Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

T Pot

First game today, two level 30ish Spanish kids. They both relinquish jumpmaster until it passes to me. Then both ping hotdrop locations. Then break off, land separately hundreds of metres apart in two different hotdrop locations, and instantly die. They are talking the whole time but unfortunately I did German in school.

Second game, a level 30 and a level 500 bloke. Can't tell if they know each other. The level 500 is jumpmaster. Hotdrops. He survives for a while but is standing completely still, evidently AFK. Probably AFK farming for XP hence the level 500. The other guy is already dead by the time I've picked up a gun. I get a knock and a kill, but it's far too late. 

-50RP in 4 minutes.

Third game I made most of it back, but had to listen to some guy screaming at the absolute top of his lungs because he picked Octane, ran 300m away from his team, died with 30 damage and then wondered why we wouldn't go and collect this banner. Like... SCREAMING.

On 25/07/2021 at 10:07, Kayin Amoh said:

I get matched up with some real heroes too.

Hide contents

I don't even mind the first dumb mistake here, it's the quitting within spitting distance of several respawn beacons that gets me. 

At least he didn't call you an n-word for making him fall off the ledge.

Anyone who wants some nice art for their loading screens can now connect their EA account to Twitch and watch a streamer for 3 hours - or idle it while I'm away, like me.

It's a dumb method of unlocking them, but hey. Loading screens. Yay!

Just got matched with a low level duo who both did 0dmg, died, and then got matched with them again in the next game. One of them did 16 damage though, so that's an improvement. As a general rule of thumb I always note if either of my teammates do over 100dmg, and if their combined damage is more than mine. I haven't had a game where either of those are true in days. I have at least met a couple of nice people playing during the day in my lunchbreak. Once school is over you might as well stick your head in an unflushed toilet.

The best thing is, when you do eventually get matched with a smurf you can die instantly and watch them solo for 20 mins, because RP keeps ticking until you leave, rather than when you die. Meaning most of your big wins are just you AFKing while some Gibby aimbots half the server.

Then I got kicked out of a match during the countdown ("reservation lost" or something) and couldn't rejoin. Now I've got an abandon against my name. Weirdly it's only 7 minutes instead of the usual ten. 

I'm nearly out of gold now, having done basically nothing except watch squadmates suicide and sit in a bush while the RP goes up. Seems to be the only way to play when games are so rife with smurfs and cheaters but the average player does 0/0/0 and 0dmg.

I love it. Makes me laugh to type it out. Today I had a decent game and then had three Valks in a row who did 0 dmg, -72RP. Two of them had 0 kills on that legend. We're up against level 500 bloodhounds with 10k kills.

It kind of doesn't matter because you eventually get an aimbotting Gibby or a smurf on your squad and make the points back. You just have to suffer through in the meantime.

Yep.

First game today. Level 20 Octane. Launches instantly and points straight down. Dead in 1 second. Screaming in Italian, -24rp.

I'm basically reporting every player who does this for colluding with the enemy now, not that it does anything except make me feel 1% better. Every single loadscreen in ranked needs to break down how the points are dished out because I feel many players don't understand it. 

As I get near the top of gold I'm seeing some better players though, still a complete lack of communication (unlike lower ranks) but I get the odd useful squadmate who uses their abilities as intended or makes simple squad-positive plays like giving appropriate items to the right people. I suspect as you get further away from the hard lock at the bottom of each rank you move away from the people who can't drop down but can't progress so they throw every game as they have nothing to lose. I doubt I'll make it to the next rank before the reset as I have a stacked day on Monday. But I did get a nice boost from an Octane squadmate who did 2500dmg, 8 kills, and carried us to a win with some solid plays. The other guy was a bit useless and I was somewhere inbetween. It's the first time in hundreds of ranked games I felt like I was being carried, so that was novel and I hope to see more good players to learn from on my squad (and get that sweet easy RP!)

The revtane meta is getting a little silly though, I just had a match where four revtane squads somehow wound up fighting in the rift at the same time, it was glorious chaos but at one point I was firing at my own totem for two seconds before I realised what I was doing :lol:

First match today, level 30 Octane jumpmaster lands in the middle of a field without pinging a landing spot, runs into estates after everyone in there has tooled up and gets killed. Lifeline runs in the opposite direction and gets killed without a gun. I broke off and flew to a sensible spot but get 1v3d within a couple of minutes, -24rp. I was too busy fighting to mute them and they were both smashing their ping button constantly.

