Hades - Buy it immediately - Slay the Spire X Bayonetta. Ish.

28 minutes ago, Rayn said:

More or less. Personally I like this a tad better so far but that might change after a couple dozen hours. Every time I think I’ve seen all there is, something new is introduced making things fresh and interesting at all times.

This just shows how Dead Cells would have been even better if all the little secret rooms you find in that game had 100 variations of characters and dialogue, rather than always being the same every time. Hopefully if the devs make a sequel they'll take a few lessons from Hades. 

It's hard to emphasise just how much the addition of a proper story, great characters and excellent voice acting brings to the roguelike genre. The fact that the combat is so good in Hades as well brings it over the top. It's GOTY for me so far.

Spoiler

Man, I was only a couple of hits from defeating the Elysium bosses last night! Bastards!

1 minute ago, Eighthours said:

This just shows how Dead Cells would have been even better if all the little secret rooms you find had 100 variations of characters and dialogue rather than always being the same every time. Hopefully if they make a sequel they'll take a few lessons from Hades.

The lore takes a bit of a backseat in Dead Cells tbh. You can even turn those rooms off completely in the settings.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Is there any chance of this coming to other platforms or is it Switch exclusive?

Way back when it was announced, they did sort of indicate it'd be coming to every platform.  It seems to have only appeared on Switch so far, I wonder if Nintendo have some sort of timed exclusivity.  

It'd do gangbusters on both PS and XB, so they'd be mad not to eventually release it. 

Having said that, it is out on PC and should run ok on a laptop with a half decent processor.. 

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

Is there any chance of this coming to other platforms or is it Switch exclusive?

In the Reddit AMA, it seemed that 1.0 is it for a while (indeed, it might even be the final version aside from bug fixing and small gameplay improvements), and then they're going to move onto another project. So if there is a port, it'll be by an external team, I'd wager. Don't get your hopes up.

Right now, we're supporting the launch of Hades v1.0 and making sure everyone can get in and play. After each of our major updates, we've been on standby to fix any bugs we missed, fine-tune the latest changes, and make other small improvements based on feedback. We'll be in that mode probably for a number of weeks.

Then once things settle down a bit, we're going to take a bit of a break as a team. We gave this game everything we've got, and know we need to recharge before immediately throwing ourselves into another intense long-term project (or whatever we decide to do).

After that break is when we'll get our bearings and finally start planning what's next, hopefully with clear heads and a bit of hindsight and all that. Whatever comes of that planning might not be something we're ready to say anything about for some time, as we don't like to announce our plans until we have something we think is exciting to show. So, we really appreciate your patience on this.

5 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

In the Reddit AMA, it seemed that 1.0 is it for a while (indeed, it might even be the final version aside from bug fixing and small gameplay improvements), and then they're going to move onto another project. So if there is a port, it'll be by an external team, I'd wager. Don't get your hopes up.

Fair enough, I'll buy the Switch version then.

I mean, you should buy it, because it's great, but I'd say there's absolutely zero chance of this not coming to Xbox and PS4/5 by this time next year.

Props to them for being honest and saying they're taking a well deserved break though rather than pandering to the people already demanding more content. 

3 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Epic Version is fine for me, playing on an ultrawide. Doesn’t seem like the sort of bug Supergiant would let slip through so I’d wager it’s a bit of a weird one. If you haven’t already I’d get it reported on their Discord, they’re super responsive over there. :)

Yeah, ultrawide here, so if it's fine for you sounds like something else is awry! I'll give it a reinstall and see if that helps, otherwise I'll go bother their discord :D

Finished a run! :D

I had the most amazing set of boons all working in harmony, not the most damaging setup i've had but so much survivability with dash deflect, dash damage reduction, dash heal (after being hit), kills with special restoring 5 health, Athena (I think) call with the invulernerability. I also had the Demeter crystal beam special which was so useful for bosses. I was using the fists, they're so much fun and I love how the boons for it complement the playstyle.

I've already started a new spear run, this game is something else.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

When it comes to Xbox/Playstation I'll buy the fucker again too.

Same here. It’s awesome as it is but there’s some noticable slowdown in certain rooms, especially when there are numerous bullet hell characters on screen at the same time. Also, I’d love some trophies/achievements for this (I really shouldn’t care about that but for some games I like them).

3 hours ago, Takizawa said:

Finished a run! :D

I had the most amazing set of boons all working in harmony, not the most damaging setup i've had but so much survivability with dash deflect, dash damage reduction, dash heal (after being hit), kills with special restoring 5 health, Athena (I think) call with the invulernerability. I also had the Demeter crystal beam special which was so useful for bosses. I was using the fists, they're so much fun and I love how the boons for it complement the playstyle.

I've already started a new spear run, this game is something else.

How many runs did it take you to get through? I think I'm on run 8 and 4h30 played. Elysium kicks my ass, though.

My efforts so far . Got nearly to the end of level 2 using the bow. Slowly working out the best boons to go after. 

This has that Dead Cells one more run addiction. Suprise game I knew nothing about till the reviews and praise on here. 

PXL_20200923_162940656.jpg

On 17/09/2020 at 17:50, robdood said:

Shiiiiiit.  Now I can get round to completing it! 

PIMP THE GUIDE AGAIN, DOOD. 

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU NEW ZAGREUSES (Zagreii?)

Belated reply, but really enjoyed this. Watched a few more of your vids too and enjoyed those as well! Do more video stuff! *gesticulates encouragingly*

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Belated reply, but really enjoyed this. Watched a few more of your vids too and enjoyed those as well! Do more video stuff! *gesticulates encouragingly*

Thanks, I fluked the timing so well, it the most successful vid I've done on YouTube to date!  :D

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

How many runs did it take you to get through? I think I'm on run 8 and 4h30 played. Elysium kicks my ass, though.

I watched Distortion2 (speed runner) complete it today for the first time, on twitch while working... He hadn't even unlocked all the weapons! Damned good-at-games bastard. 

He had a weird build and playstyle though. He'd hit some good boons for defense, and basically just ran away from everything while spamming shield toss, which had a beastly Ares doom upgrade. 

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve realised running away from encounters (choosing Charon shops instead) is a false economy. Gotta get those boons and be strong as poss for later on. 

Hmm I dunno, I think it's equally viable to chase Obol and then spend a lot with Charon, it gives you more flexibility on choice a lot of the time.