rllmuk
Mr Tony

Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn Entertainment

apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg

Download

Origin | Playstation 4 | Xbox One

Rllmuk Friend List

Info

Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

A Roster of Legendary Characters
-Master a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths and abilities that are easy to pick up but challenging to truly master.

Build Your Crew
-Choose your Legend and combine their unique skills together with other players to form the ultimate crew.

Strategic Battle Royale
-Use your abilities–and your wits–to make strategic calls on the fly, adapting your crew's strengths to meet new challenges as the match evolves.

Genre-Evolving Innovation
-Experience a brand-new array of innovative features that level up the Battle Royale genre, including Respawn Beacons, Smart Comms, Intelligent Inventory and an all-new way to drop into the action with Jumpmaster deployment.

Sweet, Sweet Loot
-Drop in and loot up with a host of powerful weapons, diverse attachments and useful armor to protect you in battle. After the fight, collect a wealth of cosmetic options for personalizing your character and weapons, and unlock new ways to show off during the match.

Map

apex-legends-full-map.jpg

Trailers

• Upvote 1

On one had a Titanfall based BR would be really fun. I love the franchise and would welcome more of it. 

On the other hand... EA. 

17 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

It’s perfectly believable that EA would release a new Titanfall without bothering to tell anyone. Don’t mistake that for sarcasm either.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I haven't got a fucking clue what EAs marketing department is on with at the moment.

What's wrong with a surprise reveal?

19 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

It’s perfectly believable that EA would release a new Titanfall without bothering to tell anyone. Don’t mistake that for sarcasm either.

And right on the verge of them releasing their big AAA game where mans also pilot robot suits.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Head of Marketing at Sega circa 1994 spotted.

:lol:

It would have got a crap load of coverage from twitch/youtube streamers. followed by reviews a few days later from mainstream media.  I suppose you'd rather have a few weeks of previews and leaks first?  boring!

9 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

What's wrong with a surprise reveal?

Given how everything had gone with Battlefield and Anthem and that the BR scene is saturated to fuck it just strikes me a surprise launch isn't the best way to go about it.

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Given how everything had gone with Battlefield and Anthem and that the BR scene is saturated to fuck it just strikes me a surprise launch isn't the best way to go about it.

I wouldn’t say it’s that saturated. You basically have Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout.

It’s certainly the ‘thing’ right now, and I can see it becoming saturated in the not too distant future, but I’m loving it as a game type and welcome more iterations.

• Upvote 1

Potentially exciting as Titanfall pisses on those other games and really deserves a new lease of life. Not sure BR is the right medium for it but hey Ill give it a punt.

• Upvote 1

So will there be titans? And is it only teams or single player? I guess no one knows right now, a bit weird surely some sort of reveal and gameplay would build hype unless it’s shit of course. 

EA seem to try and put Titanfall up against their other big games. They released Titanfall 2 within half an hour of that year's Battlefield game and now this on the eve of their biggest release for the first six months of 2019. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

On one had a Titanfall based BR would be really fun. I love the franchise and would welcome more of it. 

On the other hand... EA. 

On the other, other hand.... Battle Royale. The most boring genre of all. Not exactly a great fit for anything Titanfall related.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

I wouldn’t say it’s that saturated. You basically have Fortnite, PUBG and Blackout.

It’s certainly the ‘thing’ right now, and I can see it becoming saturated in the not too distant future, but I’m loving it as a game type and welcome more iterations

But what about all the failures and also rans? H1z1, Realm Royale, Ring of Elysium, CS:GO Danger Zone, The Culling, Fear the Wolves. And that's off the top of my head without searching for each platform. Fortnite is a Minecraft anomaly because even PUBG has seen a drop off in players. It just seems a bit late to the party.

I agree with you Moose but those examples severely lack one vital ingredient: Respawn Entertainment. Titanfall 2 multiplayer is fantastic, make it like that with added BR and this could be something special.

2 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

EA seem to try and put Titanfall up against their other big games. They released Titanfall 2 within half an hour of that year's Battlefield game

And a week before that year's CoD, then scratched their heads when it gigaflopped.

