mikeyl

Wtm a raid team PS4

10 hours ago, Capp said:

Everyone still good for this evening?  I'll be on beforehand so if anyone wants to group up for the nightfall, ascendant challenge, etc,  then let me know.  

Yup

Anyone interested in doing Leviathan? Never done a raid, and would rather start with something a bit more achievable. 

There was some talk a while ago for PSPlus newcomers getting a team together but they all disappeared 

On 20/10/2018 at 10:00, spanx said:

Anyone interested in doing Leviathan? Never done a raid, and would rather start with something a bit more achievable. 

There was some talk a while ago for PSPlus newcomers getting a team together but they all disappeared 

Did you ever manage to get this sorted? I'm one of the ones who expressed interest in getting a newbie raid group together. I've played through the campaign with @Razzle and we've been playing a few strikes over the past week or so to get our power levels up since finishing it. We're still a little way off 300 but I doubt it'll take us too long to get there.

I've checked back through the main thread, and when you first posted @pledge and @StephenM both said that while they had either played a little or seen videos of a couple of encounters but had never actually finished the raid. If they're still in the same situation we're close to having a full group.

It would be amazing if we could get a group together who have never done it, although I guess it would be some ask at this point.

Scheduling is almost always a massive problem for me raiding but if we can get a band together I can certainly try! :)

(I've done the first encounter of Leviathan and most of Eater of Worlds but nothing else Destiny 2 raid wise)

Although maybe giving Last Wish a go might be more realistic (given its meant to be much better anyway)

Last Wish is by far the best raid in D2. It's also by far the hardest to work out blind from scratch - one encounter in particular got us (and most blind raiders) stuck for ages trying to work out exactly what to do, as it's absolutely full of misdirection. Then there's another encounter that's really difficult to execute once you do work it out - that's if you're not cheesing it, which you won't be if you're blind cos there's no way you'd work out the cheese for yourself as it's counter to what any logical approach to solving the puzzle would suggest. It's all worth it though, as it is deeply satisfying when you do work it all out and finally crack the execution. The raid as a whole is easily on par with the best of D1's raids.

I wouldn't dismiss Scourge of the Past either. It does require that you level up more - almost to the current level cap - but if you end up there soon enough, this would be far easier to do blind than Last Wish. It's quite short, and the mechanics don't take much figuring out at all, even blind. It's not anywhere near the quality of Wish, but in my opinion it's far better than Leviathan or the two lairs from year one. So whether you do Wish, or don't do it, I'd make this a priority if you can get your level high enough. It can be an awful lot of fun, and it has a unique vibe to it for a Destiny raid.

You can always go back and do Levi and the two lairs later. Sure, you'll be over level, but after you're about 20 PL higher than an activity it doesn't make any further difference anyway. It'll still be challenging to work things out for yourself and get the team plan together - the enemies will just hurt a bit less and you'll be able to down them a bit easier. It's not like you can just one-shot everything when you're hundreds of PLs above the enemies like you can in some other games - the scaling is quite restricted. So I'd leave the non-Forsaken raids till last if I were you.

I'd be up for this if there are any spaces. I'm a massive noob though, have played it for all of half an hour i think but want to get back into it.

On 08/02/2019 at 22:53, Gorf King said:

Last Wish is by far the best raid in D2. It's also by far the hardest to work out blind from scratch - one encounter in particular got us (and most blind raiders) stuck for ages trying to work out exactly what to do, as it's absolutely full of misdirection. Then there's another encounter that's really difficult to execute once you do work it out - that's if you're not cheesing it, which you won't be if you're blind cos there's no way you'd work out the cheese for yourself as it's counter to what any logical approach to solving the puzzle would suggest. It's all worth it though, as it is deeply satisfying when you do work it all out and finally crack the execution. The raid as a whole is easily on par with the best of D1's raids.

I wouldn't dismiss Scourge of the Past either. It does require that you level up more - almost to the current level cap - but if you end up there soon enough, this would be far easier to do blind than Last Wish. It's quite short, and the mechanics don't take much figuring out at all, even blind. It's not anywhere near the quality of Wish, but in my opinion it's far better than Leviathan or the two lairs from year one. So whether you do Wish, or don't do it, I'd make this a priority if you can get your level high enough. It can be an awful lot of fun, and it has a unique vibe to it for a Destiny raid.

You can always go back and do Levi and the two lairs later. Sure, you'll be over level, but after you're about 20 PL higher than an activity it doesn't make any further difference anyway. It'll still be challenging to work things out for yourself and get the team plan together - the enemies will just hurt a bit less and you'll be able to down them a bit easier. It's not like you can just one-shot everything when you're hundreds of PLs above the enemies like you can in some other games - the scaling is quite restricted. So I'd leave the non-Forsaken raids till last if I were you.

Thanks so much for this. A few different options to chew over there. I'm more than happy to leave the older raids until later if people would prefer that given the point about the restricted scaling. As long as we're not going to be hugely overpowered for anything then I'm up for tackling stuff in any order.

So, our potential team members are:  

1. Billy Brown

2. Razzle

3. spanx

4. dreamylittledream

5. Pavey

6. StephenM (maybe)

7. bagapeas

8. pledge

Let me know what kind of power level you are at the moment and we'll work out the best option. I'm more than happy to wait for people to get up to speed if needs be.

4 minutes ago, bagapeas said:

I’ve not done any of the raids and would be keen to give it a go or to fill in given it looks like a full team

Excellent, I'll add you to the list!

On 10/02/2019 at 17:14, Billy Brown said:

Thanks so much for this. A few different options to chew over there. I'm more than happy to leave the older raids until later if people would prefer that given the point about the restricted scaling. As long as we're not going to be hugely overpowered for anything then I'm up for tackling stuff in any order.

So, our potential team members are:  

1. Billy Brown

2. Razzle

3. spanx

4. dreamylittledream

5. Pavey

6. StephenM (maybe)

7. bagapeas

8. pledge

Let me know what kind of power level you are at the moment and we'll work out the best option. I'm more than happy to wait for people to get up to speed if needs be.

598 Hunter here (look who got bored and drifted off just before the last power level increase)