rllmuk
mdn2

Wargroove - Medieval Advance Wars. Out Now on Switch/PC/Xbox One. £15.99

Yeah that’s well crap. And if you start a skirmish game vs AI for example, you have to finish (unless you sleep the Switch). That’s really crap. Come on Wargroove people. 

I just selected Exit from the Mission menu during a campaign mission and it allowed me to restart from the same place.

Edit: You can't create an actual save point that you can keep reloading. But I don't see that as an issue. 

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Someone here said they'd refund my £10 for Tiny Metal if Wargroove came out.... don't think I have forgotten. I just cannot remember who you are and I am too lazy to search.

It was me. But I said I would if they shadow dropped it in the direct. ;)

5 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Oh that's different and much better. The ign review implied you had to play a battle start to finish without stopping. 

Good old IGN, always offering reliable, informed criticism

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

It was me. But I said I would if they shadow dropped it in the direct. ;)

I'll let you off. 

• Upvote 1

3 Missions in. It's everything I was hoping for. Honestly, I'm struggling to say just how exactly it is what I wanted. :D

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

3 Missions in. It's everything I was hoping for. Honestly, I'm struggling to say just how exactly it is what I wanted. :D

I told you to relax ;)

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Saving works the same as Advance Wars then.

No the 'save' is deleted when you load up again; AW you could mess up and then reload your previous save.

27 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

I told you to relax ;)

I know, I know.

I don't like that you can't merge two faced units into one healthy one, though. That's going to take some getting used to. 

40 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

No the 'save' is deleted when you load up again; AW you could mess up and then reload your previous save.

You could? Surely that ruins the game? I don’t remember that at all.

This does such a good job of letting you go at the game your way, but making it clear where you fucked up too. On mission 4

Spoiler

I now know I should bring out an extra wagon and sit it with my commander rather than bring one to her once I have saved all the villagers. Because I got murdered with ease on the last turn I think. 

1 minute ago, the_debaser said:

Is it as good as advance wars?

Too early to say so far. It's definitely the closest a game has ever got. 

11 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Nintendo shop not letting me buy this.  Bah.

Me neither, thought it was just me and have been restarting routers and everything!

12 minutes ago, keineboom said:

Me neither, thought it was just me and have been restarting routers and everything!

I just tried via the website and got the same error.  

It is absolutely the closest thing to Advance Wars, with lovely, clear graphics and some clever additions (e.g. the critical hits).

As a strategy game novice, it kind of does the same thing that made me give up on Advance Wars: giving me too much too early, with too many decisions to make. I’m already struggling to make a plan of attack, only a few missions into the game. I’d prefer it to ease me into the game at a slower pace, with shorter stages that build up to larger and more difficult maps later on, but I guess that wouldn’t suit anyone looking for a decent challenge.