Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

7 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

I don't know like. Corden used to be confined to a handful of British shows, but now as well as having his own American show, there is always the danger that his voice will feature in any number of animated films. It's only a matter of time before he gets into video game voice work. Imagine enjoying a quality game and then his annoying cunt voice come on and ruins your experience. 

He's in Fable 2, by the way.

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

Is this a joke. Tell me it’s a joke. It’s a joke right? You’re joking.

I haven't played it myself, but this guy, Monty, apparently:

image.png.542fc8d2619631e0f661b52a76c58330.png

Best turn the sound off and whack on the subtitles at that point and you'd never know!

25 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I haven't played it myself, but this guy, Monty, apparently:

image.png.542fc8d2619631e0f661b52a76c58330.png

Best turn the sound off and whack on the subtitles at that point and you'd never know!

I wouldn’t be surprised if dick head Sheeran isn’t in the next one, playing 3 or 4 chords by a campfire, playing middle of the road dull songs. Maybe Corden will too. Pre order cancelled. 

Is anyone having problems with the rewards app on xbox? 

It won't open for me. Tried last night and again this morning and it just hangs on the loading screen with the ribbon then crashes. 

Tried hard resets and nothing is working. 

1 minute ago, Ry said:

Is anyone having problems with the rewards app on xbox? 

It won't open for me. Tried last night and again this morning and it just hangs on the loading screen with the ribbon then crashes. 

Tried hard resets and nothing is working. 

It crashed on me last night but worked fine this morning. 

5 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

It crashed on me last night but worked fine this morning. 

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not working. 

Bugger. 

*looking at reddit it's effecting most people. 

5 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

It does amaze me how flaky the app is on the console. What can it possibly doing that makes it so hard to make it stable?

And also the Game Pass app on Android, or at least the quests portion of it. For the longest time I assumed the few Microsoft domains my Pi Hole blocks was causing it, but no, turned that off and it's still clunky. It's like whatever end point these apps are talking to are just pants. For example, the +50 for a daily achievement can take a long time to cash in sometimes, too. 

Although, every now and again I do wonder if anyone has taken the time to report this. A guy from our corporate helpdesk, setting up a new laptop for me, let me know that IT knows about how long Outlook* takes to shut down, which typically prevents a clean power off, but as no one at work has ever reported it they've never looked in to it (sigh).

*corporate laptop builds suck so much.

I see the ABS (Automated Bing Searches) extension has been removed for both Chrome and Firefox. Still works if you've got it installed, but you can't download it for new setups any more.

Not sure if xbox live is having hiccups. I had bother logging in just earlier, but then it sorted itself out. 

It'll be it grabbing stuff online but it doesn't cope well without it. Best you'll get anyway is an error before you quit out. It's actually a bit annoying, because games have to jump through so many hoops to report back exactly what's gone wrong but Apps get away with murder so people like Netflix can throw shit on there. 

According to the MS status page everything is all tickety boo:

Rewards.thumb.png.319fed67b1fce21f14e983b042ffecf8.png

but whilst the MS rewards App did work just fine for me both last night and at around 2pm today, it's now borked.

Reported the service outage myself (takes about 10s), if anyone else wants to (or wants to know where to look in future re service outages) here's a link to the page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status :)

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I see the ABS (Automated Bing Searches) extension has been removed for both Chrome and Firefox. Still works if you've got it installed, but you can't download it for new setups any more.

Oh that's annoying. I've just got a new ssd for my laptop, so will be starting with a new install of Linux... Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. 

I just set bing as my search engine and then mop up left over searches at the end of the day - I always do them every day because it’s the easiest way to guarantee every day. 

9 minutes ago, Mortis said:

You can still grab the files from GitHub and install that way - I had to do it just the other day. 

Is that easy to do? I wouldn’t know where to start. 

SO roughl;y how many points can you earn a day if you do the searches (mobile and desktop) and the tasks on the rewards wesbite?  Not counting the console rewards app.

I have about 50 quids worth of points on my account. 50 quids worth on my eldests son's.   20 on wifes and 30 on younger sons.  Ciould combine the top two and buy another Xbox Series S and combine the smaller 2 for maybe the expansion drive maybe.  Just wondering how long it would take to get another 50,000 points I think.