Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

I know the UNESCO stuff is so over used in the daily quizes its become a running joke but the Esports stuff is equally as daft. "Which of these are Professional DOTA 2 teams". I wonder how many people see that and think "what the fuck is a DOTA2?". 

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

I know the UNESCO stuff is so over used in the daily quizes its become a running joke but the Esports stuff is equally as daft. "Which of these are Professional DOTA 2 teams". I wonder how many people see that and think "what the fuck is a DOTA2?". 

Well that's the point, you're supposed to be interested enough to click on the links that come up. So Microsoft coverage of DOTA league gets more interested parties etc

Clicks = money 

Still no achievement-chasing punchcard for me :( I don't suppose anyone can screenshot where it is in the app, in case I'm being exceedingly unobservant? Mine looks like this:

20210511_204546_copy_2307x1679_copy_1153x839.thumb.jpg.f04079f9db314036104cccf36956ef9a.jpg

20210511_204606_copy_2282x1547_copy_1141x773.thumb.jpg.64c91bbeee34ac29ebc4d94604f43071.jpg

20210511_204617_copy_2490x1730_copy_1245x865.thumb.jpg.444e5e5342b50568c8d1904bd42b7381.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Sadly no, just the same four activities but In Big. Ah, rewards app, you work so well...

This honestly isn't being facetious but have you tried fully turning the machine off and back on again - its amazing how many things that fixes on any Xbox 

That's a fair suggestion, but I've done that to no avail - even a nice uninstall and reinstall of the app in case that would help. Microsoft just wish to upset me, clearly!

*shakes fist at Microsoft*

I can't really complain, as my plans for this evening were to continue playing Monster Train, in which I was unlikely to, and indeed didn't, get any new achievements, so I've not missed out on anything. But I'll be a bit miffed if it never shows up! I may look and see if it'll come up on the Xbox One app instead of the Series, when the console is free. Or, indeed, if it's appeared on my housemate's (Gamerscore: 0 — she uses it as a media centre only) account.

Update: it's definitely a user-level thing, as signing in with my housemate's account brings up the option. A shame it's completely worthless to her! Clearly my account is somewhere near the bottom of the list :(

16 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

Which games would these be? 

Walking dead. 

They are all on Gamepass (plus the spinoff) 

I'm pretty sure if you play through them all you will get at least 5000k

11 minutes ago, Ry said:

Walking dead. 

They are all on Gamepass (plus the spinoff) 

I'm pretty sure if you play through them all you will get at least 5000k

I've been meaning to play those anyway. Is it literally just "play through them" to get all the rewards?

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've been meaning to play those anyway. Is it literally just "play through them" to get all the rewards?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you get the 1000g just for finishing them. There are 4 or 5 games in total. 

Yep literally just play through them.  The added bonus is they are really quite decent games to boot.  I played em all the last time the 10k reward was up.

The rewards app appears to be trolling me, as I'm down to a whole 3 punchcards now, with the (thankfully already filled and earned) May Bonus Round gone from my page, and still no achievements-driven one. Rewards become less fun when you know you can't access them :(

On 11/05/2021 at 16:52, Mr Do 71 said:

The fastest game completions in Xbox Game Pass for console

https://www.trueachievements.com/n44377/microsoft-rewards-easy-10000-gamerscore-guide

I always almost get swept up in these promos but then I look at guides like this and just think "1-2 hours for 1000GS for less than a pound...?" 

Good luck to anyone who is going for it and will enjoy doing it, but if you're not loving the process, I'd strongly suggest you give it a miss. 

3 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I always almost get swept up in these promos but then I look at guides like this and just think "1-2 hours for 1000GS for less than a pound...?" 

Good luck to anyone who is going for it and will enjoy doing it, but if you're not loving the process, I'd strongly suggest you give it a miss. 

I've always meant to play throu Full Throttle, so I'm using a guide to get the achievements as I go. Going to do the same with DOTT (though I ran through it back in the 90s) . I've been meaning to play the Walking Dead games for ages, so I'll do those as well.  Not going to play anything just for points, it's only the things I would play anyway. 

Yeah I'm going to keep playing as I was, but games that I liked the look of from the list of ones with each achievements and stuff I've played before and know I can complete quickly and fncy having another go at will probably get more attention than they would have otherwise.

Right. That's Edith Fitch done. I think Doom 64 next, which I had already started a bit last week.

This has come at the right time. I fancy Mass Effect and I don't want to spend any real money on it. 

As always, I'm just going to use this as a chance to play a few shorter games I have vaguely kept an eye on but never gotten around to. The thought of sitting there with a guide on my lap for 2 hours to play through something I have no interest in just to make 80p in reward points is not for me.

1 hour ago, Scribblor said:

I'm in @Wiper's boat. No card about this mythical 10k points. Maybe because I haven't filled in any of the others that require you to pay for something? 

It’s not that, I have it and haven’t done any of the purchase ones.

As with others I’m not going to chase it, will just play the games I’m playing and treat the extra achievement points as a nice little bonus.

Whilst being a bit of a slog the timing of this is pretty good for me.

Its my sons birthday in October and I was planning to get to 110,000 points to convert to Xbox Store gift cards to use towards buying him a Series S.

Probably won’t go all out chasing the full 10000 points like I did in January but have about 6-7 shortish games that can be played through to get quite a few.