rllmuk
Commander Jameson

Avengers: Endgame (April 2019) - no spoilers please

Saw this thread on Twitter and it just makes me think that everyone involved in the MCU are just a bunch of mates having a fucking ace time. Maybe that's a reason why it's worked so well?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MDY said:

Yeah, and it all varies depending on the writer, circumstances etc..

It generally goes something like (not a complete list by any means and characters are often shuffled up or down a tier depending on the story)

1) One Above All
2) Living Tribunal, The Beyonder
3) Death, Chronos, Eternity, Oblivion, Death (various other embodiments of abstract concepts), The Phoenix Force
4) Galactus, Celestials, The Watcher, Sentry, Cyttorak, Thanos, Franklyn Richards
5) Mephisto, Dormammu,

6) Silver Surfer, possibly top tier Asgardians

I think even with the gems, Thanos only moves up one tier..

The Surfer's on there but no Molecule Man or Mad Jim Jaspers? smh, tsk

8 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

The Surfer's on there but no Molecule Man or Mad Jim Jaspers? smh, tsk

I think you'll find Squirrel Girl should be at #1.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Broker said:

Even having defeated Thanos that one time, she'd only be tier 4.

She did also stop Galactus eating the Earth.. :D

..and took down Ego the living planet.. who is probably tier 4 also.. wonder how many she'd need to beat to advance.. :lol:

The characters in the top few tiers aren't really people, most of them are some sort of cosmic force manifested. The whole "power ranking" thing gets a bit weird when you're trying to compare time to the space outside the multiverse. And there's rarely fights or conflicts at that level, often you'll get an indication from Galactus or someone that this character is extremely strong which we know to trust. The reason the boyonder is always brought up is because he starts a lot of fights so we have a lot of direct info about how he stacks up against other characters.

2 hours ago, MDY said:

Yeah, and it all varies depending on the writer, circumstances etc..

It generally goes something like (not a complete list by any means and characters are often shuffled up or down a tier depending on the story)

1) One Above All
2) Living Tribunal, The Beyonder
3) Death, Chronos, Eternity, Oblivion, Death (various other embodiments of abstract concepts), The Phoenix Force
4) Galactus, Celestials, The Watcher, Sentry, Cyttorak, Thanos, Franklyn Richards
5) Mephisto, Dormammu,

6) Silver Surfer, possibly top tier Asgardians

I think even with the gems, Thanos only moves up one tier..

And for a more complete list than you could ever want, there's this.

However even that list has one omission: at the very top, above the One Above All, you've got the Brothers who are the embodiment of the entire DC and Marvel universes:

1Lej9HF.png

(Tag yourself; I'm Quicksilver.)

And for good measure, progressing from entities to worlds, here's DC/Grant Morrison's... hierarchy? Is that the right term to describe... this?

Spoiler

AEusnND.jpg

Comics, everybody!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Saw this thread on Twitter and it just makes me think that everyone involved in the MCU are just a bunch of mates having a fucking ace time. Maybe that's a reason why it's worked so well?

Sorry man, but I don't think that's the real Rhodey. 

3 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

My mate's bailed on going to the midnight showing, and as a result I have a ticket going spare. Where's best to advertise it for sale?

Grindr

• Upvote 3

Just booked my ticket but booked the wrong IMAX cinema due to having umpteen tabs open! Grrr. "Lie-Max" rather than IMAX but never mind!

What was eye opening is how the 10:00am on the Monday was practically sold out.

4 hours ago, Nick R said:

1Lej9HF.png

I'm Bullseye, just taking it all in, not really bovverred.

Who's the cunt with the 'shave those sideburns' haircut in between Supes and Lady Deathstrike?

For that matter who's the pinhead in between spidey and quicksilver?

That comic was some grade A bullshit. One of the match-ups was Lobo vs Wolverine, big guess at who won the public vote. The writers couldn’t even be arsed at figuring out how Wolverine would win that fight, so they both just fell behind a bar like Del Boy and only Wolverine got back up.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Harsin said:

That comic was some grade A bullshit. One of the match-ups was Lobo vs Wolverine, big guess at who won the public vote. The writers couldn’t even be arsed at figuring out how Wolverine would win that fight, so they both just fell behind a bar like Del Boy and only Wolverine got back up.

This would be the next best way to defeat Thanos if they aren't going down the Lemmiwinks route.

6 hours ago, Broker said:

Reed and Sue Richards from the Fantastic Four's son. He's one of the three most powerful mutants in the world. 

A bit like baby Jack-Jack in The Incredibles (just a little bit).

59 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Agreed, but on the other hand, it gave us this immortal moment. So overall I'd say the crossover was worthwhile.

Spoiler

Storm beating Wonder Woman though, wtf :wacko:

Where's Captain Marvel in that list? How is she supposed to save shit if she's not as powerful as Thanos?

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

I re-read it all recently and hoooooooo boy it's a steaming pile. Actual garbage.

• Upvote 1

I never really was into marvel as a kid, even though I found the opening of the silver surfer (on TV) completely mesmerising I never followed it up. I always liked the most out there and wacky bits of Spiderman and X-Men.

Now though I get a joy reading about made up beings who are more powerful than the last. I wish some of the adults who saw I was obsessed with the Greek and Norse myths had given me a comic. The bloody Norse myths are in marvel too!

Anyway where does women with good kicking skills and archery club fit in those lists?

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I re-read it all recently and hoooooooo boy it's a steaming pile. Actual garbage.

Its because it was put to a vote by the readers. There's been another Marvel vs DC since then, and was better written thankfully. There's a bit where Superman fights Thor and Supes wins, barely. Then this happens:

main-qimg-64201eda702b5a30ab715c53f3df35

:lol:

• Upvote 1