rllmuk
JohnC

Army of the Dead - Zack Snyder

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-returns-movies-zombie-pic-army-dead-1178979

Netflix are letting Zack Snyder loose on Army of the Dead. He literally says "There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one". It's a heist movie set during a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas. A group of mercenaries are gathered to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted, inside the quarantined zone. Visionary.

Sounds pretty good. I really, really loved his DOTD remake so I surmise he's a much better fit for this material than he is the DC stuff.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

How much of DOTD has to do with James Gunn writing it though? Also at what point do you weigh the bad output Vs the good? After Dawn he made 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and some of Justice League (as well as shorts and music videos etc) and while people can argue their merits, 300 is the only film I can say I enjoyed and even then I haven't seen it in years.

17 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

That sounds like a incredible goofy and fun concept.

So in Zack Snyders hands it'll be a 5 hour long ponderous thing with a complete absence of joy.

This. ""No one's ever let me completely loose," the 'Justice League' filmmaker tells The Hollywood Reporter" If he was held back on Sucker Punch Christ only knows what we're going to get.

He makes terrible movies that I find utterly fascinating. He put a giant with lobster claws in the background of a shot in 300 for no discernible reason. He's like the Rob Liefeld of cinema.

I will probably watch this as soon as it comes out.

• Upvote 3