Second game, hotdrop estates, Valk 0 dmg dead in 2 seconds. Bloodhound 0 dmg dead in 3 seconds. 

Third game, missing squadmate. Everyone had the same grey skin. Really weird.

Seventh game my forward key just unbound itself for no reason before I landed. Never seen that in 1000s of hours. I didn't touch any settings beforehand. I have forward on mwheel up as a secondary, that moved to primary and W was completely unbound from all functions.

Zero progress in an hour, I had two good wins with friendly teammates before it humped me back onto the special broken servers for naughty children. I got a bloodhound called SEX_MAN who got a kill but did 3 damage :lol:

Next game, both my squadmates have never played their heroes before (or at least, they have 0 kills on tracker) and the champion squad is a stack of 500s with 10k+ kills on their heroes.

Finally after a whole load more of this, I got an absurdly easy win with two other guys around my skill level, who both communicated on mic and spoke the same language, and then I got an Apex pack with a gold item in. You really have to wonder if all the rumours about EOMM are true at times.

APEX LEGENDS: EMERGENCE PATCH NOTES

NEW CONTENT

NEW LEGEND - SEER

With microdrones and an artist's eye, Seer spots opportunities that other Legends might miss and seizes them in the most beautiful way he can. Check out his kit in action below.

Passive - Heart Seeker

Visualize and hear the heartbeats of nearby enemies when aiming down sights to get a clue to their location. Seer is able to “ADS” even while not holding a weapon.

Tactical - Focus of Attention

Summon microdrones to emit a focused, delayed blast that goes through walls, revealing enemies (and their health bars!), plus interrupting their actions.

Ultimate - Exhibit

Create a sphere of microdrones that reveal the footsteps of enemies moving quickly or firing their weapons within.

Class Passive: Recon

Scanning survey beacons reveals the next circle’s location.

MAP UPDATE

9EF8703E-480F-4E2C-8ED8-38F2B42B15E7.jpeg.6dfa207e077294aa2f64fb8c07f59de5.jpeg

After months of aggressive mining by the Harvester on World's Edge, the land is overmined, overburdened, and pushed to its limit. The earth has fractured and erupted as nature is reclaiming what’s hers. Hammond is scrambling to contain the damage they’ve caused using weather-controlling machines: the Climatizer rapidly cools the surrounding area to subzero temperatures, and a Lava Siphon stabilizes the caldera. Fight for control of the always-moving gondolas in Climatizer and Lava Siphon, traverse the bubbling hot lava with caution, and show everyone what Legends are made of!

Read more on the map changes in this blog post.

NEW WEAPON - RAMPAGE

068A3ABD-FD51-400F-9FB6-82397CB83FB4.jpeg.757e40f2fc0bc43f391c28faa9f77022.jpeg

Rampart’s latest creation, the Rampage LMG, blasts onto the scene and has absolutely no chill. This high-powered heavy ammo LMG takes its time but packs one hell of a punch. The Rampage excels at mid-range combat but struggles up close with a slower fire rate. Not one for just accepting weakness, Rampart managed to modify the Rampage’s internal combustion mechanism with, what else? Thermite! Loading a thermite grenade into the Rampage’s special chamber overclocks the fire rate and lets Legends go on a, well... rampage!

RANKED ARENAS

771EE086-0ED9-4445-9CD5-24704D2E7B36.jpeg.1f63cbee19b6212e8fe5bfcf9f20f2c3.jpeg

With the launch of the Emergence update, we’re introducing Ranked Arenas! You begin your journey through Ranked Arenas in 10 placement matches where your performance will determine your initial Match Marking Rank (MMR) and your starting rank. MMR variance is wider initially, so your first 10 matches might be stomp-or-get-stomped until your MMR defines your placement.

Arenas is a head-to-head fight between two teams of three, so awarding Ranked Arenas Points is more cut-and-dry than in the 20 team Battle Royale. This means there is no entry cost and no AP for kills. Everything comes down to getting the win. 

That’s just the high level of how ranked arenas work. To learn more details on how Ranked Arenas will work check out our blog here.

QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES

Added a new badge: Win Streak. Can you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 wins in a row?

FC4A649C-0EB9-4664-A4B3-D0237AB5EC8F.jpeg.2cf32249640b63abdc9c1b923c40268b.jpeg

Added a “Hold On” response to enemy pings.

3C23EA8C-770D-43CE-A4CF-A462CE73EC3E.jpeg.694bcadbbb1be49a8273e61a20e4557b.jpeg

Added distinct sound effects to the Gold Backpack’s revive. VFX were added in the Chaos Theory update. This gives additional feedback when players are close to but not in line-of-sight of revives.

