rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
p1nseeker

Far Cry New Dawn

11 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

So a direct continuation of 5?

Looks like there’s gonna be a lot of years inbetween. Kind of glad, half the appeal of 5 was how beautiful the locals looked. Grim wasteland wouldn’t be as fun imo.

20 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

As long as there is no ultra annoying push forward slow-walk story gameplay.

I never thought I’d be saying this but I hope that, in the future, there are no drugs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I'd forgotten just how mind boggingly stupid the ending of Far Cry 5 was.

I was just thinking the same thing. It's Bashit mental.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, VN1X said:

The next Far Cry? Didn't the last one just came out earlier this year?! I guess this is a yearly franchise now huh?

Copy+paste thats what it is. There are certain titles I've given up on and Far Cry is one of them. This is not art, not labour of love, this is the equivalent of factory farming manufactured hamburgers.

• Upvote 2

Ubisoft seem to do remarkably well at not suffering the effects of franchise fatigue, despite their conveyor belt approach to games (that also share a lot of common elements between their different properties).

i thought it was way too soon for another AC after Origins. Especially releasing it right before Red Dead. But it still did well by all accounts.

It would need a pretty fundamental re-think for me. I enjoyed FC4 well enough, but I thought the last one was desperately dull. Unremittingly by-the-numbers with very few standout moments... that I saw anyway, and to be fair I lost interest after toppling the first boss.

• Upvote 2

In retrospect I got tired of the current Far Cry formula half way through Far Cry 3. I did buy FC4 and Primal (the latter was really cheap during a sale) but barely started either of them before being distracted by a different game. Fair play to Ubi if it brings in the profits for them, but in terms of by the numbers conveyor belt design Far Cry currently feels even more tired than Assassin's Creed at its lowest. Imho FC was overdue a shake up in 5, but it looks like Ubi sees a few more games worth of potential in the current formula.

• Upvote 1