Ghostbusters -Afterlife

papalazarou

5 minutes ago, Harsin said:

spacer.png

'Member Mr. Stay Puft?

Imagine the bizarre, spiralling loop that'll happen when this generation's kids become nostalgic for Finn Wolfhard's output.

My fave youtube comment on that video;

"I'm just super impressed with Staypuft's PR department since the company still considers it viable to use the Staypuft Marshmallow Man as a mascot even after an enormous version of him manifested itself and trashed Manhatten in the 80's."

:lol:

I'm probably alone here but I didn't think the trailer was terrible, Rudd is usually good value and I thought that keeping it "in universe" that there's a logical explanation for some of the stuff to be around if unused. Not onboard with the lifespan of car batteries though, that's supernatural.

Probably mentioned  previously in the thread does this go with the idea that

Spoiler

People and not places are haunted?

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I will admit to thinking any real marshmallow manufacturer would rebrand after a demonic diety attempted to end the world in the guise of their mascot, that teaser made me all kinds of excited for this new movie!

Miserable bastards, the lot of you! But you all know that.

• 3 months later...

Hasbro have decided to hell with keeping this relatively spoiler free like the trailer and released a pic of there up coming plasma series figure line for the movie…

Spoiler

Including a pic of all remaining og ghostbusters in full busting gear

7 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I may have already said this in the thread before but......they're going to have a CGI ghost of Egon save the kids aren't they?

it'll be

Spoiler

ghost versions of Murray, Ackroyd, and Hudson

… because reasons

Really enjoyed the return of those swirling slight orb things. That effect still looks amazing in the original so glad they've kind of just throwing their hands up and admitting it can't be bettered. Can't see much not to like in general from that in truth.