost all times and my gpu barely breaking 60%. I recorded the session but the geforce experience decided not to include the performance data annoyingly.

49 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

It's wierd because it can  look really, really nice with RTX on etc but then it can also look really bloody ugly in parts as well.

Yeh, I stopped playing and watched my daughter drive a bus round London (well I say drive, smashed more like) and to be fair it does look quite nice in parts but then really jarring in others. It's very, very odd.

I'll give it more time and hopefully it'll improve somewhat. Failing that my daughter can use it to go sight seeing.

Some of the lighting looks pretty great at times but agree with others that there’s just something off about it in some way. Things are very detailed but very flat. Seems to have turned out a poor choice to give away with the 3080

Some of the animation in this is terrible- when you do that holding down A to jump across a big gap, it looks like you’re being propelled by an invisible hand as the character just hangs in the air. Presumably this action was only added at the last minute?

• gospvg changed the title to Watch Dogs Legion - Don’t let your kids play (see page 16)