Updated the Heirloom store to give players a better view of all the items related to that item.

0F65AF7D-4DA0-4615-9A1E-48951BFD1287.png.2e19704deaee6dd35be571a01ac0c09e.png

Updated Open Pack Button to show how many packs of each type are available to open. Highlighting the button shows a complete breakdown.

5D655954-91F7-4D2C-9BC1-25A586F18753.png.b63f5fb81739d4862d6823acd3f91153.png

LEGEND META

FUSE

Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse's Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse's team.

Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.

Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.

Dev Note: Fuse continues to struggle. We identified two opportunities to help him that weren't just "give him more damage.” We believe Apex is a gun game first and foremost and therefore want to make sure we don't put too much damage into character abilities.

The first opportunity we identified was his tactical. While meant as a persistent area denial tool, it currently does not last long enough to seriously inconvenience an enemy. We doubled the duration so you can now place one at a door and be reasonably sure no one's coming through that door for a little while. While we doubled the duration, the damage per second remains the same. Please don’t stand in the fire.

Secondly, his ultimate often didn't give his team an advantage; sure, you may catch enemies within it, but the flames made it impossible for you to step inside, and you couldn't see the enemies you trapped either because the flames were in the way. We explored a few ways to deal with this but ended up going for the most straight-forward answer: you get enemy outlines as long as they stay inside the ring of fire.

HORIZON

Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.

Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values. 

Dev note: There’s no doubt the nerfs Horizon received with Legacy were necessary, but given the benefit of time and hindsight we decided we probably hit the speed of her tactical too hard. Instead of completely reverting that part of the nerf, we found a happy medium between how fast her gravity lift operated at release and how slow it was after the nerf. This one's hard to communicate with numbers, so just give her a try and tell us what you think.

REVENANT

There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.

Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.

CAUSTIC

Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.

Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.

Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.

Dev note:

Caustic is a dangerous character to buff. Push him a little too far, and he quickly takes over the meta.

Constantly fighting through gas is no fun, so we definitely want to avoid him becoming dominant once more. That said, we're now convinced the nerf that dropped his gas damage to a flat 5 damage went too far. When you can sit in gas and take a syringe or two and be fine, gas is not a scary enough deterrent. So we switched back to a scaling model. This time we decided to let the damage scale a little more slowly. Instead of going up by one every tick, we're increasing it by one every other tick. Damage is uncapped at the top here, but really that's very theoretical. Enemies will generally be dead around the time the gas reaches 11 damage per tick (unless you've been healing). The desired effect here is to make enemies feel a great urgency to leave the gas as soon as possible.

At the same time, we wanted to be mindful specifically of Caustic's impact in late game circles at the highest level. Even with Ring 6 now slowly closing over 100 seconds, we were worried about the effect that a single Caustic ult could have in the late game. We reduced its duration by 5 seconds. The ult represents Caustic's highest moment of power; his enemies have no way of countering it. 15 seconds is still a meaningful amount of time (and with the damage changes, 15s is long enough to kill someone) but it should hopefully make fighting a Caustic in the end game slightly less frustrating.

WEAPON META

SUPPLY DROP ROTATION

6CB49D47-D33C-4832-B888-5F4888B43360.jpeg.fdde802c38bc61cba9cb98d475d23e50.jpeg

This season the Prowler returns to floor loot and taking its place is the M600 Spitfire. In addition to the Spitfire this season another weapon will be joining the supply drop: the Alternator SMG. See how each weapon changes down below.

HOP UPS

Boosted Loader - Reloading near empty (but not at 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable to the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman.

To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for now.

FULLY KITTED ROTATION

CBC5DAB9-FE25-495E-B3A7-680808F85DBE.jpeg.1e2c7320af0455bba6557ee10ff0beee.jpeg

Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle

Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel

MAGAZINE ATTACHMENTS

Reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity tier.

Dev Note: Magazines are the most potent source of lootable power for most weapons and that largely comes in the form of ammo capacity. In addition to capacity, they were also offering increased reload speed. We’ve moved the reload speed buff to stocks to help increase the value of stocks and spread out our meaningful modifiers across our attachments.

STOCK ATTACHMENTS

All stocks now offer increased reload speed (instead of magazines)

Marksman Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks

Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will offer increased stability and sway reduction with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from tactical stocks)

Dev Note: Sniper stocks are an often lonely attachment left sitting on the floor waiting for a crackshot legend to come along and give them some love. Instead of reducing the spawn rates to try and clean up the loot pool we’re putting them on Marksman Rifles to make them more desirable.

