rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

https://deadline.com/2019/01/kevin-smith-jay-and-silent-bob-sequel-saban-films-1202541853/

Smiths movies seem to have been on a downward spiral, so I'm not sure this is wanted at all.

In Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, they find out Hollywood is making a movie based on them and set out to stop it.

In Jay & Silent Bob Reboot, they find out Hollywood is making a reboot of the movie based on them and set out to stop it.

Starts shooting next month.

Would have preferred Clerks 3 but I'm happy to be getting anything new in the View Askewniverse. 

• Upvote 2

It’s the Adam Sandler model without the budget, an excuse to spend time with his friends making a movie. I’m in.

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Smiths movies seem to have been on a downward spiral, so I'm not sure this is wanted at all.

In his defence (sort of...), he does seem to know he makes terrible movies. I saw Tusk at Leeds Film Festival a few years back and they had a live Skype Q+A with him afterwards where he spent the first couple of minutes apologising for the film everyone had just watched.

Just saw the video updated into the article. First time I've seen Smith for a while and he's a bit different. Presumably due to the heart attack prompting some changes.

I haven't much enjoyed what he's done for a while movie wise but he comes across as such a tidy guy I don't want him to fail. I'm really hoping he makes a really good movie again. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Azrael said:

Would have preferred Clerks 3 but I'm happy to be getting anything new in the View Askewniverse. 

Isn't that solely because one of the key players has no interest in getting the band back together for a reunion tour?

In much the same way Bill Murray has cockblocked a direct sequel to Ghostbusters for decades.

I think at this point he's clinging to anything that he thinks will keep him even mildly relevant.

• Upvote 3

I thought he stopped making them at one point because he wanted to grow as a filmmaker?, though I have not watched any of his non-View Askewniverse films as they never seemed that well received.

the problem is all his ideas for movies recently have come from shooting the shit with Mosier while stoned out of his gourd on a podcast, which makes for entertaining podcasts and shit movies. Especially when you add his and Johnny Depp's horrible offspring to the mix.

I'll watch it when it comes out but I won't be listening to Kevin Smith talking absolute shit about it for two years.

3 hours ago, mushashi said:

Isn't that solely because one of the key players has no interest in getting the band back together for a reunion tour?

In much the same way Bill Murray has cockblocked a direct sequel to Ghostbusters for decades.

Aye,  think it had been written and ready to film but Jeff Anderson (Randal) dropped out. :angry:

14 hours ago, dave7g said:

I'll watch it when it comes out but I won't be listening to Kevin Smith talking absolute shit about it for two years.

Exactly this, I always take his stuff with a pinch of salt when it comes to his movie ideas as eventually something seems to get scrapped down the line due to some underlying issue. Also in regards to this being funded by fans, wasn't he against that idea previously in general for his films?

17 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Doesn't he keep going back to these films as a reward to Mews for staying off the smack?

i remember listening to their podcast, that was a very big driver behind making Jay and silent bob strike back after Mewes stayed clean for long while and Smith decided to help get his friend some more movie money.

2 hours ago, Spiceymike said:

Exactly this, I always take his stuff with a pinch of salt when it comes to his movie ideas as eventually something seems to get scrapped down the line due to some underlying issue. Also in regards to this being funded by fans, wasn't he against that idea previously in general for his films?

When he started the crowd funding schtick I turned it off. Make the movie yourself, you're a millionaire with plenty of investor friends.

• Upvote 1

I used to be a big fan of Kevin Smith. Probably his Evenings With and podcasts more than his actual films. But then I stopped listening when he got into weed and it became the Stoned Kev Chats Absolute Shit Hour. Are his podcasts still like that?

• Upvote 1

On 28/01/2019 at 18:26, Azrael said:

Aye,  think it had been written and ready to film but Jeff Anderson (Randal) dropped out. :angry:

Rightly so, he wants to be left alone and then they fucked him around on his money for Clerks 2.

Hasn't he always been into weed?

Not until around the time they made Zak and Miri, iirc

bluntmanvchronic-poster-jaysilentbobrebo

A trailer is supposed to be coming over the weekend, but people immediately guessed who Chronic would be from the poster.

"Set" photo...

wsyl6vngt2b31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Hopefully we'll see a fair few Arrowverse faces show up.

As for Bluntman, too much to dream...?

Always quite enjoyed Jay and Silent Bob but a lot of that was a little too try hard. Willing to give it a go though.