rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Wargroove - Medieval Advance Wars. Out Now on Switch/PC/Xbox One. £15.99

Crossplay between XBone, Switch and PC too.

I'm well up for this. I know it's derivative, but if it can capture the feeling and balance of the original Advance Wars it'll be instantly brilliant. I didn't think any of the sequels really lived up to the first game, so I'm still left wanting more after all these years.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Crossplay between XBone, Switch and PC too.

I'm well up for this. I know it's derivative, but if it can capture the feeling and balance of the original Advance Wars it'll be instantly brilliant. I didn't think any of the sequels really lived up to the first game, so I'm still left wanting more after all these years.

Can you imagine just a port of Advance Wars with online play.... 

This game seems to be a complete package. Puzzle mode sounds interesting:

We wanted to get players thinking about the game a little differently by presenting them with a scenario where they only have one turn to win. Typically the objective is to win by defeating the enemy commander or by destroying their stronghold; however some puzzles change it up and require you to rescue a villager from dangerous situations instead. All of these puzzles are geared to test your understanding of the game’s mechanics and the various strengths and weaknesses of the units, with complexity increasing as you progress through them.

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

How is this game only £16? There is just so much content. I hope this is just an unmitigated success for them, 

I just hope its good.

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

So glad this is crossplay as I was undecided which version to go for and at £16 I might just get it on the Switch as well as Xbox.

Be awesome if it came to Game Pass.

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

Can you imagine just a port of Advance Wars with online play.... 

AW: Days of Ruin on the NDS had online multiplayer. It was great, and I sank many hours into it, but the large majority of matches ended with people quitting out when their opponent got the upper hand. Hopefully this game will have some penalty system for rage-quitters.

I am pretty hyped for this game.

30 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

AW: Days of Ruin on the NDS had online multiplayer. It was great, and I sank many hours into it, but the large majority of matches ended with people writing out when their opponent got the upper hand. Hopefully this game will have some penalty system for rage-quitters.

I am pretty hyped for this game.

Maybe a formal concession option. It's a fair point about putting in another half an hour just so your opponant can completely obliterate you if the only other option is a rather unsporting quitting. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Maybe a formal concession option. It's a fair point about putting in another half an hour just so your opponant can completely obliterate you if the only other option is a rather unsporting quitting. 

It's a good idea but awarding the win to the other player would be fine also I think, playing against an opponent resigned to defeat and just going through the motions is no fun either.

I've been playing the old 2 DS versions recently. They are so good (if a little thin compared to the old GBA ones). Slick and snappy and we'll presented. This will need to be very good to match them.... footage looks very promising. :wub:

5 hours ago, Chooch said:

I just hope its good.

It is. Even in just the tiny slice I played at EGX it was easily my game of the show. It’s going to be superb. 

5 hours ago, Hitcher said:

So glad this is crossplay as I was undecided which version to go for and at £16 I might just get it on the Switch as well as Xbox.

Serious question not taking the mick.

If it is cross play why would you double dip? I can't imagine performance wise there would be anything in it? Is it mainly for friends list on Xbox?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mdn2 said:

This game seems to be a complete package. Puzzle mode sounds interesting:

I'd argue that Advance Wars itself was basically a puzzle game already - there wasn't much room for flexibility in how to win.

I hope this is less restrictive.

• Empathy 1

32 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Serious question not taking the mick.

If it is cross play why would you double dip? I can't imagine performance wise there would be anything in it? Is it mainly for friends list on Xbox?

Game sharing on Xbox and friends list. Switch on the loo unless there's going to be an IOS port of course.