rllmuk
Isaac

Super Mario Maker 2 - Out Now (Forum Course List in First Post)

8 hours ago, Marvellous Chester said:

Uploaded my very first attempt, I've lots to learn! 

7J4 CPX GNG if anyone fancies a try

Nice one! Challenging but fun. The only bit I found a bit fiddly was the jump from the fast moving platform to the column.

I liked how you put an optional star in a separate room before the boss.

• Upvote 1

Yay.  Finally got this.  Just been playing Story Mode so far.  I find the actual creation stuff a bit daunting - there *so* much you can do.  Some of the story mode levels are absolutely ingenious.  I did one this morning on the way to work, Super Mario 3 style, was all see saws in an ancient desert temple thing that I had to work my way up.  Genuine puzzle solving.  Brilliant.  Not one level is the same.

Great stuff.

• Upvote 6

A Mario Between Worlds 

P72-L9V-FYF

This was absolutely gruelling to make! It's a sort of re-imagining of one of my best levels from MM1, but apart from the central gimmick and the name, it's quite different. I expect it will be a little too long and obtuse for the general crowd, but I'm happy with it. I think I might have to take a few days off making levels now, I'm getting some unpleasant pain in my left elbow from holding the Switch too much! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GokouD said:

A Mario Between Worlds 

P72-L9V-FYF

This was absolutely gruelling to make! It's a sort of re-imagining of one of my best levels from MM1, but apart from the central gimmick and the name, it's quite different. I expect it will be a little too long and obtuse for the general crowd, but I'm happy with it. I think I might have to take a few days off making levels now, I'm getting some unpleasant pain in my left elbow from holding the Switch too much! 

Superb, again.

Had a genuine time of it working this one out the first time through.

14 hours ago, David Heath said:

Superb, again.

Had a genuine time of it working this one out the first time through.

Thanks :) I see you've already got one of your indestructible world records on it too.

• Upvote 1

I’ve made my first level..  

8D2 7G8 P9G

I really enjoyed working out a way to use the car to do stuff regular Mario can’t do... like slip through really narrow gaps.

• Upvote 1

Poison Pipe Panic

QHN-RMS-C7G

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so I've done a speedrun! It was actually quite fun to make, but I don't think I'll do another one. It's 20 seconds of the most obnoxious sensory overload I could manage, enjoy!

• Upvote 2

GokouD, it's great. A lot of fun restarting over and over to finally nail it (I'm bad at Mario).

Everytime you post a new level in here I'm firing up the game to play it - they are always quality. You should work for Nintendo or something.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

GokouD, it's great. A lot of fun restarting over and over to finally nail it (I'm bad at Mario).

Everytime you post a new level in here I'm firing up the game to play it - they are always quality. You should work for Nintendo or something.

Thanks :) I'm still waiting for them to call :P I think I really do need to take a break for a for a few days now though, I'm pretty sure I'm getting tennis elbow from holding the Switch too much!

I'd be most grateful if a couple of you could have a go at a couple of my 7 year olds courses. His style is generally speed run and hard. His maker name is 1pop and I've uploaded a couple of courses onto the forum doc. 

He'd just like a few more plays. As we all know getting plays is really tough 

One screen puzzles are the new Sunday crossword.

This one took me about five hours; four last night, then another one this morning before the last bit clicked into place.

It's a completely different kind of challenge as most of them don't require dextrous Mario skills at all. You just need to know a bit about how the items affect each other, how the enemies work, and work backwards from the goal as best as you can. And remember: nothing in the level is there unless it needs to be. It's actually incredibly relaxing just sitting down with some wine and working through the logic of each section slowly.

2C6 TYX XJF

Dp8OQRVwv-IZOwKVtHCdEvJB9raSUq4M8cEoaXih

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Foxworth said:

I'd be most grateful if a couple of you could have a go at a couple of my 7 year olds courses. His style is generally speed run and hard. His maker name is 1pop and I've uploaded a couple of courses onto the forum doc. 

