rllmuk
Commander Jameson

Avengers: Endgame (April 2019) - no spoilers please

Yeah if people could note down good points for a piss that's be great. Though infinity war was so tight I'm not sure I'll have a beer before :(

Checkout: https://runpee.com after the first viewing and see if they have an update.

OR for those of us seeing it later, someone should do a public service announcement post here about the best time. :p

• Upvote 2

Just now, OogyBoogy said:

I'm putting all of you on ignore.

I'm ignoring this thread from tomorrow until after I've watched the film on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Just got an email from VUE

Get ready to sit back and enjoy 182 mins of superhero spectacular

182 Minutes !! - Is that correct? That is Bollywood length!

And they’re doing the 150-ish minutes of Infinity War immediately before it.

I simply couldn’t stay awake that late, so admire @MardiganX utter dedication to the Marvel cause doing that double-header.

I’m booked in to see it at 8:20am on the Thursday morning, then again on Friday evening with the other half. 

Double bill run time quoted at 330 minutes :blink2:

Now, there will no doubt be time at the end IW to quickly run for a piss but still that is some epic movie watching after a day of work / pretending I give a fuck about anything that is happening prior to 20:30!

I'm not going to ingest any fluids after 4pm, so I'm nice and dehydrated and unlikely to need a pee by the time the film starts.

Just got a mail from my cinema telling me to turn up early due to the high numbers of people expected.

We have tickets for Saturday's first showing at 10am. I am not sure what I'll do yet... watch IW the night before, or watch Thor: Ragnarok the night before and IW the morning of.

Booked for 4:30 pm on Friday, haven’t told the kids, literally going to have just enough time to get changed after school and then straight out to Cineworld Rochester!

#Excelsior

• Upvote 5

8.20am for me on Thursday morning with my eldest boy. If people are getting to see this and their are reviews then I’m out of here until I’ve seen it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

8.20am for me on Thursday morning with my eldest boy. If people are getting to see this and their are reviews then I’m out of here until I’ve seen it.

Always a good idea. My stance is that no matter what the spoiler policy may be,  you're a bloody idiot if you go into a thread between release date and when you've seen it yourself!

4 hours ago, Gommy said:

Just got out, I enjoyed it.  The runtime is a bit self indulgent if you ask me.  But all in all satisfying for me.

That’s a very low key review Gommy. Do you fancy giving us some spoiler free impressions? Where do you rate it amongst the other MCU films? Is it a worthy finale to this chapter?

I’m taking my boys to see it straight after school tomorrow and can’t wait. I hope it’s everything I want it to be. Infinity War was absolutely perfect for me and surpassed all the hype.

1 hour ago, Sng said:

Anyone doing 4DX? Would be interested to see if it's worth it over just IMAX. 

I watched Captain Marvel in 4DX and honestly for a film like Endgame where I am so invested in the story I would find it too distracting, especially for 3 hours.  I like the seat movement, especially when they do the tilt that makes it feel like you are falling into the screen, but to be honest getting punched in the back during every fight and the air shooting past your ears whenever a gun is fired does get slightly annoying.

2D all the way for this one on first viewing anyway.

• Upvote 1