rllmuk
Bojangle

Epic Games Store

2 hours ago, Uzi said:

Tetris Effect for £12 ish with the voucher worth it? I have an Oculus too

Yeah totally, just bear in mind it's still just Tetris.

• Empathy 1

On 04/04/2020 at 17:54, Uzi said:

Tetris Effect for £12 ish with the voucher worth it? I have an Oculus too

I went for this option in the sale and found it stunning in VR. I wasn’t convinced by all the plaudits, after all why would Tetris in VR be such a game changer? It’s remarkable how transcendent it actually is. 

• Upvote 2

That's huge. I almost bought it yesterday from CDKeys for 10.99 just to have a pootle about in. 

4 hours ago, Tonald Drump said:

GTA V is free until May 21st 

Looks like the reveal vid has since been taken off Twitter. Maybe someone jumped the gun...

1 hour ago, Rob Rule said:

That's huge. I almost bought it yesterday from CDKeys for 10.99 just to have a pootle about in. 

I did about a week and half ago :facepalm:

Nevermind, hopefully get some people on here to play with online now ^_^

I just spotted as I redeemed GTA5 on the Epic Store that the free next game in 5 days is also a 'mystery game', which suggests it must be a similarly big get for Epic. AC Odyssey maybe?

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I just spotted as I redeemed GTA5 on the Epic Store that the free next game in 5 days is also a 'mystery game', which suggests it must be a similarly big get for Epic. AC Odyssey maybe?

AC Odyssey is currently in their sale, so that'd be a pretty shitty thing to do for those who have bought it. I imagine it won't be a sale game.

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

AC Odyssey is currently in their sale, so that'd be a pretty shitty thing to do for those who have bought it. I imagine it won't be a sale game.

Yeah, maybe - that wouldn't be a big get like GTA5 in that case. Was GTA5 on the Epic store before now?

I'm assuming that at some point they will have given away everything on their store so I have no incentive to ever buy anything!

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Its Civ 6, then Borderlands Handsome Collection  and then ARK. Apparently.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

But I only just bought Civ 6 <_<

If I bought the Steam key for it from CD Keys but then redeemed it on Steam, I can't still get the refund for it, can I?

16 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Hm, well, I couldn't care iess about Borderlands and even less than that about ARK, but I've always been interested in trying out Civ! And what better way than free?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

If I bought the Steam key for it from CD Keys but then redeemed it on Steam, I can't still get the refund for it, can I?

No, Steam only refund direct purchases.

6 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

No, Steam only refund direct purchases.

Balls.

Is Ashen worth it? Brings it down to $13AUD.

17 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

AC Odyssey with all dlc is only £4.74 if you use the voucher you get for grabbing GTA.

Huh? I got the vanilla AC Odyssey for £6.49 with the tenner off voucher as it was £16.49 without it, so have they made the DLC version £14.74?

48 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

AC Odyssey with all dlc is only £4.74 if you use the voucher you get for grabbing GTA.

Welp as usual I overpaid at £16.00 then a few weeks ago.  Mind you I have gotten more than £16.00 worth of entertainment out of it so whatever.

Do you just keep getting more and more vouchers? I got Control for £14, they gave me another voucher, so I got Anno 1800 for £15, and they gave me another one. I'm considering plotting a course through their store getting £10 off everything I want, perhaps Metro Exodus for £7, Ass Origins for £6 and Dangerous Driving for £2.

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Do you just keep getting more and more vouchers? I got Control for £14, they gave me another voucher, so I got Anno 1800 for £15, and they gave me another one. I'm considering plotting a course through their store getting £10 off everything I want, perhaps Metro Exodus for £7, Ass Origins for £6 and Dangerous Driving for £2.

You can only spend the vouchers on things that are £13.99 or more, and you only get a new one once you spend at least £13.99. Quite a few games they've intentionally priced at slightly less than £13.99, so you can't use the voucher on them (Dangerous Driving being one, I believe).

12 hours ago, Gabe said:

Is Rune 2 worth a punt for about £6?

Probably not. I found it frustrating, janky and hollow, and I think the devs have moved on, so it won't get any better. I only played a couple of hours, but it was enough to put me off. 

I mean, it's only £6, but I'd argue that there are better uses of your time and money

47 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Do I need a mobile for 2FA?

I think so, Epic uses Google Authenticator afaik. Don't know how much of a bother that is for you, but it really is far, far, FAR more secure than just using a password. So it really is for the best.

You can use things like 1Password to handle the 2FA instead of your mobile too. Very convenient platform that. 

I know GTA V is the big one at the moment but I’m enjoying Death Coming from last week’s freebie. Cute pixel-art characters meeting untimely deaths and I zone out and click around the environment to kill them off. Strangely relaxing. 

Might save that £10 off for Cyberpunk 2077.