Cyhwuhx

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Switch) *unconfirmed*

Considering the series uses lock above all else... Maybe? I can see them retrofitting (heh) Splatoon’s control scheme with lock into all three.

Wondering if they fixed the slight graphical downgrade of Prime 1 in the previous Trilogy. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of people have been wishing for this and it's clearly to bridge the gap until Metroid Prime 4, whenever that's due, hopefully 2019 but more likely 2020. In any case this is a very welcome port.

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Nintendo is just going to remaster every Wii and Wii U game eventually :seanr:

You don't have to buy them, after all not many did when it came to Wii U.

• Upvote 2

I don’t have time to play all the new games coming out. I can’t fathom how you guys can find time and motivation to replay ports of old games. Not even remakes or remasters but just barebones ports.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

I don’t have time to play all the new games coming out. I can’t fathom how you guys can find time and motivation to replay ports of old games. Not even remakes but just barebones ports.

You don't have to play all the new games coming out. You can pick and choose. Besides, do you know something about it we don't?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You don't have to play all the new games coming out. You can pick and choose. Besides, do you know something about it we don't?

Nintendo are stingy with ports? Their Wii to Wii U ports didn’t even up-res.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

23 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

What about their Wii u to switch ports? How are they?

Metroid is non-existent. We’ll find out tomorrow, right?

Edit: Their Wii U to Switch ports have been better, so I expect we’ll get a res bump if nothing else.

11 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both HD aren't they?

28 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I don’t have time to play all the new games coming out. I can’t fathom how you guys can find time and motivation to replay ports of old games. Not even remakes or remasters but just barebones ports.

But it's Metroid Prime. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

There weren’t really any ports as it was fully backwards compatible?

Which doesn’t seem very stingy. 

34 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

My playlist is a mix of newer and older games. I don't pick which games I want to play based on newness, but on quality and appeal. I've never finished MP2 and barely started MP3, do I'm looking forward to finally crossing those off my pile of shame. And besides, I'd rather replay a really good old game than waste my time on the newest bro shooter or whatever. Selective gaming!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Edit: Their Wii U to Switch ports have been better, so I expect we’ll get a res bump if nothing else.

Exactly, there are no Wii U specific enhancements for the Prime Trilogy it's just the Wii version playable via backwards compatibility.

A boxed retail Switch version will be 1080p and offer pretty comprehensive control options, at the very least.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Eeehhhhhh....

If they up-res the first game I’d maybe buy it seperately, but I don’t want Echoes and not massively fussed by 3 either.

Also: more ports.

Was more talking about removing the arm cannon graphic effects. But sure, better res would be grand. They have some way to go to surpass Metroid Prime in Dolphin VR though. :P

4 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It didn’t feel stingy when I put any Wii game in the WiiU and it worked from day one. 

It felt stingy when they put Mario Galaxy on the system without any visual improvements.

• Downvote 1

Most of the Wii games released on the Wii U were virtual console releases not ports, so obviously were never going to get up-ressed.

Ports, remasters and re-release are such a mixed bag in general that I can't muster too much enthusiasm until there's more details... but then it's Metroid Prime, even a bare bones up-res will be cool. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

It felt stingy when they put Mario Galaxy on the system without any visual improvements.

You'd rather they didn't offer backwards compatibility at all?

7 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

It wasn’t a port though.

It was backwards compatability.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Is this about the Chinese weirdo-version?