He'd just like a few more plays. As we all know getting plays is really tough 

Got WR  on Razzy fun run.. first section caused me some grief with the saws :twisted: Good stuff :hat:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Got WR  on Razzy fun run.. first section caused me some grief with the saws :twisted: Good stuff :hat:

Thanks a lot. He is well impressed that you beat the clear check time. He's refined his levels to dole out punishment for all but the best super marios.

• Upvote 1

The Secret Of Cold Cold Mountain 

LPS-FNH-4BG

My first level in a while, it's more about exploration and narrative than difficult platforming.

*edit* Put the right code...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GokouD said:

LPS-FNH-4BG

My first level in a while, it's more about exploration and narrative than difficult platforming.

Great! I tend to prefer themed or narrative courses. Will give it a try this weekend.

On 23/08/2019 at 23:42, GokouD said:

LPS-FNH-4BG

That really felt like a refined Mario level from the 80s. I loved how the music complemented the exploration as you go deeper into the mountain. And all the little chain reactions - beautiful. Something I haven't explored too much yet as a creator.

Also, the large coin placement was spot on. All of them were tricky (or concealed well) but not frustrating.

Mario Is Missing

L35-B3L-TMG

Bit of a puzzle level this one, but nothing too tricky. Let me know if you manage to break it or get stuck, that's my main worry with it!

Probably my last level for a bit, Astral Chain is out Friday :P

• Upvote 2

Inspired by watching GiantBombs series on this I got the game and made a level.  It’s easy and short and simple but I made it! 

JVC-F4B-DYF

• Upvote 1

Please can I add to the mass of forum member levels... I've created my first level! It's relatively straightforward but features a few hidden bits to discover. 

Please do have a play!

VCF-99S-NFF

20190829_203045.jpg

• Upvote 2

Rainbow Rush Galaxy 2

MC5-60P-MTG

A straight up sequel to my 147K plays mega-hit, I seriously doubt it will do as well, but I had a lot of fun making it. 

• Upvote 2

Somebody please save my good level from obscurity by clearing it (I worked hard on giving it a good rhythm and it's had 8 plays, it's honestly not that hard and looking at the deaths nobody seems to have made the first checkpoint):

Poison Cliffs Climb

MYX-92R-06G

35 minutes ago, panda_t said:

Somebody please save my good level from obscurity by clearing it (I worked hard on giving it a good rhythm and it's had 8 plays, it's honestly not that hard and looking at the deaths nobody seems to have made the first checkpoint):

Poison Cliffs Climb

MYX-92R-06G

I'll give it a go when I get the chance. Same with yours, GokouD.

• Upvote 1

This is on sale now at The Game Collection for £42.95 with 12 months online subscription. I’m waiting for my purchase to be confirmed at the moment but assuming no problems that means a year of Switch online for £2.95. Difficult to justify not biting at that price. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Popo said:

This is on sale now at The Game Collection for £42.95 with 12 months online subscription. I’m waiting for my purchase to be confirmed at the moment but assuming no problems that means a year of Switch online for £2.95. Difficult to justify not biting at that price. 

Plus all that free SNES and NES content is brilliant.

16 hours ago, panda_t said:

Poison Cliffs Climb

MYX-92R-06G

This was a bit too brutal for me. I got to the first checkpoint but then struggled with the next part, but then I was getting quite tired so I will try it again later. Generally I like high clear rate courses because my skills aren't that good. I loved the purple rising water and sense of impending doom though.

You can probably see from my stats that it took me about 40 goes just to get to the first checkpoint.

18 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

This was a bit too brutal for me. I got to the first checkpoint but then struggled with the next part, but then I was getting quite tired so I will try it again later. Generally I like high clear rate courses because my skills aren't that good. I loved the purple rising water and sense of impending doom though.

You can probably see from my stats that it took me about 40 goes just to get to the first checkpoint.

It's fine, please don't feel bad about not grinding grimly on, I appreciate you even trying it. I think balancing's tough, because we all have different preferences so I tend to make stuff I'd like to play (& I played Mario World a *lot* as a teenager) but obviously that won't be for everyone. I liked your level, by the way, good job.

• Upvote 1