11 minutes ago, Swainy said:

They’ve been the UK Distributor since day 1 and appear to be useless or are simply restricted by licensing as only a handful of games have been released over here and cost top whack.

Thanks for the info.

boo sambro.

booooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

Oh god. I would have the Killer Instinct one in a heartbeat but I doubt we'll even see them in the UK.

yeah it's very frustrating that we don't get them here. They clearly feel there isn't a market for it, which is a pity.

Personally I’m inclined to think it’s a mixture of shipping/customs charges and the relatively small market. Over the last 5 years or so (maybe longer?) US postal charges seem to be insanely expensive. I don’t know what caused the change but they’ve been eye wateringly high.

Part of it is there used to be an agreement between the USPS and Royal Mail essentially to "just handle" anything from each other's country that arrived.

That expired, thanks of course to Trump, in 2018 and there were further huge hikes because of it this year.  I used to swap food parcels with a friend in the US and now it's just too expensive to justify.

https://www.theamerican.co.uk/pr/ne-US-Mailing-Price-Rises-July-1

Ahh, that's interesting thanks. It coincides with how I perceived changes to have happened. They've definitely increased prior to man baby's influence too though. I don't know how they expect the rest of the world to buy goods from them, but hey ho.. U-S-A!

I'm the opposite and sent a lot of things to the US and it's no exaggeration to say shipping prices to the US have almost doubled over the last 12 months. A small parcel just under 2Kg costs £30.45 by standard airmail (not even tracked and signed) to send whereas last year it was about £17

Yeesh. So EB Games here in Australia has announced they'll be selling some of the Arcade 1 Up Cabinets from March -- NBA Jam, Marvel Vs Capcom and Big Buck Hunter specifically.

I was curious to see what kind of price premium they might be charging so I looked it up. US list price for the Marvel Vs one is around $499, which after currency conversion should be around $620 or so in Aussie dollars. Add in tax (often not mentioned in US prices) and that should be around $700 or so. Maybe $750 to allow retail markup/shipping etc.

Nope. If you're keen/stupid, they'll sell you one... for $1,195.

I do like arcade games, but I think I'll pass.