L-STAR

Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons because of its unique interaction with ammo. Instead they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool-off its heat build up slightly faster.

Now take Barrels for recoil reduction

Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half

First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced 

Hipfire spread increased

Dev Note: The L-STAR has undergone a few changes in Emergence. We’ve attempted to improve the looting experience and extend the L-STAR’s power into the later phases of the game. In addition to these attachment additions the L-STAR is also seeing some VFX changes for combat readability.

LIGHT MACHINE GUNS

Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75

Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85

Dev Note: LMG spray-and-pray was feeling a little too oppressive when random headshots chunked with a 2.0 damage modifier. We’re shaving off some of that headshot firepower but adding a little back in by bringing up their limb damage. Unloading massive LMG mags to suppress your enemies should still be a valid tactic, we’re just reigning in the peaks and valleys to make it feel a bit more consistent.

PISTOLS

Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10%

Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time

Dev Note: With the removal of the Quickdraw Holster and reload speed moving from mags to stocks Pistols took a bit of a hit. We’re increasing their base handling but will keep an eye on their performance as we get into Emergence.

PROWLER BURST PDW

Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24 

Dev Note: The Prowler returns to the floor without its trusty side-kick the Select Fire hop up. But don’t sleep on it, it's still a beast.

M600 SPITFIRE

Damage increased from 18 to 19

Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values 

Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55 

Dev Note: We’ve all woken up with a cold sweat in the middle of the night from a nightmare where Rampart with two gold mag spittys chases you on the World’s Edge train tracks laughing maniacally as she shoots for eternity, right?  … right? Well for those of us that have, we’ll be able to sleep soundly for a while. The Spitfire takes its rightful place as a Supply Drop weapon this season. We’ve hit it a few times in recent patches and we still want it to be a desirable Supply Drop weapon so we’re walking back those nerfs while making it much harder to access.

ALTERNATOR

Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator

Disruptor Rounds - Increase shield damage by 40%

Disruptor Rounds can ONLY be found on Alternators from the Supply Drop

Dev Note: The Alternator joins the Spitfire in the Supply Drop with its old friend the Disruptor Rounds. The shield damage has come down since we last saw Disruptors in Season 2, but it’s still a shield shredding monster. Pack an extra bat.

30-30 REPEATER

Reload speed from stocks is increased.

Dev Note: The 30-30 can slap, but when it's not slapping it’s probably reloading. We’re buffing the 30-30’s bonus to reload speed from stocks to help alleviate one of the sharper pain points when running this heavy rifle.

EVA-8

Significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier

Base fire-rate remains unchanged

Dev Note: The EVA-8’s speed makes it a forgiving and formidable shotgun to run. It’s pulled ahead of the pack and has been seen as the clear choice for many leaving the Peacekeeper, Mastiff, and Mozambique in the dust. This change should help even the playing field between the shotguns.

Most of this sounds great, or interesting at the very least. I imagine Seer will be hopelessly overpowered and make a brilliant addition to a revtane squad, despite the changes to totem I don’t see revtane going away based on those patch notes. 

First game tonight, no fill squad.

Second game. Brusque Russian team. Stupida cunta. Stupida Cunta. You Stupida Cunta. Drop totem. Neither of them use it. Run in and die. 20ish and 30ish damage. I'm on 600 and a solitary kill when I die somehow. -2RP.

Third game. Squadmate called BALKAN. No comms whatsoever. Hotdrop fragment. 40 damage, 0 damage, I'm on 350, -12RP. I guess it's back to 100 games of dropping solo and ratting before I see anyone with a brain.

Fourth game, we're doing OK, bit of communication, an engagement begins, another squad materialises in the same area with zero footsteps and wipes everyone. I'm on 12 damage 0 kills/knocks, +28RP. 🤷‍♂️

All of Seers abilities are the loudest thing I've ever heard.

In a real turn up for the books, I got a couple of decent guys for my final game of the night. We're all over 1k damage, fights are a bit protracted but we're coming out on top. I'm healing in a corner and I watch an entire squad walk casually sprint past me making zero footstep sounds. They wipe my squad who are out in the open before they know they're there. Still, 100RP. Net gain tonight.

The footstep problems aren't universal or synced between clients (e.g. one man's "literally no footsteps at all" are another man's "incredibly loud footsteps" and vice versa) and I haven't had too many issues with audio very recently, but tonight has been a bit worrying in that regard. I'll remember to snap a video next time.

