kiroquai

Formula One - 2019 Season

It’s an amazing doc. I did want to smash their heads together mind. Bloody minded people. I’ve watched it a few times now and the bit where Claire reads the book to Frank gets me every time. Frank on the other hand looks barely moved. 

LOVE the bit at brands with the trophy. The look on her face... 

And of course the bit where Bottas takes out Raik. 

Will we ever see them win again? I dunno, I bloody hope so.

• Upvote 2

I think the reason that Frank is yet to read the book is that it'll probably send him over the edge. And boy did Ginny put up with some bullshit from him, what a woman.

A fascinating insight into the bell end that is Mr Mansell. Though he gains a crumb of credibility for going with Frank to the hospital. Fancy binning it there in Brazil the clumsy oaf.

What it reminds me is that you are but 1 brilliant idea from being at the front of the grid. The active ride control, ground effect, they came up with most of that stuff first, or were certainly the first to be able to implement it correctly. All done on a shoestring budget. I do hope they can find something, however I fear that while there is an internal war between the family, the kind of judgment required to do something adventurous is going to get shelved. It just doesn't strike me as a particularly creative atmosphere with that bumbling along in the background.

Has Newey ever blown the lid on what it's like at that place? Patrick Head's a bellend too however he comes across of being less so in that film.

4 hours ago, mexos said:

Will we ever see them win again? I dunno, I bloody hope so.

With the current ownership? Sadly I'd be surprised, they could perhaps get up as far as the 5th quickest team but winning a race from there? Almost impossible and there are very few works engine deals around now, especially as 3 of the 4 engine manufacturers prefer to have their own team.  Williams would die before they gave up branding to the extent Sauber have for instance.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

What it reminds me is that you are but 1 brilliant idea from being at the front of the grid. The active ride control, ground effect, they came up with most of that stuff first, or were certainly the first to be able to implement it correctly. All done on a shoestring budget.

I'm not sure I'd really say shoestring budget, in the years they worked on active ride they had cigarette title sponsorship, a works engine contract and several other major backers.  You're right though although I think ever tightening rules mean there's probably very few of those ideas left that would be legal.  The last time such a thing worked was Brawn GP and their diffuser.  

7 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Wasn’t the Brawn a massively expensive car?

Paid for largely by a big Honda budget.....

I think until the engine regs get an overhaul, and a few more options are available they'll continue to struggle. I'm routing for them this year as they have at the very least got the right people in the car. Not some enormously well financed and largely useless bellend. I hope he gets found out immediately for the charlatan he is.