The Boys - Amazon superhero show

6 minutes ago, Retroid said:

I don't know why but when Billy said to Hughie "Expecting a happy ending were we? I'm sorry Hughie - but it's not that kind of massage parlor" - spat cider out of my nose.

Enjoying this season!

The one-liners are flabbergastingly good in this show.

57 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

The more I think about it, the more tickled I am by

Hide contents

Black Noir hiding on that roof in the cul de sac, peeping over the edge.

Black Noir continues to be brilliantly shit

2 hours ago, Retroid said:

I don't know why but when Billy said to Hughie "Expecting a happy ending were we? I'm sorry Hughie - but it's not that kind of massage parlor" - spat cider out of my nose.

Enjoying this season!

Yeah that was a classic. How he delivered that with a straight face I don’t know.

Another gag in this ep that made me laugh out loud was when:

Spoiler

A-Train finally did his big ending scene for the 7 movie with Homelander. When Homelander walked off casually immediately after the shot, I thought it was the typical he-doesn't-give-a-shit-vibe... but then the guy spoke and it wasn't even Homelander, just a stand-in! SUCH a diss. Homelander is the greatest.

On 21/09/2020 at 13:37, ZOK said:

This was a decent episode. Very cool that Butcher’s aunt has the same extraordinary accent.

Yeah, it’s like they’re now running with it and ensuring that the accent could be a real thing. It’s excruciating and yet somehow admirable.

Gratuitous violence that is unnecessary and then amazing and necessary in EP3

Spoiler

Face off - unnecessary.

Homelander lasering the crowd like a Frank West combo weapon - necessary.

It's been like this throughout but those two juxtaposed were glaring.

Storefront is a bit on the nose but steals every scene.

Black Noir peeping :lol:

8 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Hide contents

Face off - unnecessary.

Homelander lasering the crowd like a Frank West combo weapon - necessary.

Storefront is a bit on the nose but steals every scene.

Storefront, that famous member of the seven whose super power is organising POS marketing and doing the window at John Lewis every Christmas. 

Spin-off coming. Set at America's only college for young superheroes, run by Vought.

Like the parent show, the spinoff is expected to be a very TV-MA series — described as part college show and part Hunger Games — that follows the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.

On 24/09/2020 at 17:19, Doctor Shark said:

Storefront, that famous member of the seven whose super power is organising POS marketing and doing the window at John Lewis every Christmas. 

Its a simple mistake! Could have happen to anyone...

ny8mlur7ltn51.thumb.png.d0fe89cacc4ade41028db8c624b8581a.png

On 24/09/2020 at 17:19, Doctor Shark said:

To be honest, I was always a bit shocked when I used to walk past these stores.

image.jpeg.795c21aed94e133e1a9c0a674572ea66.jpeg

I enjoyed the episode, but it doesn’t feel like anything is going to get wrapped up this season.

1 hour ago, Timbuktu said:

To be honest, I was always a bit shocked when I used to walk past these stores.

image.jpeg.795c21aed94e133e1a9c0a674572ea66.jpeg

My previous employer once sent out an internal email entitled "We've partnered with Stormfront!" which I initially thought was a surprising shift in HR policy.

The weekly format isn't doing this any favours, I don't get the impression they wrote it with a week's between episodes in mind. There are barely any self-contained arcs and the ones there are, aren't particularly engaging. Latest episode was great though, the photo album at the end :facepalm: :lol:

11 hours ago, Popo said:

Oh my god, the actor they picked to play Gaslighter - I was in hysterics, this show knows what it's doing.  :lol:

Actually, I must have been more drunk than I thought last night because...

Spoiler

...that actor doesn’t play Pyro in Xmen, he’s Iceman, d’oh! 

Not as knowing a wink at the audience as I originally thought. Still a fun episode though.