MattyP

Christmassy feeling games and sharing experiences

I've been playing Wind Waker HD and while it isn't particularly Christmassy in itself, playing a Zelda game at this time of year does give me dat Christmas feel. I particularly remember playing Zelda OoT during Christmas as a young lil' Gerbik and WW is just such a joyful, lovely game.

• Upvote 4

The Division, Survival mode. Trying to avoid freezing to death in a blizzard or being killed by enemy looters as you search for supplies among ruined Christmas decorations. A bit like going shopping in the week before Christmas. 

• Upvote 3

Donkey Kong Country for me. The level where the blizzard gradually builds up as you progress is particularly festive. Every time I hear Aquatic Ambience I'm transported back to the Christmas it came out and we rinsed it ('94 if I remember correctly) so I think a cheeky little blast on the SNES Classics when I get home tonight is in order!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Stanley said:

We got Smash and Mario Party for Christmas this year. Whatever you end up playing or however you choose to spend it, have a great day everyone at RLLMUK :wub:

Right back at you! All about spending time and sharing experiences together... Had a riot again with Kinect bowling... And we all ended up getting turkeys at some point...

Hope everyone had an awesome day!

• Upvote 1

For me, Christmas Nights will never be topped when it comes to an amazing Christmas themed videogame.

Bar that, any Zelda game equals nostalgic christmassy feelings. A Link to the Past over christmas holidays in the mid-nineties and Ocarina of Time again in the late nineties, are truly memorable gaming experiences. Imo, even Skyward Sword during Winter 2012 (I played it one year after its release) was an amazing experience. So needless to say I'm absolutely thrilled to be experiencing what already seems to be the definitive Zelda game this Winter. The first one to truly beat the bar set by the unforgettable OoT. 

C0evkecUoAA_faz.jpg:large

• Upvote 2