The Suicide Squad - James Gunn now confirmed to write and Direct - Summer 2021

7 hours ago, Timbuktu said:

Is this going to be free on Now/Sky Cinema like the Snyder Cut's in the UK?

Cinemas first. Depending on box office thresholds and a few other things, will pop up on premium VOD not too long after, then Pay TV next year.

That is assuming cinemas open as planned in May. Otherwise most distributors will skip them straight to premium VOD or sell to the highest bidder.

Technically, Zack Snyder’s Emo League was a TV movie, so bypassed normal release windows. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets special cinema screenings in the future though.

4 hours ago, SonOfSoAngry said:

So Idris is playing a character who is essentially Deadshot but totally isn’t because he has a different name?

Nah you may be shocked to hear but DC has more than one character of non Caucasian origin they can use. 

3 hours ago, cassidy said:

Nah you may be shocked to hear but DC has more than one character of non Caucasian origin they can use. 

I was referring to the role the character is playing in terms of the dynamics, of the Suicide Squad, but sure. Whatever. I accept my statement was implicitly racist and apologise.

TBH I don’t know much about Bloodsport the comic character other than there was an issue of Superman (or action comics) where he fought a different character called Bloodsport who was a white supremacist. And one of them could teleport guns.

1 hour ago, SonOfSoAngry said:

I was referring to the role the character is playing in terms of the dynamics, of the Suicide Squad, but sure. Whatever. I accept my statement was implicitly racist and apologise.

TBH I don’t know much about Bloodsport the comic character other than there was an issue of Superman (or action comics) where he fought a different character called Bloodsport who was a white supremacist. And one of them could teleport guns.

Sorry I was a bit tipsy and extra sarcastic in my response. 

16 hours ago, Flams said:

That seems to be behind YouTube's ridiculous age restriction thing.

This one appears fine 

I'll wait for the reboot.

12 hours ago, Vemsie said:

King Shark looks ace and it's cool that Sly Stallone voices him.

He looks fine, but it's weird how the CW version looks better. Maybe they'll take another pass at him.

Looks better than the first, like perhaps they dont have such an identity crisis over the movie, theyre just going full-idiot.

Also, I got an extra lol from the trailer as I watched it after the robot chicken clip above. :)

7 hours ago, probotector said:

Batman confirms she dies in the Snyder cut 

Which isn't canon. Although there is the faint possibility that DC will cave in to the dickheads calling for Snyder's return. I mean, he's already had two chances (three if we're counting the Snyder cut), so why not give him another shot at ruining DC's still nascent cinematic universe?

Also the post was responding to a tweet suggesting Harley might die in this movie, which she absolutely won’t. The Snyder cut only confirms that by the time of the bad future in the epilogue which might just be a dream Bruce is having she’s died, which realistically would likely happen after all the movies in the DCEU.

I'm getting the sense from the trailers that this is going to be close in tone to the Venture Bros. which is tremendously exciting. Something R-rated that leans heavily into enjoying how ridiculous the superhero/supervillain concept is would be amazing.