Seer is really interesting, it's pretty chaotic in the final ring when multiple Seer ults go off at once. There doesn't seem to be any way to counter his tactical, which is annoying.

I love that his tactical interrupts heals, that’s a brilliant idea. Not so impressed by the new insect themed battle pass, though the L100/110 volt skin is gorgeous. 

Just started playing again last night. Yeah the Battlepass looks pretty crap, still forked out for it though because I like having stuff to work towards and apex packs are really the main thing I'm after. Seer seems really good, they learned from Fuse to start overpowered and work their way down from there so I expect he will be top tier for a while. My main gripe with him is with every team running him there are stupid massive vision globes everywhere, overlays all over the place and so forth.

The new LMG is fun, really slow but when you land hits it absolutely shreds. Worlds Edge is a breath of fresh air and I'm not sorry to see trainyard go, although what's there instead isn't that great either. The other new areas I've seen have been fun though, like the tram areas. Everyone still seems to love dropping at fragment and with Seer in play its a big cluster, albeit quite fun.

First, second, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh games tonight all hotdrop fragment. I was jumpmaster in the third, and one of my squad broke off to hotdrop fragment. They need to turn fragment into a fucking hole in the ground and then release a game called Apexnite where you can drop into fragment over and over and stand still while firing point blank at people and missing 90% of your shots. Anyone over the age of 13 is banned.

Seer's ultimate is relatively easy to counter, you can crouchwalk up to it and kill it.

So is the only way to avoid detection by the ultimate by crouchwalking or not moving?

Moz, why don't you just stop playing ranked? You clearly hate it and waste tons of time when you could just be having fun in pubs or arena.

Accusations have come out that a small group of hackers has been attacking both Apex Legends and Titanfall as part of an absolutely gravel-brained scheme to pressure Respawn in to re-releasing a withdrawn free-to-play Titanfall game developed for the Asian market.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-07-apex-legends-savetitanfall-hack-part-of-elaborate-scheme-to-revive-cancelled-titanfall-online

3 wins today. 

So glad I got back into this. May have to put the money into the battle pass too.

Moz must have the worst luck, because aside from a couple of games, the 20 or so I've played this season I haven't had that many issues with randoms being dickheads.

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Accusations have come out that a small group of hackers has been attacking both Apex Legends and Titanfall as part of an absolutely gravel-brained scheme to pressure Respawn in to re-releasing a withdrawn free-to-play Titanfall game developed for the Asian market.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-07-apex-legends-savetitanfall-hack-part-of-elaborate-scheme-to-revive-cancelled-titanfall-online

It's fucking Nexon, who are one of the worst publishers in existence. Their cancel rate is through the roof - like that Ghost in the Shell shooter which never made it out of early access but happily ate up the money of anyone who bought founders packs or whatever else they were selling.

On 05/08/2021 at 18:27, Alan Stock said:

So is the only way to avoid detection by the ultimate by crouchwalking or not moving?

Moz, why don't you just stop playing ranked? You clearly hate it and waste tons of time when you could just be having fun in pubs or arena.

I hate all the modes. I'm totally with Moz on this one, nobody plays Apex for joy do they? Really?

So far this season my KD is about 99 to 1 in Arenas, where everyone else appears to be either AI bots or literally asleep at the mouse and 6 games of BR where I got one kill and got Seer'ed to death by 14 teams of Preds converging on me every time. 

21 hours ago, carlospie said:

I bought the new hero. Very confusing and seems it will take time to get used to.

He's not that complex I don't think? I've not found much use for his passive yet, it's supposed to let you hear heartbeats to locate other players but I've not had any situations where it's been much use.

His tactical is like bloodhound's but a lot narrower. Where with bloodhound you just need to scan in the vague direction, Seer's is a pretty tight cylinder but it is a lot better, because if you hit them it marks them, interrupts their healing, staggers them for a second, hurts them a bit and interrupts their abilities. The ult is a big sphere that marks everyone in it and shows their health bars, but if they slow down and crouch or walk it can't see them anymore.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

He's not that complex I don't think? I've not found much use for his passive yet, it's supposed to let you hear heartbeats to locate other players but I've not had any situations where it's been much use.

You don't actually hear their heartbeats, if you aim with him within 75 or so metres of another player you'll see little arrows in beside the reticule pointing towards their location. If the arrows disappear while you're aligning them, the enemy will be right in front of you.

Can also aim without a gun to produce the same effect.