rllmuk
footle

Google Stadia - Pre E3 Event 6th June 5pm

2 hours ago, deKay said:

5pm tonight, isn't it?

Yes. I've updated the title to include it for anyone else who isn't sure.

2 minutes ago, jonamok said:

This is going to be such an anticlimax.

You're probably right, but then that's what many guessed with the PlayStation.

5 minutes ago, Fallows said:

"Sony?! What the hell does Sony know about games? Lolstation" was the general sentiment back when. Followed a generation or so later by "Microsoft?! What the hell does Microsoft know about consoles? Lolbox" - gamers are not good at predicting these things. Although I'm not convinced I'll ever get on with streaming games, I wouldn't be surprised if Google swoops in and becomes a major player. It could go either way. 

I might be sceptical about streaming games anyway, but nothing Google have done to date shows much evidence that they can launch something directly consumer-facing like this well, and stick with it. Apple, a company that can launch to consumers, can't seem to break into games or TV like they keep apparently wanting to. I'll be very surprised if this ends up as anything other than niche and/or shortlived.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Fallows said:

They guessed correctly!

:blah:

I was on the project stream test/beta thing using Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It was really good and worked flawlessly. Also got a free pc copy for my troubles. Very interested to see what they show.

13 minutes ago, VN1X said:

mdqxn0G.jpg

Looks like each slide is a game?

RDR and MGS (oooh, or Splinter Cell!) incoming.

I've been involved with a project coming to this platform for a while now and it does have the potential to be quite a gamechanger if other publishers get on board. I'm not expecting our game to be announced with it, but that's a decision a bit above my pay grade! Looking forward to the show anyway.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dan_tm said:

I've been involved with a project coming to this platform for a while now and it does have the potential to be quite a gamechanger if other publishers get on board. I'm not expecting our game to be announced with it, but that's a decision a bit above my pay grade! Looking forward to the show anyway.

Will you be buying whatever it is :sherlock:

3 minutes ago, dan_tm said:

I've been involved with a project coming to this platform for a while now and it does have the potential to be quite a gamechanger if other publishers get on board. I'm not expecting our game to be announced with it

Are you allowed to leak it's a game platform?

Be a shame to get fired for breaking an NDA 10 minutes before the world finds out.

However, spill the beans!! ;)

10 minutes ago, dan_tm said:

6 Minute scoop or ban. Your choice.

I wonder... 

"You can get the G-BOX this Holidays for $299.... but you can subscribe to our streaming service NOW"

Just now, bradigor said:

I wonder... 

"You can get the G-BOX this Holidays for $299.... but you can subscribe to our streaming service NOW"

Imagine what a nonevent that would be.

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

Are you allowed to leak it's a game platform?

Heh, platform is just an overarching term I use for many different things, and they've already announced it's gaming related ;)

1 minute ago, dan_tm said:

Heh, platform is just an overarching term I use for many different things, and they've already announced it's gaming related ;)

G-thing confirmed for cloud magic.