Conspiracy Theory: EA wanted it to do badly so that Respawn be placed in a position where they would need to be bought to survive, like Bethesda have attempted with devs in the past.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

So will there be titans? And is it only teams or single player? I guess no one knows right now, a bit weird surely some sort of reveal and gameplay would build hype unless it’s shit of course. 

It says teams of 3 in the first post. No idea how many teams. 

I'm really interested in this, I wonder if the titans will be on a stage / timed drop. You might only get a Titan in the final circle, etc. 

I'm certainly not as interested if it's a no-Titan Titanfall game. The pilot Vs pilot mode they brought in missed the point completely for me. 

7 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Respawn almost certainly won't be making it. They're busy with a Star Wars thing (and they're a relatively small studio, don't think they are capable of making two games at once). 

They expanded to 2 team literally years ago, about the time they started making that Star Wars game in fact. The people making Titanfall are primarily the team that created and made Call of Duty world famous.

16 minutes ago, df0 said:

I agree with you Moose but those examples severely lack one vital ingredient: Respawn Entertainment. Titanfall 2 multiplayer is fantastic, make it like that with added BR and this could be something special.

Didn't help Titanfall build a large player base.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Harsin said:

And a week before that year's CoD, then scratched their heads when it gigaflopped.

Conspiracy Theory: EA wanted it to do badly so that Respawn be placed in a position where they would need to be bought to survive, like Bethesda have attempted with devs in the past.

I think that's exactly what happened. They were just the Publisher. Didn't own the IP or studio. I reckon they knew exactly what they were doing. Make TF2 flop commercially, tank the value of Respawn. Swoop in and buy the studio and IP on the cheap.

Seems a bit tinfoil hat to me, there have never been any rumours of financial trouble at Respawn, unlike developers who have come out and said a publisher tried to fuck them financially to make it easier to attempt to buy them. Slightly Mad Studios and Human Head being two high profile examples who had it done to them by EA/Bethesda, but said no and lived.

Anyway to further disprove the theory EA nobbled Titanfall 2 to buy Respawn (who famously told their last corporate overlord where to go fuck themselves so clearly would be delighted in rejoining their original corporate overlord if they felt they were being pressured into it), Kotaku reported that Nexon made a bid first and EA decided to offer a better deal, which Vince Zampella accepted.

Respawn staff have spent the past few weeks exchanging whispers about a potential sale, two sources said, although there was no concrete news until the studio informed employees about the deal in a meeting today. Earlier this week, one source with access to some of Respawn’s forthcoming plans sent us what they said was a version of the acquisition contract, which reveals that EA is paying over $400 million for the Los Angeles-based studio. According to various documents sent by that source, EA outbid the South Korean publisher Nexon, which publishes the Titanfall mobile game and had also made an offer to buy Respawn. EA had 30 days to match that offer, which they chose to do.

Respawn will also receive bonuses tied to Metacritic scores for both its upcoming Star Wars game and the unannounced Titanfall 3, according to that documentation.

And in Vince Zampella's own words, the reason he chose to go with EA over Nexon:

Zampella: We see the need for bigger resources to make bigger games that are at the right level of competitiveness. EA has great knowledge for live services stuff that we are looking at and the game industry is transitioning to that. We can learn a lot from.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/10/why-titanfall-studio-respawn-sold-to-ea/

https://kotaku.com/sources-ea-is-buying-titanfall-developer-respawn-1820131071

57 minutes ago, Minion said:

No titans, teams of three, 60 players total. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

But what about all the failures and also rans? H1z1, Realm Royale, Ring of Elysium, CS:GO Danger Zone, The Culling, Fear the Wolves. And that's off the top of my head without searching for each platform. Fortnite is a Minecraft anomaly because even PUBG has seen a drop off in players. It just seems a bit late to the party.

Cuisine Royale? That shit version in GTA online?

PUBG is actually climbing again over the last month or so.

57 minutes ago, df0 said:

That just makes it special like Titanfall 2, it doesn't encourage people to play it.

6 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

No titans, teams of three, 60 players total. 

Eww, no solo mode can fuck right off.

• Upvote 1